From being hard done by, to being despised?

Just now, SFox1993 said:

Most fans visiting PP have been idiots about the whole thing tbh and even going as far as wanting the club to die so they can have a party. I think we will prefer league 1 in that regard. Well untill our fans decide we are going to storm the league and other teams pick up on that and think we are entitled bamfords.

I think you’re reading too much into a bit of banter between fans and taking the songs too seriously and literally. I seriously doubt many fans actually wanted to see Derby fold and certainly weren’t planning any parties.

11 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I think you’re reading too much into a bit of banter between fans and taking the songs too seriously and literally. I seriously doubt many fans actually wanted to see Derby fold and certainly weren’t planning any parties.

Maybe they should remember that some football fans ONLY have their team and very little else. Im lucky that that isnt the case for me , but i can certainly see why it would distress others to hear such awful chants tbh.

In this world be more Blackpool.

14 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Of those that joined in singing it and laughing thinking they were so clever and funny,vast majority would not party of Derby actually died.

10 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

Maybe they should remember that some football fans ONLY have their team and very little else. Im lucky that that isnt the case for me , but i can certainly see why it would distress others to hear such awful chants tbh.

It's just a song though buddy and not meant to be taken seriously. Do you honestly think there would be parties up and down the country if we had gone into liquidation?

9 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

Made me smile this. Wish I could paste it on their board. 'In this world, be More Blackpool' feels like that should be on a T-shirt as a little joke/acknowledgement for those in the know?. Might also work for their tourist board !

Agree with other comments saying that I wouldn't wish what we've been through on anyone else. Obviously based on the attitudes of some teams fans I would enjoy watching them squirm in their boiling vat of hypocrisy for a bit with their sudden need for other clubs/EFL to understand that its not Forest/BristolCIty/Leeds fans fault that they are in this predicament.

That's why Blackpool was different. They just knew what we're going through. Be more Blackpool.... positivity message for the day ?

I've stopped caring what other fans perception of us are. There's probably dozens of clubs who could be in financial difficulties, if some of loopholes used by these clubs were closed by the ELF. 

Unfortunately Morris rubbed certain ELF officials and club chairmen the wrong way, with his views on how poorly the league was organized and run. So they shut down the loophole he was using, while ignoring all the other loopholes being used by various clubs.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

It may be that other clubs fans' forums aren't representative of the attitudes of the vaste majority of Championship clubs' fans, but even if you read those of a few of the clubs who have no traditional rivalry with us, you'll find a fairly large proportion that think we haven't been punished half-enough and, indeed, deserve to be put out of business. However, you'll struggle to find even a thread on the misdemenours in the past of the likes of Leicester, QPR and Bournemouth, who all achieved promotion whilst cheating FFP, and certainly no calls for them to be stripped of their ill-gotten gains, relegated and/or put out of business. Then again, other than the knee-jerk chanting on match days, I've yet to encounter an opposition fan in person who wanted us to 'die'.

It's weird, for sure.

24 minutes ago, Crewton said:

It may be that other clubs fans' forums aren't representative of the attitudes of the vaste majority of Championship clubs' fans, but even if you read those of a few of the clubs who have no traditional rivalry with us, you'll find a fairly large proportion that think we haven't been punished half-enough and, indeed, deserve to be put out of business. However, you'll struggle to find even a thread on the misdemenours in the past of the likes of Leicester, QPR and Bournemouth, who all achieved promotion whilst cheating FFP, and certainly no calls for them to be stripped of their ill-gotten gains, relegated and/or put out of business. Then again, other than the knee-jerk chanting on match days, I've yet to encounter an opposition fan in person who wanted us to 'die'.

It's weird, for sure.

Three things I'd say to that:

1) Give it a couple of years and we'll probably be relatively old news and therefore not mentioned so much like the clubs you have listed aren't. I suspect many fans don't remember or know what Leicester did.

2) In addition to the above, the misdemeanours committed by QPR and Bournemouth are not on the same scale as going into administration and failing to repay your creditors

3) I haven't scanned other clubs forums but it only takes a handful (maybe a dozen or so) like minded folk posting and agreeing with each other for it to look like a significant proportion. I honestly believe that if you asked a large number of fans from across the country  including those that post on forums, the overwhelming majority would want to see us punished but not put out of business (regardless of songs they may sing).

