Joseph Anang signed on season long loan

Caerphilly Ram

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Hmm, he’s a name I’ve heard of - think he was highly rated at West Ham at one point?

Seemed to have a bit of a nightmare with Stevenage in League Two though, and half a season in the Irish league does little to convince me he’s ready for our level. 

We do need proper competition for Wildsmith in goal, but I was really hoping for someone at a similar level to really push him. Not sure this guy is even much better than Loach.

Still, he’s 22 now and unlikely to make it at West Ham, so you’d think there’s a decent chance we can sign him permanently in the future - whenever we can actually pay fees again! So maybe that comes into the thinking.

So we have a chance of signing someone who isn’t very good ?

4 hours ago, Srg said:

You must be a big Waghorn fan. 

no I'm not. i just don't understand that reply tbh I am saying the club has just come through the worst period in its history and people are not even giving people a chance if I look at table were near the top.

14 minutes ago, islandram said:

no I'm not. i just don't understand that reply tbh I am saying the club has just come through the worst period in its history and people are not even giving people a chance if I look at table were near the top.

Because it doesn’t make sense. You bring in Wildsmith to be your number 1, and when we need a lot of players, it seems strange to use one on a keeper who will never play. Now if it’s with a view to sign permanently, it makes more sense, or if we aren’t planning on using the rest of the loan quota. 

The challenge we have is that Wildsmith has done enough so far to be given the number one spot, so any GK coming in is basically to sit on the bench. Not many clubs will loan out their GK to just do this.

Therefore do we need to look at signing a free transfer, and with that we don’t want to pay high wages to someone to sit on the bench.

We have a big challenge here.

I miss Allsop a lot.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

The challenge we have is that Wildsmith has done enough so far to be given the number one spot, so any GK coming in is basically to sit on the bench. Not many clubs will loan out their GK to just do this.

We have a big challenge here.

I miss Allsop a lot.

Me too. But Wildsmith made a cracking save today 1st half. He's looking better.

Now I must admit to knowing absolutely nothing about Anang, other than a vague memory of perhaps seeing him against us in a 5 minute edited highlights U23 game a season or 2 ago, when my only thought then was that he was big bugger. So in truth I am ill-equipped to join in with the knowledgeable scouting experts who are frequenting this page. So I will default to taking the view that our Club’s scouting team might have done some useful analysis on this guy and he has some potential to be useful in the season to come, perhaps longer. Let’s hope so.

8 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Now I must admit to knowing absolutely nothing about Anang, other than a vague memory of perhaps seeing him against us in a 5 minute edited highlights U23 game a season or 2 ago, when my only thought then was that he was big bugger. So in truth I am ill-equipped to join in with the knowledgeable scouting experts who are frequenting this page. So I will default to taking the view that our Club’s scouting team might have done some useful analysis on this guy and he has some potential to be useful in the season to come, perhaps longer. Let’s hope so.

Good point. He must have done something right to catch our attention ?

31 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

A new keeper is definitely much needed. Seems highly thought of so looking forward to see him play.

However I do hope this isn't the signing Rosenior was excited about that he spoke to in the week ?

Hopefully the striker to push Collins for a starting place ?

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Hopefully the striker to push Collins for a starting place ?

I can't think of who it could be at all. To be honest if we're only signing the keeper and one more I think we need a right back more than a striker.

We've got Collins, McGoldrick, Dobbin who can all play up there

Whoever this player is clearly plays for Coventry or Bristol City. Think people have mentioned Tyler Walker or George Tanner and they were both unused substitutes yesterday.

I really really hope it's not Waghorn.