Ali Koiki - Signed for Northampton

Arsene Titman

2 hours ago, Big Trav said:

My friend who’s a Northampton town season ticket holder said “We’ll ask for loads. He’s Powerful, quick attacking full back, better going forward than defending, relies on his pace to help him defend & has quick feet. Was always at the start of our attacks because Robbo would roll the ball out to him & would just run through the teams. Also, he’s the face of our new kit launches so think the club expect him to stay“ Northampton had the best defence in England last season so it’s a no brained from me

Derby excuse type !

39438D56-4D7C-44A8-BF90-F9E9D2F84B0D.gif

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Seems odd to go after a LB when we have Roberts and supposed to be giving Forsyth a new deal. Played in L2 last season and was statistically similar to Buchanan in the Championship, but dribbled more and had a bit more end product.

Abd-Al-Ali Morakinyo Olaposi Koiki. Might get it on my shirt

Tbh Roberts feels a little like the odd one out to me. With Koiki being more aligned to what I thought we'd be going for. 

Looks a little like Rosenior's plan is to have an experienced player in a position and a young player to grow into the role. More or less.

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

Tbh Roberts feels a little like the odd one out to me. With Koiki being more aligned to what I thought we'd be going for. 

Looks a little like Rosenior's plan is to have an experienced player in a position and a young player to grow into the role. More or less.

Still not sure how things will pan out in defence. Who’s to say Roberts isn’t a better centre half than the others?

Chester won’t have come here to sit on the bench. 

Everyone seems to assume it will be Cashin and Davies but we will see.

Looks like we will have options home and away.

Stearman will be taking his knitting to most games.

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Still not sure how things will pan out in defence. Who’s to say Roberts isn’t a better centre half than the others?

It's 5 subs this year isn't it? That would make the bench players making more appearances 

Fozzy will get a new contract but theres no harm in buyin in another left back as fozzy is getting old and that new bloke is only on loan , so we'll be back down to 1 lb after loan finished and fozzy retirement.

Our recruitment has been far beyond expectation so i trust in what theyre doing 

3 hours ago, Big Trav said:

My friend who’s a Northampton town season ticket holder said “We’ll ask for loads. He’s Powerful, quick attacking full back, better going forward than defending, relies on his pace to help him defend & has quick feet. Was always at the start of our attacks because Robbo would roll the ball out to him & would just run through the teams. Also, he’s the face of our new kit launches so think the club expect him to stay“ Northampton had the best defence in England last season so it’s a no brained from me

Best we speak to the other supporter they have for a second opinion, better to be safe than sorry.

Taxi for the cobblers!

47 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Like to me Cashin, Davies, Chester + 1 more at CB and then 2xLBs where at least one of them is a youngish attacking fullback makes sense. 

So to me if we sign Koiki and if we sign Fozzy it would feel like 1 of Fozzy, Stearman or Roberts is surplus to what we need. Unless we plan on semi-regulalry playing 3 at the back.

34 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Wigan spent a 600k fee last season straight out of administration. If we want to spend a fee and the EFL agree to it within the framework of the business plan then we can crack on.

If we would spend one fee I would probably like it to be a promising striker , but a young attacking left back is quite an exciting prospect none the less , impressed with the transfers so far , couldn't of imagined this a few months ago , nice feeling ?

1 hour ago, brady1993 said:

I'm not so sure. Without having seen him play, mind - but his preference of being a CB would suggest that we'll have Roberts as more defensively minded allowing the RB to be the more offensive player, and Oduroh looks like just that.