Jack Stretton - joined Stockport permanently

Caerphilly Ram

55 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm not saying the opposite. I'm telling you the factual maximum number of minutes you have seen Stretton in the first team. 

Is the Beglian 2nd division better than L2? I've never watched football in that league so can only guess at "no".

He isn't too small for a Warne side, as pointed out by others. You're quick to move the goal posts to "Dobbin is faster" and "Ogbene is more experienced".

As I previously stated in a different thread about other academy players, your judgement on youngsters is abysmal and cannot be taken seriously.

So you claim he is first team standard here .... lets see whose judgement is right next season ??

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm not saying the opposite. I'm telling you the factual maximum number of minutes you have seen Stretton in the first team. 

Is the Beglian 2nd division better than L2? I've never watched football in that league so can only guess at "no".

He isn't too small for a Warne side, as pointed out by others. You're quick to move the goal posts to "Dobbin is faster" and "Ogbene is more experienced".

As I previously stated in a different thread about other academy players, your judgement on youngsters is abysmal and cannot be taken seriously.

I wouldn’t bother 

image.gif.495205502cb394d870cc976389422c7b.gif

On 17/10/2022 at 18:52, Magicman said:

So you claim he is first team standard here .... lets see whose judgement is right next season ??

Your judgement may yet prove correct - but the way you seem to take delight in one of our academy not hitting the mark is what comes across as lacking any class.

Be consistent with your view, you make very general sweeping statements about him - eg too small for CF in a Paul Warne side …..which when challenged you then slightly change the approach. If you’d said “he’s not overly tall, lacks explosive pace or trickery” that may seem a more reasoned assessment and underpin your view.

This forum is about opinions - and if you’re opinion is that he won’t make it as a consistent performer in Derby’s first team then that’s great - people will respect that. Just do us a favour and don’t make it appear that you take delight in him not doing that ??

2 hours ago, Dava75 said:

Your judgement may yet prove correct - but the way you seem to take delight in one of our academy not hitting the mark is what comes across as lacking any class.

Be consistent with your view, you make very general sweeping statements about him - eg too small for CF in a Paul Warne side …..which when challenged you then slightly change the approach. If you’d said “he’s not overly tall, lacks explosive pace or trickery” that may seem a more reasoned assessment and underpin your view.

This forum is about opinions - and if you’re opinion is that he won’t make it as a consistent performer in Derby’s first team then that’s great - people will respect that. Just do us a favour and don’t make it appear that you take delight in him not doing that ??

Never said that just don't rate but other people add their own perceptions which is the right too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Just now, jono said:

How’s he doing I wonder ? If he’s got a bit stronger I can’t help feeling he could feed off McG’s hold up play 

Two goals, two assists in 18 games.

I think we probably need better than him.

Shame, because he’s home grown and seems a game trier.

Maybe he’s a late developer. Some forwards seem to suddenly strike a purple patch in their mid to late twenties.

4 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Two goals, two assists in 18 games.

I think we probably need better than him.

Shame, because he’s home grown and seems a game trier.

Maybe he’s a late developer. Some forwards seem to suddenly strike a purple patch in their mid to late twenties.

2 goals and 3 assists in 804 minutes in the league (1 every 161 minutes)

For comparison, our top 5 in the league so far are:
1. McGoldrick - 106
2. Mendez-Laing - 180
3. Osula - 221
4. Collins - 229
5. Hourihane - 235

15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

2 goals and 3 assists in 804 minutes in the league (1 every 161 minutes)

For comparison, our top 5 in the league so far are:
1. McGoldrick - 106
2. Mendez-Laing - 180
3. Osula - 221
4. Collins - 229
5. Hourihane - 235

If he can’t get in Carlisles starting eleven though it perhaps raises a question on the validity of your stat.

I can't say that I've ever seen anything from Stretton than makes me think "We need him back and he'll go on to be an important player for Derby" so far.

What I've seen is a lot of desire and no shortage of effort, but a lack of ability to take chances or to stay fit for an extended period of time.

I'd love to think we've got a gem on our hands but I just can't see it. Maybe I'm wrong, I've been wrong before loads of times.