Joseph Anang signed on season long loan

Caerphilly Ram

The way the full backs have started is tactically very different from the previous few years . As we are playing with two wide forwards their role is very much tucked in to a midfield position to add numbers in the centre , which is why it suits Knight and Roberts. 

Therefore is right back really a priority ? Someone other than McGoldrick or Dobbin to take the workload etc off Collins would look to be the priority.  

7 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

The way the full backs have started is tactically very different from the previous few years . As we are playing with two wide forwards their role is very much tucked in to a midfield position to add numbers in the centre , which is why it suits Knight and Roberts. 

Therefore is right back really a priority ? Someone other than McGoldrick or Dobbin to take the workload etc off Collins would look to be the priority.  

Exactly

On 15/08/2022 at 11:11, Oldben said:

https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/tim-clancy-reveals-st-pats-pushed-into-a-corner-over-release-of-on-loan-goalkeeper-joseph-anang-41911114.html

Anang - who signed a loan deal with the Saints from West Ham at the start of the season and went on to play 30 games, keeping 12 clean sheets - sealed his move to Derby County on Sunday evening, after attending the Rams' win over Barnsley on Saturday.

St Patrick’s Athletic seem disappointed to have lost talented Anang, should be good for us.

I see that as a huge red flag.

Unless he as been promised first team football (which he won't have been), is he going to be happier here if he's not playing, than playing any competitive football?

Hopefully he plays, is brilliant, and it's a moot point.

3 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I see that as a huge red flag.

Unless he as been promised first team football (which he won't have been), is he going to be happier here if he's not playing, than playing any competitive football?

Hopefully he plays, is brilliant, and it's a moot point.

Assuming he's now in the number 2 slot for goalkeeping?

On 13/08/2022 at 18:12, Magicman said:

Don't bother 

On 14/08/2022 at 21:28, Magicman said:

Don't get this signing ! Unless he is no 1 potential....

On 14/08/2022 at 21:51, Magicman said:

We don't need a third keeper but we do need a RB & striker 

6 hours ago, Magicman said:

Not sure about this signing but if he plays first team games we can assess his performances. We still need a new striker and RB unless Knight stays there which I dont mind.

You’re consistent, I’ll give you that ?

3 hours ago, dajstrawb said:

Love his enthusiasm! However it does appear strange to be so excited about moving from first team football to (seemingly) sitting on a bench

Agreed. Would be interesting to know what he’s been promised. We’ll never know of course but would still be interested to understand his motives. 

1 hour ago, Gerry Daly said:

He will have a job to dislodge Wildsmith at the moment, I think he is doing well and improving through getting a regular game

I agree. 

Not really been tested much in his early Derby career but his distribution has been better than I thought it would have been so far.

Would imagine Anang will be given the start against West Brom next week and in the Papa John’s Trophy games to get a proper look at him.

On 13/08/2022 at 18:09, Srg said:

Because it doesn’t make sense. You bring in Wildsmith to be your number 1, and when we need a lot of players, it seems strange to use one on a keeper who will never play. Now if it’s with a view to sign permanently, it makes more sense, or if we aren’t planning on using the rest of the loan quota. 

how do you know he will never play are you privileged to inside information. the answer is its just a personal opinion.

13 hours ago, islandram said:

how do you know he will never play are you privileged to inside information. the answer is its just a personal opinion.

She’s Scott Loach’s mum.

Edited by i-Ram

• 5 months later...