Jack Stretton - joined Stockport permanently

Caerphilly Ram

3 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Incredible assist last night.

Good strength to win the battle on the wing and decent weight of pass for the midfielder.

Had to bide his time and has now played the full 90 in the last two games following an injury to one of their forwards. They had only lost 1 all season, so you can understand why Simpson has been reluctant to change things.

57 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Good strength to win the battle on the wing and decent weight of pass for the midfielder.

Had to bide his time and has now played the full 90 in the last two games following an injury to one of their forwards. They had only lost 1 all season, so you can understand why Simpson has been reluctant to change things.

To me that shows he could do a job for us if we need him if recall clause in the loan.

16 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

To me that shows he could do a job for us if we need him if recall clause in the loan.

Prior to these two games he was unused substitute for 3 of the last 4, playing only a single minute in the other. 65 minutes in 7 games until these two 90 minutes forced through injury. Maybe cool on the expectations on the boy, remember you had Callum Ball down as the next all star and look how that went. Just look with Kornell McDonald, just joined Kettering who are struggling in the conference north. Maybe not as good as "regular" folk thought...

On 28/09/2022 at 16:25, B4ev6is said:

If he is playing games leave him where he is. Much better for him to be playing than warming our bench behind the likes of McGoldrick, Dobbin, Collins and Osula.

• 2 weeks later...

Second goal was a nice finish, ball played to him on the break, running in from the right, dinks it over the onrushing keeper's right arm.

His first goal he knew nothing about it tbh! A shot from 8 yards deflected off a defender's knee, hit his knee and went in. He didn't actually do anything himself to put the ball in,  if anything he was trying to move out the way!

They all count though, a bit like one of his goals in a previous loan which should have been an OG - a  cross he played, hit away from the goal, was deflected in by a defender.

Edited by Kokosnuss

1 hour ago, Magicman said:

As I said he is not good enough for our team but in EFL2 he might ! His first goal was off his backside the second much better. He still seems to play 'with a bag of cement' on his shoulders. 

Has Jack kicked your cat or something , give the lad a break , hes suffered horrendously with injuries which has hampered his progress, a consistently fit Stretton is too good for League 2

27 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Has Jack kicked your cat or something , give the lad a break , hes suffered horrendously with injuries which has hampered his progress, a consistently fit Stretton is too good for League 2

I never saw him play well in 3 years of being around our first team squad and he was not injured all that time. Why do you think he has done nothing ? What does he offer to us ? 

9 minutes ago, Magicman said:

I never saw him play well in 3 years of being around our first team squad and he was not injured all that time. Why do you think he has done nothing ? What does he offer to us ? 

Glad to know you've made a judgement on him based on a maximum of 480 minutes of football, in which he scored once and assisted once. 172 minutes were in cup competitions, so unless you were at the games you wouldn't have seen him

There are a lot of people here who will have watched him play 10 times as much football as that.
Then there's his record out on loan:
     3 goals in 173 minutes for Stockport, until we recalled him and he picked up an injury in the first game back.
     2 goals and 1 assist in 449 league minutes for Carlisle (634 mins in all comps)

20/21
In the U23s until November and earned a spot in the first team following 8 goals in 8 games, but was still behind Kazim and Waghorn as in the pecking order. Picked up and injury and was out for 3 months, before going out on loan. Recalled due to an injury crisis and lasted 19 minutes before coming off with an injury. Missed the rest of the season.

21/22
Started the season in the first team squad, scoring in his first appearance. Played in 7 of the next 9 games, mostly as a sub. Dropped back down to the U23 when Baldock and Kazim were both fit. Scored 6 in his first 5 U23 games before picking up an injury which kept him out for three months. In his absence, Plange was given a shot in the first team due to all other senior forwards being out injured too. Due to his performances, Plange kept his place in the squad when others were fit.

22/23
Out on loan at Carlisle

52 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Glad to know you've made a judgement on him based on a maximum of 480 minutes of football, in which he scored once and assisted once. 172 minutes were in cup competitions, so unless you were at the games you wouldn't have seen him

There are a lot of people here who will have watched him play 10 times as much football as that.
Then there's his record out on loan:
     3 goals in 173 minutes for Stockport, until we recalled him and he picked up an injury in the first game back.
     2 goals and 1 assist in 449 league minutes for Carlisle (634 mins in all comps)

20/21
In the U23s until November and earned a spot in the first team following 8 goals in 8 games, but was still behind Kazim and Waghorn as in the pecking order. Picked up and injury and was out for 3 months, before going out on loan. Recalled due to an injury crisis and lasted 19 minutes before coming off with an injury. Missed the rest of the season.

