New Kits 22-23 Season

SparxTheRam

4 hours ago, angieram said:

I like all three kits, will probably but the away one. 

If they're available without the sponsor that will be even better!

However, I thought the reason we had a choice last year was because of the gambling connection. Not sure we'd have quite the same argument for having a moral  aversion to Rolls Royce, Clowes Developments or Toyota, for example.

That's a very good point (about the gambling thing) and one I had either not considered or I'd simply forgotten about it!  I'm banking on a no sponsor option again, then my order will defo be in for the black/green shirt.  If sponsors are compulsory, it will need to look exceedingly classy and/or discreet for me to buy. 

...The latter obviously defeats the object of sponsorship/advertising, so I'm not really expecting discreet!  ?

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

That's a very good point (about the gambling thing) and one I had either not considered or I'd simply forgotten about it!  I'm banking on a no sponsor option again, then my order will defo be in for the black/green shirt.  If sponsors are compulsory, it will need to look exceedingly classy and/or discreet for me to buy. 

...The latter obviously defeats the object of sponsorship/advertising, so I'm not really expecting discreet!  ?

As long as a sponsor fits with the colour scheme I'm usually alright with it. Bombardier was a good one, simple black text. Just Eat was a bad one, a big red square slapped in the middle of the shirt? Nah, not for me.

I thought the home shirt looked classy yesterday. The stripes look fine with the black shorts - and no sponsor - ?.

RR wouldn't be sponsoring us for revenues, they'd be doing it for community kudos.

Anyway, our owner drives planes with their engines, so why not? Come on, RR, you know you want to! 

36 minutes ago, angieram said:

I thought the home shirt looked classy yesterday. The stripes look fine with the black shorts - and no sponsor - ?.

RR wouldn't be sponsoring us for revenues, they'd be doing it for community kudos.

Anyway, our owner drives planes with their engines, so why not? Come on, RR, you know you want to! 

This would be a little tricky, RR and RR, Aero Engines and German Cars, RR Germany bought the RR logo for £50m and built Rolls Royce cars, RR Derby kept the logo for it's engines.

Volkswagen who bought the rights to build RR cars, Can only name them as Bentleys.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I'm pretty sure the marketing wonks at RR really wouldn't want to connect the name with the third division

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Thought the new shirt looked awesome on the telly this morning. Much better that the press shots on Friday.