Nathan Byrne - Joined Charlotte FC

Rambalin

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Lots of posters still rattling on regarding TUPE. It’s getting boring as hell. Isn’t it more likely the case that Buchanan and Byrne are disputing that their contracts could be extended for a year at the option of the club, whilst the club was in administration. No other contracted player has tried to escape their contract, just the two who were subject to an option. Please, please, PLEASE, stop rattling on about TUPE until there are actually any facts out there to suggest this is a bloody TUPE matter.

angry kristen wiig GIF

TUPE.

TUPE.

TUPE.

TUPE.

All the players said they wanted to stay after relegation.

So Derby activated two extension clauses they had as soon as they were able to.

Players now go back on their original claims, go figure?

Nothing to do with being able to bag a bigger wage when moving on a free I assume?

Why tell the club you want to stay if you didn’t mean it?

You could point at Lawrence as saying the same, but let’s be fair, we couldn’t afford or probably even be allowed to offer what he’d have wanted.

I hope Buchanan has to take a drop in wages if his new club has to end up paying a transfer fee.

Edited by Boycie

33 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Why tell the club you want to stay if you didn’t mean it?

Safety net in case they can’t secure a move elsewhere. Cynical, and leaves a sour taste in the mouth given the bond between the fans and team last year.

Happy for both to leave, providing we get compensation. Failing that, hold the registrations and let them rot for a year. If we can.

3 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Lots of posters still rattling on regarding TUPE. It’s getting boring as hell. Isn’t it more likely the case that Buchanan and Byrne are disputing that their contracts could be extended for a year at the option of the club, whilst the club was in administration. No other contracted player has tried to escape their contract, just the two who were subject to an option. Please, please, PLEASE, stop rattling on about TUPE until there are actually any facts out there to suggest this is a bloody TUPE matter.

angry kristen wiig GIF

Yep ,why don’t they just accept nature and shave it all off

23 hours ago, i-Ram said:

angry kristen wiig GIF

Yeah, I think it's exactly this. I suspected at the time we were pushing to get administration sorted before the end of June to avoid this exact problem, but missed that deadline by a few days.

1 hour ago, Crazy said:

Yeah, I think it's exactly this. I suspected at the time we were pushing to get administration sorted before the end of June to avoid this exact problem, but missed that deadline by a few days.

The EFL specifically state "as of 21 May 2022" both Byrne and Buchanan were registered to us for another year.

2 hours ago, Crazy said:

Please, please, PLEASE, stop rattling on about TUPE until there are actually any facts out there to suggest this is a bloody TUPE matter.

Don’t know what their contractual justification is. But the fact there was a transfer of an undertaking suggests it might be a TUPE matter.
It also doesn’t seem terribly likely that the club’s right to exercise the option would be impacted by administration, particularly if the EFL registered it 

51 minutes ago, BriggRam said:

Shame it's gone this way, I think he has been brilliant for us from day 1.....going by some of the comments on here, he has got alot of work to do to win people over if he does stay

More than a lot of work - bloke's dead to me ?

4 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

I think Byrne is more reliable than Bogle and works harder. 

I get that but Bogle sometimes looked like the best player on the pitch when Mount, Wilson and Tomori were on the pitch.

Obviously not as consistent, hence it only being “sometimes” but if push came to shove, I’d take Bogle over Byrne. 

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

I get that but Bogle sometimes looked like the best player on the pitch when Mount, Wilson and Tomori were on the pitch.

Obviously not as consistent, hence it only being “sometimes” but if push came to shove, I’d take Bogle over Byrne. 

Fair enough. But worth noting that Byrne has a fabulous cross on him, with both feet. If we’d had Derek Dougan in the box two seasons ago he’d have been leading the league in assists