Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

21 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

What's the difference between Steve Cooper and Kwasi Kwarteng? 

Nothing.

They've both promised their supporters a golden future, then implement strategies that don't work, while wasting millions of pounds in the process.

I just can't believe that Cooper was the man behind all of those signings

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

You're not likening forest's owner to Mike Ashley are you?

Mike Ashley wouldn't have authorised that level of spending.....but Mike Ashley did know what he wass doing, was just a tight arse. 

Whilst obviously being a bit of a twit, Ashley must look at the likes of the Forest owner and wonder why he doesn't get any stick from the football world. Ashley might run his businesses in a ruthless way, but his only alleged crime is not winning the Premier League 10 times with the mighty Newcastle. He's a saint in comparison.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

authorised that level of spending

I’ve just realised the only reason marinakis has authorised that level of spending is because he’s got to launder his drug money somewhere. He’s probably not able to spend it on anything else, so he might as well spend it on football players. You always expect to make a bit of a loss and pay over the odds when you’re properly laundering money (I learned that from breaking bad, not from experience). 

7 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

The 'bottom' three leagues are where its at for me, the Prem can go and fcuk itself. The sooner the 'big 6' feck-off the better as far as I'm concerned.

Remind me what sanctions were brought against the clubs who gave notice they were upping sticks, (asking for a friend)?

I remember a few years ago when Accrington's owner was threatened with punishment by the EFL for buying his squad a McDonald's following an away win. They said it might constitute an undeclared bonus.

That episode really opened my eyes about how some football clubs are treated compared to others. I can't stand the PL.

8 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Ancient history. They're more likely to get Everton benitez. 

Now just another journeyman looking for an easy bumper paycheck. 

Should fit right in.....made for forest ?

Maybe he’s gonna add that 3rd star to the badge whilst he’s there. He has won the champions league after all ????

6 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I’ve just realised the only reason marinakis has authorised that level of spending is because he’s got to launder his drug money somewhere. He’s probably not able to spend it on anything else, so he might as well spend it on football players. You always expect to make a bit of a loss and pay over the odds when you’re properly laundering money (I learned that from breaking bad, not from experience). 

A big chunk of the spending is a massive loan though rather than his own money

10 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

No team had ever got promoted to the PL as ill-prepared as we were, bar maybe Blackpool all those years ago.

Ehem……

I think we know who the most ill prepared team for the premier league was and we only had 2 bob and a conker to spend to sort it out, not £150m.

You didn’t need to sign 23 players. Your media friends have been trotting this one out trying to justify it but your squad was bloated last season with players like Harry Arter, Carl Jenkinson, and Lyle Taylor (isn’t he still on your books?) all on decent money and nowhere near the squad, there were others who I can’t remember. The worst is of it is you signed all these players and didn’t address your defence, everyone knows Cook Worrall and McKenna are not premier league quality. Niakhiate being injured was a blow but we don’t really know how good he is.

Forest are a complete and utter shambles right now and it’s all down to your owner, 6 managers in 5 years (soon to be 7), 130 players in 5 years. You were lucky last season in you got Cooper who was the best manager available, the stars aligned and you got promoted despite being badly run. The owner does stand behind his debts and pay his bills I’ll give you that but that’s the only difference (quite a big difference) from our disaster of an owner, I don’t expect Maranakis will leave you in the same position. 

Forest would’ve been better off signing 12 or 13 players, players Cooper wanted that could build on the culture and feel good factor he built last season and probably spend £80-90m, you would make a better fist of it had you done it this way and if you did go down be much better placed to bounce back. As it is, Cooper is going to be sacked (bad decision but inevitable as you say), a new manager comes in and has the same problems. Seeing Benitez linked and Dyche, can’t see them getting the best out of your flair players of which you have so many, and they’ll probably need to spend another £50m to sort out the defence. 

Going to be interesting to see what happens. Obviously I’d love to see it continue to implode and you face FFP problems that would be a nice irony. The World Cup break might be to your advantage.

9 hours ago, popside ossie end popside said:

Wish people would ignore this fella, brags on forest board how he comes on here for bites, ignore the poor soul

If he was a knob that just turned up when Forest were doing well then I'd agree, but he has been on this forum for as long as I can remember and has always been respectful. 

A bit of banter with the local rivals is a good thing.