Jack Stretton - joined Stockport permanently

Caerphilly Ram

17 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You want 5 strikers for 1 position? ??

Did we not have 5 at one point last year? Between Baldock,  Gregory,  kazim,  Stretton etc? Depends what formation we are playing obviously,  but if we play with mcgoldrick as a 10 and Collins up top like a few think we will then we will have NO ONE to bring on up top WITHOUT injuries,  so I wouldn't say 2 more is excessive at all 

17 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Did we not have 5 at one point last year? Between Baldock,  Gregory,  kazim,  Stretton etc? Depends what formation we are playing obviously,  but if we play with mcgoldrick as a 10 and Collins up top like a few think we will then we will have NO ONE to bring on up top WITHOUT injuries,  so I wouldn't say 2 more is excessive at all 

Gregory was 20/21. Baldock was the first half of the season, and was injured for half of that. Kazim was injured for half of last season.

1st half of 21/22: Baldock, Kazim, Stretton

2nd half of 21/22: Plange, Kazim

16 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Gregory was 20/21. Baldock was the first half of the season, and was injured for half of that. Kazim was injured for half of last season.

My point still stands regardless of you picking apart what players were here at what times , they will most likely play at the same time leaving no one as a dedicated striker on the bench 

4 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Good move for him. Must mean we’ve got strikers coming in. Was told he could leave once replacements were brought in 

Captain ITK comes out with another “Yeah, that’s what I heard” after the event.

If you were told about it, why haven’t you told us beforehand?

5 hours ago, maydrakin said:

Fair enough.

Although, reading that and being the cynic I am, it does feel a little bit like if you throw enough darts…

People keep giving him a hard time and calling him out, but he’s got far more right than wrong this summer and I’m happy that he keeps sharing his info with us when he doesn’t have to.

9 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm thinking of our promotion season (at a higher level) and it felt like we had Steve Howard and then some 'non-strikers' like Fagan, Barnes pitching in? Definitely didn't feel like we had 5 options as well as people who could do a job there (Dobbin, Sibley)...could be wrong though.

9 minutes ago, roboto said:

People keep giving him a hard time and calling him out, but he’s got far more right than wrong this summer and I’m happy that he keeps sharing his info with us when he doesn’t have to.

My reading is that he got some vague stuff and a fair bit wrong early on ..but recently he is getting much better and less vague stuff ....so whoever the source is they are part of the new system so should be useful in the future, so keep them coming!

Edited by Chester40

26 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

My reading is that he got some vague stuff and a fair bit wrong early on ..but recently he is getting much better and less vague stuff ....so whoever the source is they are part of the new system so should be useful in the future, so keep them coming!

Perhaps we should all have a go and see how we do....

8 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I'm thinking of our promotion season (at a higher level) and it felt like we had Steve Howard and then some 'non-strikers' like Fagan, Barnes pitching in? Definitely didn't feel like we had 5 options as well as people who could do a job there (Dobbin, Sibley)...could be wrong though.

Yes, but we used 442 more often than not? Howard, Peschisolido, Macken and Stead options upfront, with others on the wing, wasn't it?
The squad (excluding players with just a few apps excluded) looked something like this:

Keepers: Bywater, Grant
Defenders: Moore, Johnson, Edworthy, Leacock, Camara, Jackson.
                    1st half only: Boertien
                    2nd half only: Mears, McEveley
Midfielders: Oakley, Jones, Johnson, Malcolm
                    1st half only: Bolder
Wingers: Barnes, Lupoli, Bisgaard, Smith
                    2nd half only: Fagan, Teale, Currie, Pearson
Forwards: Howard, Peschisolido
                    1st half only: Stead
                    2nd half only: Macken

4 players for two CF positions, with other filling in.
When playing 1 up top (which we will continue to do this season), you're looking at 2 CFs, 3 if you're greedy, with others filling in if needed. Since McGoldrick will also play in a AM/SS role, we'll be going in to the season with Collins, McGoldrick and one other. The likes of Barkhuizen and Dobbin chipping in if needed.

11 minutes ago, Magicman said:

He needs to develop in lower league and if he does that he  has a career ahead with Simmo but not at DCFC .

Why dont you just see how he gets on this season and wish him well rather than always piling on some of the youngsters? And your argument perhaps falls apart if Simpson comes back to us at some point

17 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Why dont you just see how he gets on this season and wish him well rather than always piling on some of the youngsters? And your argument perhaps falls apart if Simpson comes back to us at some point

Oh dear so he is so good in your view hence he has  progressed nothing like other youngsters in similar periods from U23s . Plange head and shoulders above Stretton as just one recent example.