Ali Koiki - Signed for Northampton

Arsene Titman

19 minutes ago, Rev said:

Gives away too many free kicks and penalties, due to his poor technique. 

He puts his left leg in, then pulls his left leg out, in, out, in, out, shakes it all about.

Swine...

I jumped on here to say surely there is a chant begging to be sung... and you have already stolen my thunder!

Exactly the type of signings I want, young promising players, league one a in a decent side is a great place to give them chances. Increase resale value too hopefully! This and a right back, similar prospect if there is one and then maybe a winger on loan and I’m very happy with our side.

10 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Exactly the type of signings I want, young promising players, league one a in a decent side is a great place to give them chances. Increase resale value too hopefully! This and a right back, similar prospect if there is one and then maybe a winger on loan and I’m very happy with our side.

What about a goalie? 

Seems odd to go after a LB when we have Roberts and supposed to be giving Forsyth a new deal. Played in L2 last season and was statistically similar to Buchanan in the Championship, but dribbled more and had a bit more end product.

Abd-Al-Ali Morakinyo Olaposi Koiki. Might get it on my shirt

Roberts is mainly a CB who has played LB before.

I don't see any harm with attempting to bring a more attacking style full back into the squad. I'd expect the wages and fees being discussed to be well within our budget too.

Even if Forsyth signs a new deal, do we expect him to be available for every match next season? Then do we know we can find a suitable long-term replacement after that?

What if Roberts doesn't quite work out at left back in Rosenior's system? This is the sort of signing that makes sense to add more competition and depth in areas we are stretched.

6 minutes ago, roboto said:

I don't see any harm with attempting to bring a more attacking style full back into the squad. I'd expect the wages and fees being discussed to be well within our budget too.

Even if Forsyth signs a new deal, do we expect him to be available for every match next season? Then do we know we can find a suitable long-term replacement after that?

What if Roberts doesn't quite work out at left back in Rosenior's system? This is the sort of signing that makes sense to add more competition and depth in areas we are stretched.

Totally agree. Forsyth is 33 now and I'd be surprised if the Club offer him anything ore than a year's deal. Roberts (even if he's seen as a left back first choice) is only here on loan. While next season is the main focus, we have to be thinking slightly longer term too.

7 minutes ago, roboto said:

What if Collins or Hourihane don't work out? Should we get backups for them too just in case?
We've been taking a targeted approach to recruitment -signings players to suit the system. Even if they don't work out, they'll be steady enough to get us through to January where we can make adjustments to the squad

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

What if Collins or Hourihane don't work out? Should we get backups for them too just in case?
We've been taking a targeted approach to recruitment -signings players to suit the system. Even if they don't work out, they'll be steady enough to get us through to January where we can make adjustments to the squad

We have Cybulski and Stretton pushing for first team places last year (out of necessity) for the striker role, but yes I also wouldn't mind a bit more depth there if someone with the right attributes at the right price was available.

Hourihane plays CM where we have depth with players like Knight, Bird, Thompson, Sibley etc. and some decent academy prospects to fill in if needed. If we start to sell some of our current first team midfielders then it is worth looking for suitable replacements too.

We can't just rely on a threadbare squad because that's hat we've been used to. We need to add more competition and cover where possible. Obviously within limitations of the business plan, but also with the longer term aim of getting some players in who could be with us for the longer term.

I'm not against January signings, but we shouldn't dismiss adding what we can now. I'm sure we're not just going around and throwing money at players/agents to get these guys.

6 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

How do we have the money? They turned down a 6 figure sum from wycombe earlier in the year?

Wycombe's idea of a 6 figure sum could be £1,000.01... we know Couhig is a shrewd businessman ?