New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

Just been scrolling through the list of free agents on transfermarket. Here's a list of some that may potentially be on our radar:

(Disclaimer: I haven't checked if all have already signed for new clubs yet)

- Sheyi Ojo 

- Romaine Sawyers

- Connor Hourihane (reported)

- Tom Carroll

- Tom Rogic

- Nathaniel Mendez-Laing (reported)

- Massimo Luongo

- Saido Berahino

- Naby Sarr

- Cyrus Christie (?)

- Bradley Johnson

- Jodi Jones

- Alfie Mawson

- James Chester

- Tommy Smith

- Izzy Brown

- Luke Freeman

- Aapo Halme

- Myles Kenlock

- Connor Wickham

- Sam Winnall

Edited by Nuwtfly

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

They’re all on 2 year contracts so far - is that something related to the EFL embargo thingy?  I thought the restrictions were more to do with wage level etc than contract length.

I suspect so, someone asked cryptic Nixon that earlier and his response was something like “works for everyone” 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram
Added tweet

Just now, duncanjwitham said:

They’re all on 2 year contracts so far - is that something related to the EFL embargo thingy?  I thought the restrictions were more to do with wage level etc than contract length.

I thought that. You would have thought that some of the younger players would be given longer contracts.

What a lovely, lovely thread this is tonight. After everything we've had to put up with. Brings a tear to the eye and makes you think there is some loyalty in football and players like Cashin and Thommo genuinely love this club. Hopefully the brand new signings (Barkhuizen and Wildsmith etc) will come to feel the same. 

Derby are back!

5 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

That’s a good thing to me. Means anyone coming will know this and not just trying to get a lucrative contract over 4 years and cost us a fortune 

1 minute ago, DCFC_Sloth said:

Steerman next? Then Wildsmith, and finish with the big dog himself, Curtis Davies?

Will we get the kit tonight? I’ve come across all excited! 

I reckon we’ll have to wait on the kit a bit longer. Squad additions first to keep the mood up, season tickets next and maybe staff confirmations/additions early in the week, then kit to follow later is my prediction.