Matchday Thread friendly V Bradford (A) 9th July 15:00

8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don't think they're playing with us. We're poor this half (hardly surprising given the changes made, nothing to read into it and not really fair to criticise) but they're not playing well enough to take advantage.

Not anymore,  feel like they were for the first 10 minutes of the second half we could barely get out our half , lot more even now but don't think anyone has stood out second half apart from maybe glover

10 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don't think they're playing with us. We're poor this half (hardly surprising given the changes made, nothing to read into it and not really fair to criticise) but they're not playing well enough to take advantage.

Early days though like you said

8 minutes ago, Magicman said:

in your opinion 2 very good players IMO both lack balance, end product and far from a loss NML is a good replacement.?

Both very young with plenty of time to develop balance and end product. An opinion shared by PL clubs

I think NML will be great for us but your casual dismissal of the other two is both limp and laughable 

Some fascinating clues today - Mendez-Laing and Barkhuizen strong in their first games. However, still feels like we need an experienced striker.

We have a volume of centre backs (Davies, Cashin, Stearman, Chester, Roberts), but weak at full back - with Byrne’s absence the biggest challenge - - interesting to see Roberts play half an hour at left back. 

Wildsmith looks a good keeper but needs to get used to our ‘play it from the back’ philosophy. 

and can we get Fozzy a contract pls. 

9 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Stretton fails to impress again ...

Odd comment. He's looked good on the ball, so much poise, control, composure, harrying as much as he can. I'd be pretty sure he'd have put both Cybulski's chances away (one of which he set Cybulski up for). But on the whole this is a much weaker team in the second half and our forwards have been feeding off scraps, when in the first half we dominated the ball.

1 minute ago, California Ram. said:

Some fascinating clues today - Mendez-Laing and Barkhuizen strong in their first games. However, still feels like we need an experienced striker.

We have a volume of centre backs (Davies, Cashin, Stearman, Chester, Roberts), but weak at full back - with Byrne’s absence the biggest challenge - - interesting to see Roberts play half an hour at left back. 

Wildsmith looks a good keeper but needs to get used to our ‘play it from the back’ philosophy. 

and can we get Fozzy a contract pls. 

Isn't Stearmann comfortable at RB? Maybe we intend to use him mainly there and only cover at CB.

I don’t like to get carried away, but a good few of our players are clearly a level above League One level.

If we start the season with midfield options of Bird, Knight, Hourihane and Bielik then that’ll be the strongest set in the league and better than a good few Championship sides too.

The wide players could be among the best too. Much may depend on whether we can get a tune from them.

We have solid centre-backs. 

I’d still like us to bolster our attacking options and fullbacks.