21/22
Started the season in the first team squad, scoring in his first appearance. Played in 7 of the next 9 games, mostly as a sub. Dropped back down to the U23 when Baldock and Kazim were both fit. Scored 6 in his first 5 U23 games before picking up an injury which kept him out for three months. In his absence, Plange was given a shot in the first team due to all other senior forwards being out injured too. Due to his performances, Plange kept his place in the squad when others were fit.

22/23
Out on loan at Carlisle

I seen him live and on rams TV enough over that time to make my mind up.

Still don't see what he offers us unlike Plange for example ! Tell me what i am missing ok ! 

Edited by Magicman

31 minutes ago, Magicman said:

I seen him live and on rams TV enough over that time to make my mind up.

Still don't see what he offers us unlike Plange for example ! Tell me what i am missing ok ! 

If you didn't go to watch the cup games live, then you've only seen him for a maximum of 308 minutes. No where near enough time to judge a player. 480 minutes under the old management group and scored 1 and assisted 1. Collins, under the old management group, took 650 minutes before he made his first goal contribution, and was already written off by many before that goal.
Stretton'ss a player who will look to break the offside trap, press the defence, and a natural poacher who has that habit of being exactly where he needs to be to score. He's the ideal forward for how Warne is setting us up. 
As I have said, there are a large number of people who have watched him significantly more than you, and all will have come to a different conclusion to you. It's exceptionally rare for one person to be right in a room full of people saying something completely different.

Plange is a different type of player. The type to link play and support the main CF.

34 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If you didn't go to watch the cup games live, then you've only seen him for a maximum of 308 minutes. No where near enough time to judge a player. 480 minutes under the old management group and scored 1 and assisted 1. Collins, under the old management group, took 650 minutes before he made his first goal contribution, and was already written off by many before that goal.
Stretton'ss a player who will look to break the offside trap, press the defence, and a natural poacher who has that habit of being exactly where he needs to be to score. He's the ideal forward for how Warne is setting us up. 
As I have said, there are a large number of people who have watched him significantly more than you, and all will have come to a different conclusion to you. It's exceptionally rare for one person to be right in a room full of people saying something completely different.

Plange is a different type of player. The type to link play and support the main CF.

Thanks GOC  , glad im not the only one who can see a player in Jack , some Derby fans delight in writing players off before they have any time to show what they can do , the injuries have been so unfortunate for Jack , i wish him all the best at Carlisle

43 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

i have seen him plenty live and TV so please don't keep saying the opposite. Plange took his chances and Stretton goes to Division 4 meh says it all. He won't fit PW style as he is too small for CF. Most people I know agree Stretton won't make it here !! Divided opinions lets see where he ends up after this season. Nothing against the lad himself but he been a dud in my book. 

Edited by Magicman

17 minutes ago, Magicman said:

i have seen him plenty live and TV so please don't keep saying the opposite. Plange took his chances and Stretton goes to Division 4 meh says it all. He won't fit PW style as he is too small for CF. Most people I know agree Stretton won't make it here !! Divided opinions lets see where he ends up after this season. Nothing against the lad himself but he been a dud in my book. 

Strettons 2nd goal on Saturday was as good as Osulas , Osula gets praised and Strettons a dud , Jack is capable of making a name for himself at Derby , injuries permitting

2 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

He is 8cm taller than Dobbin, who has started up front in every Warne game so far.

He is also taller than Ogbene, who played upfront for Rotherham this season under Warne.

Dobbin is twice as fast tho mate  ! I accept he is 18 and just playing his first mens games. Ogbene is 25 , 1.81 m played over 178 games and full Irish international.. Stretton is way behind them both IMO. 

1 hour ago, Magicman said:

I'm not saying the opposite. I'm telling you the factual maximum number of minutes you have seen Stretton in the first team. 

Is the Beglian 2nd division better than L2? I've never watched football in that league so can only guess at "no".

He isn't too small for a Warne side, as pointed out by others. You're quick to move the goal posts to "Dobbin is faster" and "Ogbene is more experienced".

As I previously stated in a different thread about other academy players, your judgement on youngsters is abysmal and cannot be taken seriously.