Kyle Joseph, signed for Oxford.

RAMS1992

Nixon says a free transfer with a sell on clause could be a possibility for the Joseph deal.

Could be a smart bit of business if the club can get it done. He’s a good age at only 20 and seems like he has the build to grow into a decent striker at this level.

Was a very highly rated prospect at Wigan and was subsequently snatched during their administration by Swansea.

I did a bit of digging to see what Cheltenham fans had to say: 'flatters to deceive' was one quote that best described him, considering the rest of the comments. 

A lot of ability, extremely high level of potential but doesn't put it together all that often. Not uncommon for young players, I guess. 

It would be good to get him on a permanent, perhaps forego future fees to make it happen as Nixon suggested, because I think we should be looking to recruit more established (or at least higher rated) players with our loan options - we've only for 4 left and need them to fill the squad out. 

Joseph looks to me like a player who will be a perennial bench player who comes on with 20/30 to go. I guess he is the likely starter in the pizza cup though. 

Edited by Ambitious

On 26/07/2022 at 13:47, BobdeBilder said:

The problem with Rams fans is that they want a 20 year old England International striker with 10 years Premier league experience, on a free transfer, who gets 20 goals per season and will play for 30 bob a week. If not they are a pile of crap.

Whereas the fans of other clubs that are short of cash want .............the same?

Seems like a low risk gamble. He’s young, has experience at this level, plays in a position we need some extra cover/different options and will be cheaper than a premier league loan.

If it works out then we could have a real bargain. If he fails to deliver it hopefully won’t have cost us too much.

On 31/07/2022 at 09:59, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Jesus Mary and the orphans, we don't need another one.

There’s a sign here .. we are looking at a Cannon, Donkey and and a virgin’s husband. All we need now is a German centre back called Weismann,  a Brazilian striker called Angel Gabriel and a DM called Shepherd. (Got Rammie’s offspring for the lambs so we’re ok in that dept.  ) 

40 minutes ago, jono said:

There’s a sign here .. we are looking at a Cannon, Donkey and and a virgin’s husband. All we need now is a German centre back called Weismann,  a Brazilian striker called Angel Gabriel and a DM called Shepherd. (Got Rammie’s offspring for the lambs so we’re ok in that dept.  ) 

Inñkepper ?