Rooney leaves

ThePrisoner

Honestly, this is no great surprise and could work out best for all parties in the end. How many managers go out on top? 5% if that, most experience good days, but ultimately you’re only a month or so of bad games from the sack and abuse by fans. 

This ends Rooney’s story with Derby perfectly. He was a rookie manager, who galvanised a squad and a club at the worst point in its history. He will always be appreciated with fans and now he’s got to go and prove himself at a club with expectations now. He’s still got it all to prove that he’s a good manager, despite the job he did here. This was a very unique challenge and one that very few managers will ever go through. 

I genuinely wish him all the best! 

Shocked on the news first coming out. On reflection I think it may be just what we need. We draw a line under the debacle and Rooney leaves with our best wishes. Excellent job done restoring some pride. I did feel like he hadn't managed us under the same conditions of expectation as others have, and consequently think the love-in might have preceded a mighty reckoning once our fans want a few wins and he fails to deliver. Those who claim otherwise...no patience in football, as evidenced time and time again. Hero to zero very quickly. We'll see his managerial credentials elsewhere ultimately and like Lampard before him, I want him to do well. The good thing for us is we can bring in experience, personally I'd like an older hand in who knows his way around the lower leagues. A low profile name might be just the tonic we need to bringing some closure to the circus of last few years.

Edited by SillyBilly

Absolutely devastated by this. He’s galvanised the club in torrid times and I’ve never felt closer to the club than I am now. 
That’s all down to Wayne. He’s been a revelation. He deserves success going forward and I’m sure he’ll do well. I do think it’s linked with the Kirchner deal falling through.

The last time I felt this way about a manager leaving was when Nigel Clough was sacked.  I was gutted, we then appointed Steve McC, Simmo and Eric Steele and look what happened there. It’s an opportunity but we’ve got to get it right.

17 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

The timing was always going to be bad.

Perhaps Rooney was just waiting until he felt the club had taken that giant step towards survival and today was that day.

There was never going to be a good time to leave, Imagine this, WR signs 25 players for this season, We don't win in our 1st 10 games, Fans are calling for him to go...he goes, Then the knives are out.

This for me is a good time to go, New owner, Fresh season, New manager gets to pick his own players and staff.

One last thing...Why did the Yank get involved with us...why?, Was it Stretford, Cook, WR, It was never right was it?, Me thinks Stretford was far to close to the yank for my liking, On the board, WRs agent and all that...no...just not right ?

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He turned the job down?

"But sources at the club have this evening told The Gazette these reports are inaccurate and Rosenior has NOT been offered the job.

Rosenior has been interviewed twice by the club along with former Pool boss Michael Appleton."

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-quash-reports-that-derby-county-assistant-liam-rosenior-has-been-offered-head-coach-job-3735026

I’m not surprised or disappointed with Rooney going he did a good job last season in the circumstances and created a siege mentality with the squad and if we had a recognised striker I think we might have stayed up against the odds but he’s on a reported large salary that’s just not affordable at this level and both Rooney and any new owner know this. Good luck Wazza and if you get a top job don’t forget the Super Rams with any loan signings ?????