What’s the formula for getting out of Lg1?

Hulking journeymen?

Rapid youngsters?

A mix of the 2?

3-4-3? 3-5-2? 4-4-2? 

Because we have mainly/some championship quality players, is that enough? Or does all form and quality go out the window when Fleetwood Town just decide to kick the cr*p out of you?

Should we buy players that know the league? 

Fittest team wins?

Biggest team wins?

Play like Brazil?

or Play like Allardyce?

Snatch it with a set piece and shut up shop?

Or play like Shteve Mc era 1 and score 4 if they score 3?

How the hell do we get promoted in a oner?

Answers on a postcard…..

??

12 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Hulking journeymen?

Rapid youngsters?

A mix of the 2?

3-4-3? 3-5-2? 4-4-2? 

Because we have mainly/some championship quality players, is that enough? Or does all form and quality go out the window when Fleetwood Town just decide to kick the cr*p out of you?

Fittest team wins?

Biggest team wins?

Play like Brazil?

or Play like Allardyce?

Answers on a postcard…..

??

Getting more points than the other teams ?

33 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Hulking journeymen?

Rapid youngsters?

A mix of the 2?

3-4-3? 3-5-2? 4-4-2? 

Fittest team wins?

Biggest team wins?

Play like Brazil?

or Play like Allardyce?

Answers on a postcard…..

??

I'd say win games

1 hour ago, YouRams said:

Anything other than sideways, sideways, sideways, back, back, keeper, wing, terrible cross, repeat 

Would be nice 

This. We need to score around 80 goals to be in with a good shout. Last season all our thoughts were defensive and about not conceding goals. To gain promotion we need a completely different mindset in which our first thought is to attack, create chances and score goals. This is my fear with the continuity of Rosenior's coaching. It would be a huge mistake to try to play in the same negative style as last season.

• Let's have some quick thinking. If there's an opportunity, anyone can take a throw-in rather than wait 30 seconds for the full back.
  • If we get a freekick in our opponent's half, we put the ball into their box rather than pass back to our keeper.
  • We have a goalkick, Curtis lined up over the ball to pass it it Wildsmith with 2 or 3 opposition forwards waiting on the edge of our box ready to charge. Instead we play it over long over their heads having already stretched the play and taken their players out of the game without any more of the unnecessary risk nonsense.
  • If we break the opposition line, we never turn back to play a safe ball but always keep sprinting forward to capitalize.

Just a few of my many bugbears that we have to change if we're to be in with a shout.

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

This. We need to score around 80 goals to be in with a good shout. Last season all our thoughts were defensive and about not conceding goals. To gain promotion we need a completely different mindset in which our first thought is to attack, create chances and score goals. This is my fear with the continuity of Rosenior's coaching. It would be a huge mistake to try to play in the same negative style as last season.

• Let's have some quick thinking. If there's an opportunity, anyone can take a throw-in rather than wait 30 seconds for the full back.
  • If we get a freekick in our opponent's half, we put the ball into their box rather than pass back to our keeper.
  • We have a goalkick, Curtis lined up over the ball to pass it it Wildsmith with 2 or 3 opposition forwards waiting on the edge of our box ready to charge. Instead we play it over long over their heads having already stretched the play and taken their players out of the game without any more of the unnecessary risk nonsense.
  • If we break the opposition line, we never turn back to play a safe ball but always keep sprinting forward to capitalize.

Just a few of my many bugbears that we have to change if we're to be in with a shout.

Yes, although I think last years “system” was forced on us by lack of options and a huge handicap. We were solid at the back but found it difficult to put scarce chances away. And certainly after the second deduction when even when we still had an outside chance, we had to display steel rather than flair. I hope and feel that starting level will change the mindset by default. Every 90 mins we played was like starting a game in the second half when you’re 2-0 down. 
it’s going to be interesting that’s for sure. Win a couple well,  early on, and you sow a fear factor

8 hours ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Hulking journeymen?

Rapid youngsters?

A mix of the 2?

3-4-3? 3-5-2? 4-4-2? 

Fittest team wins?

Biggest team wins?

Play like Brazil?

or Play like Allardyce?

Answers on a postcard…..

??

Good players and a manager who knows the league and make them believe. Last season WR reallly make them Believe that despite ,the 21 poinrts deduction we could stay up and the team bought into it. In the end injuries, suspensions, squad size cost us. 

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Would be nice to see us adapt goalkick tactics during a game. If they press, go long. They retreat, go short.

Last season, if they had 10 men lined up on edge of box, we would have still tried the short one to keeper!

3 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

As we seem to be looking for pacy forwards I am not thinking it’s going to be “lump it up to the big guy” type of footy (Davis Ball).

I am guessing it will start of looking like last season’s approach to start with.

McGoldrick, Kazim and Collins are what I'd describe as 'pacy'...

11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

You share my concerns over Rosenior, especially if he was in fact the man in charge of tactics last season.

However,let's hope it was Rooneys conservatism that was the limiting factor as it's been stated that he was in charge of the attacking side of the game.