Proper football fans tend to like us, we are in the middle of the country so we are a good day out for most fans and we are a football city without too much arrogance seeping in (although like all fans we do get a little carried away from time to time). 

I tend to ignore all the fluff online really, the online forums or clubs that we think don’t like us also consider themselves a big fish in a small pond where I think a lot of it all stems from. A ‘punish Derby and that’s another team out of the way whilst we gain promotion by not worrying about our finances’ way of thinking.

Also there’s a smallish rise of younger football fans who I deem ‘posh lads’ who absolutely can’t face that their team can sometimes lose and need to show vitriol online because that’s a football fan means acting like a spoilt brat to them. I think both of these things make you think any sort of hatred is worse than what it actually is.

17 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

What do you classify as getting off lightly?

You mention Leicester in your post to compare and contrast with us entering administration I assume but they weren't docked any points at all. 

And that's the very reason that points deductions were introduced, to deter overspending. I was working in Leicester at the time, made my blood boil. They still owe the company that built their new stadium £6 million I believe.

Now there's a team that haven't been punished enough, in fact, haven't been punished at all.

51 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

2) In addition to the above, the misdemeanours committed by QPR and Bournemouth are not on the same scale as going into administration and failing to repay your creditors

That's subjective though - their cheating robbed other clubs of substantial sums and, in the case of Bournemouth, gave them the opportunity to earn them 5 seasons of PL booty, 2 seasons of Parachute Payments and the financial resources, if managed well. to be a yo-yo club at the very least for the rest of time.

None of us wanted DCFC to be in the position of not paying creditors in full, but we haven't had open-top bus tours glorying in it either.

36 minutes ago, Crewton said:

That's subjective though - their cheating robbed other clubs of substantial sums and, in the case of Bournemouth, gave them the opportunity to earn them 5 seasons of PL booty, 2 seasons of Parachute Payments and the financial resources, if managed well. to be a yo-yo club at the very least for the rest of time.

None of us wanted DCFC to be in the position of not paying creditors in full, but we haven't had open-top bus tours glorying in it either.

Maybe it is subjective but I would argue that to leave your creditors (including local small business and this forum I belief) 65% short of what they rightfully owed is more serious than gaining an unfair advantage on your rivals. As far as I’m aware no one has had to accept less than they were lawfully owed as a result of any club “cheating” and reaping the benefits of being in the premier league or becoming a yo yo club with the parachute payments that brings.

Neither is right but, in my opinion, is more serious than the other.

I'm fairly certain there will be another club, possibly many others, in the coming months into next season who will take the "media limelight" away from us.

Take your pick from any of the obvious candidates below based on the stories about their situations and potential financial implosions

Birmingham

Stoke

Bristol City

Boro

Burnley

9 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

It's just a song though buddy and not meant to be taken seriously. Do you honestly think there would be parties up and down the country if we had gone into liquidation?

From brizzle to boro.

On 17/05/2022 at 19:10, KBB said:

Do we need to have a sign in or outside the ground listing everything thst has happened since we "got off easy" off the top of my head

1. Docked 21 points

2. Relegated

3. Transfer embargo for God knows how long

4. Limited wages allowed

5. No loans allowed

6. No contract renewals allowed

7. Sold shinnie for 30k

8. Sold multiple first team players for peanuts

9. Sold multiple youth team players for peanuts

10. Sold sell on options on youth players previously Sold for peanuts

11. Staff lost jobs

12. Coaching staff lost jobs

13. Recruitment team lost jobs

14. Regular staff lost jobs

This isn't a feel sorry for us, because it's our own fault. But to say we got off without punishment?

This. To suggest we have got off lightly out of this is utterly ludicrous (though not as ludicrous as the use of the word "gotten"). Only Forest and Leeds fans would think it fair if we started next season with further sanction. 

10 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

I don't live in the Derby area but I have not yet had one conversation where any football fan has been anything other than hugely supportive of the situation that we find ourselves in. It's the game that is rotten, not our club.

Let's face it, of other clubs read our forum they would not form a typical view of our supporter demographic.

Quite the opposite, in my experience! ?

Certainly didnt get off lightly we even had to accept a certain points deduction as the EFL had cause to deduct more if we didnt .

Every big side that gets relegated is despised and we will be no different you have to hope we rise above all the media bull and have a good enough side to even compete at the top end of the league.

80% if not more will see Derby County away fixture as there Cup Final