From being hard done by, to being despised?

With the news that CK's takeover is getting ever closer, how do you think we would be perceived by other clubs next season, especially if we avoid any further point deductions?

I'm sure I am not alone in thinking that the general perception of Derby County in other supporters eyes could shift quite dramatically.

This year I have sensed a general feeling of sympathy from other clubs supporters (aside from the obvious Forest and Leeds fans), especially those whose club have been through hard times of their own.

However, if the takeover does get over the line, if we start on a level playing field, and if we gel into a League One force, I do feel that we could be seen as having gotten rid of all of our (massive) debts, and got off lightly. Much of the sympathy for our plight this season may well start to wane.

There are previous examples, Leicester being the obvious one. They went into administration, came out of it in probably a much better financial position, then went on to achieve the impossible. A lot of fans despised Leicester for a long time, some still do.

Nobody knows what will happen next season, and I certainly would love an immediate bounce back to the Championship, but I do fear it would make us public enemy number one.

Many Derby fans won't care, but if we think we are going to have a clean slate, and continue to be many people'ssecond team, it might not be as plain sailing as we think.

Well I understood your post. 
Yes, it still rankles that Leicester went out of business and rose again having left businesses skint, but to me it was more that Lineker was involved and seemed to gloat. 
I don’t know if people will think that about Derby, it’s not something we could have done anything about as fans. Like some fans have felt dreadful for us and some have laughed, I suppose the reaction will be mixed. 

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

After re-reading this post I genuinely don't understand the point of it - seems to ramble and range across a wide span of topics and themes. 

Guess what I mean is be more concise then folks might be able to answer. 

I guess what I'm saying is next season, there is every chance we will be universally despised, with other clubs fans thinking we've got off lightly.

Just now, Addingham Ram said:

I guess what I'm saying is next season, there is every chance we will be universally despised, with other clubs fans thinking we've got off lightly.

What do you classify as getting off lightly?

You mention Leicester in your post to compare and contrast with us entering administration I assume but they weren't docked any points at all. 

24 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

With the news that CK's takeover is getting ever closer, how do you think we would be perceived by other clubs next season, especially if we avoid any further point deductions?

I'm sure I am not alone in thinking that the general perception of Derby County in other supporters eyes could shift quite dramatically.

This year I have sensed a general feeling of sympathy from other clubs supporters (aside from the obvious Forest and Leeds fans), especially those whose club have been through hard times of their own.

However, if the takeover does get over the line, if we start on a level playing field, and if we gel into a League One force, I do feel that we could be seen as having gotten rid of all of our (massive) debts, and got off lightly. Much of the sympathy for our plight this season may well start to wane.

There are previous examples, Leicester being the obvious one. They went into administration, came out of it in probably a much better financial position, then went on to achieve the impossible. A lot of fans despised Leicester for a long time, some still do.

Nobody knows what will happen next season, and I certainly would love an immediate bounce back to the Championship, but I do fear it would make us public enemy number one.

Many Derby fans won't care, but if we think we are going to have a clean slate, and continue to be many people'ssecond team, it might not be as plain sailing as we think.

The quality of people who openly despise us means it's of little relevance.  Lets hope they add Reading, Stoke, Boro with their tax bill, all those who write of massive sums with loss covering share issue and interchanging players between clubs for FFP purposes to the list .  Hope they all enjoy self flagellating themselves because it's all of them.  

Do we need to have a sign in or outside the ground listing everything thst has happened since we "got off easy" off the top of my head

1. Docked 21 points

2. Relegated

3. Transfer embargo for God knows how long

4. Limited wages allowed

5. No loans allowed

6. No contract renewals allowed

7. Sold shinnie for 30k

8. Sold multiple first team players for peanuts

9. Sold multiple youth team players for peanuts

10. Sold sell on options on youth players previously Sold for peanuts

11. Staff lost jobs

12. Coaching staff lost jobs

13. Recruitment team lost jobs

14. Regular staff lost jobs

This isn't a feel sorry for us, because it's our own fault. But to say we got off without punishment?

20 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

If you think we have had sympathy from other fans I presume you don’t go to away games, apart from Blackpool it was pretty toxic.

I get your post but tbh I don't care.  Leicester's situation was different to us too. We've had enough poo said about us to last a lifetime.  Water off a ram's back now. When we start in L1 we'll be the team they want to beat, not because we got off lightly or anything, but simply because we'll be one of, if not the biggest clubs in the league and probably be seen as most team's cup final, especially at PP where there'll likely be 20k plus fans. 

Got off lightly? Years of embargoes culminating in admin, points deductions, asset stripping, relegation and almost liquidation. 

Just think, if we hadn’t stayed up on the last day of last season, the club would have died IMO. 

4 minutes ago, KBB said:

Do we need to have a sign in or outside the ground listing everything thst has happened since we "got off easy" off the top of my head

1. Docked 21 points

2. Relegated

4. Limited wages allowed

5. No loans allowed

7. Sold shinnie for 30k

11. Staff lost jobs

This isn't a feel sorry for us, because it's our own fault. But to say we got off without punishment?

I'd add a 9a. Forced to accept buy outs of sell on clauses for at least 1/8th of the value they'd be worth in 2 years. 

6 minutes ago, KBB said:

1. Docked 21 points

2. Relegated

4. Limited wages allowed

5. No loans allowed

7. Sold shinnie for 30k

11. Staff lost jobs

Plus a £100,000 fine.

18 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

I really don’t think that will be the case personally. I’m not expecting or believe we’ll get the same level of respect and sympathy that we may have received this season but I don’t think they’ll forget that easily or quickly what we’ve been through. It will be, by and large, just the normal rivalry. If it isn’t, we’ll who cares anyway?

This ain't the end of the punishment. The 'business plan' will prevent any true investment in the squad. 

Apart from total annihilation/expulsion/liquidation/demolition of pride park you'll never get some fans of some clubs to believe we ever had any punishment.

At this point I'm not really sure what any further punishment really achieves apart from just pissing off Derby fans (unless collective fan punishment is what they're going for).

Everyone responsible has long gone.

Edited by alexxxxx