Kyle Joseph, signed for Oxford.

RAMS1992

9 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I still think the decision to let Stretton go out on loan was a strange one, at this time.

To be fair, I do think Stretton needed a loan. He didn’t look up to standard in pre-season, and was unlikely to get many minutes here as a result. No good for his development sitting on the sidelines, he needs to prove himself in League Two.

I presume when we agreed to let him head out, we still believed Joseph was coming here. Suspect we’ll be scrambling around for other options now.

I think we still have some exciting transfers to come, possibly better than those mentioned on here.

One or two might be going in the opposite direction to cover salaries.

Hope our failure to land Joseph and Robertson is because we have greater ambition.

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Very disappointing to lose out on a transfer target to Oxford. Can only assume it’s because Swansea want to offload him permanently, and Oxford are able to put an option in to buy him for a fee at the end of the season, whereas we could only try and take him for free. Bloody business plan.

We need to find an alternative quickly, as we desperately need a third striker now we’ve let Stretton go out on loan, particularly with McGoldrick still out.

Not bothered in the slightest - plenty of time left in this window 

45 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Not bothered in the slightest - plenty of time left in this window 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not panicking yet. As you say, there’s 3 weeks left in the window.

Just a bit frustrating to miss out on a player who appeared to be our main target in his position. There’s still time for the recruitment team to find an alternative though - maybe even someone better - so let’s hope they do. They’re gonna be busy over the next few weeks no doubt.

17 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not panicking yet. As you say, there’s 3 weeks left in the window.

Just a bit frustrating to miss out on a player who appeared to be our main target in his position. There’s still time for the recruitment team to find an alternative though - maybe even someone better - so let’s hope they do. They’re gonna be busy over the next few weeks no doubt.

Do we know this for a fact or was it just pure speculation?

Hard to be that bothered about this one - I'd never heard of him a few weeks ago, Swansea don't seem bothered about him, he doesn't seem super-prolific... I realise we could do with another striker but don't see why we can't do as well, or better, elsewhere.

(I realise he'll now score 20 goals this season including a hat-trick against us.)

Edited by vonwright

22 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I still think the decision to let Stretton go out on loan was a strange one, at this time.

Better off where he can play and develop than sat here waiting for someone to get injured. I might be in a minority here but nothing I have seen from Stretton in a Derby shirt convinces me that he is anywhere near the standard required for our first team as it stands. He needs to be playing games week in week out.