Matchday Thread - Charlton Athletic v Derby County (06/08 15:00)

Sean

8 hours ago, i-Ram said:

The Barrow Boy and Banker is ok too isn’t it? Haven’t been there though for about 3 years.

Yes its close by, loads of room inside and a decent range of beers/lagers.
Last went there about 5 or 6 years ago and cant remember there being any outside drinking area. 

4 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

We did win there under Frankie tho with a Waggy header as I recall.... 

Russell header 1-0 under Wassall?

16 hours ago, S75 Ram said:

There are 3 half decent pubs (Southwark Tavern, Wheatsheaf and Market Porter) close together on Stoney Street at Borough Market.
Was a fair few Derby fans in them before the Millwall game last season.
Borough Market is great for a breakfast if eating is your thing ?

Then on the train from London Bridge station direct to Charlton - simples.

15 hours ago, Foreveram said:

The old Thames side also just off Borough market is a great view over the river. Love Borough market, I stopped off there for the Millwall game. I’m on the supporter’s bus this time so not so easy.

7 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Bunch of Grapes is another favourite although I have only gone past it.

I’ve also called in at the Rose of Denmark if you aren’t going to London Bridge.

The short trainride to Charlton from London Bridge after food and drink around Borough Market is what I'd recommend and these are all good venues. London Branch is drinking in the Mudlark which is another one nearby. I like The Old Thameside Inn by the river (mentioned by @Foreveram and with some lovely pies) so will probably end up there. If everyone's fit my team would be:

Wildsmith

Knight       Davies       Cashin       Roberts

Bird

Mendez-Liang     Sibley     Hourihane     Barkhuizen

Collins

Sibs: Loach  Oduroh  Chester  Forsyth  Smith  Stretton  McGoldrick  

Thompson and Stearman miss out.

I suspect Rosenior will have Smith in for Sibley.

Edited by Carl Sagan

46 minutes ago, Norwichram2 said:

Anyone been to the Angerstein Hotel on the Woolwich road? Supposed to be away friendly and near the station and ground.

Not been in so I can’t comment but it is generally recommended as the away pub, about 20 minutes walk.

3 hours ago, Norwichram2 said:

Anyone been to the Angerstein Hotel on the Woolwich road? Supposed to be away friendly and near the station and ground.

It's sh*t, unless you're OK with lagers, keg ales etc. 

If you want to be that close to the ground but want Ale, head in the opposite direction to the Angerstein and there's a nice micropub called the River Ale House right on the main road. Check online to make sure it's open though. 

Edit: Opens at Noon tomorrow, about 5 mins walk from the Angerstein. Not huge, but holds about 25-30 ma. 

Edited by Crewton

7 minutes ago, Crewton said:

It's sh*t, unless you're OK with lagers, keg ales etc. 

If you want to be that close to the ground but want Ale, head in the opposite direction to the Angerstein and there's a nice micropub called the River Ale House right on the main road. Check online to make sure it's open though. 

Cheers. Might head for Borough Market and take train in to Charlton from London Bridge then.

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Here's the preview on a Charlton forum if you want to read what they're saying in the buildup:

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/94476/charlton-athletic-vs-derby-county-saturday-6th-august-2022-3pm-match-preview

Blimey, there's some sensible posters on there. Are you sure it's a message board? ? 

@Sean - looking for a similar intro for the Mansfield game! ?

Does anyone know how many tickets we've sold for this game ?

Only on website AWAY tickets its only showing the Mansfield game "sold out"

I have my ticket but just wondered why its not showing the Charlton game in away tickets section

16 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Does anyone know how many tickets we've sold for this game ?

Only on website AWAY tickets its only showing the Mansfield game "sold out"

I have my ticket but just wondered why its not showing the Charlton game in away tickets section

Mansfield tickets are officially on sale online but are sold out, Charlton tickets are off sale online due to postal deadlines but are on sale  from the ticket office. There was about 100 tickets left yesterday. The total allocation was 3,155.

14 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Here's the preview on a Charlton forum if you want to read what they're saying in the buildup:

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/94476/charlton-athletic-vs-derby-county-saturday-6th-august-2022-3pm-match-preview

Rather a nice exchange between two of their fans:

A: “we won’t be seeing Derby again next season”

B “what makes you think they won’t be promoted as well” 

On 01/08/2022 at 21:57, Ghost of Clough said:

Shrewsbury and Lincoln the only midweek games we have before Christmas. Both will sell out.

Ipswich (Saturday 22nd October) may be a bit slower to sell out due to how crap it is to get to. Depends how well we're doing I suppose.

Bolton (Boxing Day), Forest Green (Good Friday) and Exeter 18th April the only other non-Saturday games we currnetly have.

Ipswich now much easier to get to with the A12 / A14.  My lad has started a job there so was down at the weekend, albeit travelling from Doncaster.  2 hours 50 mins…… suspect similar from Derby