From being hard done by, to being despised?

40 minutes ago, KBB said:

Do we need to have a sign in or outside the ground listing everything thst has happened since we "got off easy" off the top of my head

1. Docked 21 points

2. Relegated

3. Transfer embargo for God knows how long

4. Limited wages allowed

5. No loans allowed

6. No contract renewals allowed

7. Sold shinnie for 30k

8. Sold multiple first team players for peanuts

9. Sold multiple youth team players for peanuts

10. Sold sell on options on youth players previously Sold for peanuts

11. Staff lost jobs

12. Coaching staff lost jobs

13. Recruitment team lost jobs

14. Regular staff lost jobs

This isn't a feel sorry for us, because it's our own fault. But to say we got off without punishment?

And got fined 100k

Other fans may feel that we've got off lightly if we don't get another deduction, but it couldn't be further from the truth.

We've been sufficiently punished several times over and the EFL have got their way. Really, the points deduction has been the most lenient punishment. The destruction of our squad and the loss of players for free or minimal fees, when they'd otherwise make us a lot more, is going to have a lot more of a longer term impact on us.

I just don't care what other club fans think. We've been through the grinder for the past 2 years and yet Derby County Football Club lives on.

We have survived and will go on, possibly to better and higher things. Perhaps not this year, or next, but this could be the start of a beautiful renaissance.

Let the season begin!!!

Its a tough one. From a footballing perspective, and based on what we were actually found guilty of, the punishment massively outweighs the crime.

There may come a time when our position improves and a 9 point deduction for leaving the public purse £20m out of pocket appears a very small price to pay.

In an ideal world I'd like to think if we ever did reach the Premier League and benefit from the riches it brings, that everyone previously left out of pocket would be compensated, doubt that would ever happen though. 

1 hour ago, KBB said:

Do we need to have a sign in or outside the ground listing everything thst has happened since we "got off easy" off the top of my head

1. Docked 21 points

2. Relegated

3. Transfer embargo for God knows how long

4. Limited wages allowed

5. No loans allowed

6. No contract renewals allowed

7. Sold shinnie for 30k

8. Sold multiple first team players for peanuts

9. Sold multiple youth team players for peanuts

10. Sold sell on options on youth players previously Sold for peanuts

11. Staff lost jobs

12. Coaching staff lost jobs

13. Recruitment team lost jobs

14. Regular staff lost jobs

This isn't a feel sorry for us, because it's our own fault. But to say we got off without punishment?

What would be the point of such a “woe is me” display? It’s hardly likely to change any such views and why on earth should we care if fans of other clubs do think we got off lightly?

I never said we are getting off lightly, I said  that's what other fans may think.

Plus I deliberately didn't list all of the embargoes and penalties that we have faced, and the treatment dished out by the efl, as they are a given, but many opposition fans won't know all of the facts and won't want to know them.

Equally there may be other clubs that have been treated as harshly (in their opinion) that we don't even know about, simply because they aren't as high profile as we are.

I still think we are potentially in for a rough ride next year from other clubs' fans.

Plenty of you don't care I know.

We went down and we can't throw money around to get back up. Vast majority will think "they got theirs. done"

There'll be lingering resentments and "cheats" stuff follows us about for years. but until we're successful again, we won't get too much grief over it. if we take long enough over it, we might even get plaudits.

Yeah, it's difficult to care given the circumstances of the past couple of years. It still irks me that lifelong Derby County fans have died with this being their lasting impression of the club they would've supported their entire life. 

Mel Morris was the punishment. One of the worst owners any football club has ever had in the history of the sport in this country. 

Look at the state he found the club and look at the state he left it. He's set back the club at least a decade, if not more, and we will be seeing the ramifications of his ownership for the next 10 years - at the very least. 

Kids will grow up in this city and not want to support their local club, solely down to his custodianship of this club. It got so bad that he nearly left the club as nothing more than an memory and could've easily, and so very nearly, eradicated football from this city. We have no idea what the future holds even now. 

The punishment from the EFL will be minor to the lasting impression this last two years will be on the club, city and the supporters going forward. 

Any more punishment and we'd have folded -  that's not being overly dramatic that's just the truth of it. We were borderline saveable as it stood, never mind further sanctions. It looked for a long time that anyone who wanted to buy us would have to pay way more than the club was worth due to no ground and almost no residual value in the playing squad. That made us barely viable, arguably not viable.

We have been relegated with a threadbare squad stripped of key players by poaching and contract expiry. Contracts have run down because of the sanctions and our squad is worth very little because of this and we now have an EFL approved business plan to look forward to. There has been a steady exodus of players we are left with a handful of contracted senior players. The academy has been utterly plundered to the point where they are hopelessly outgunned with our teams largely playing the age bracket above. I'm not sure how much punishment some of these people feel is necessary for an accounting technique that was only found to be unacceptable after the fact. We've taken what was dished out and now want to move on but these obsessives can't seem to let go and want nothing less than extinction.

I'd love to see how committed to their principles they are if their team's very existence was at stake due to the actions of a former owner. I can just see them now "Oh, well fairs fair I suppose, the authorities have no option but drive my club out of existence because of that former owner, just as long as we're complying with rules".

2 minutes ago, Brammie Steve said:

Personally I would hate to think that any team may have to go through what the Rams have been subjected to in the last three years.

Especially when none of it is the fault of team, fans or management.

I wouldn't wish it on F****t, L***s or M******l even.

(cue for someone to post "I would!")

I would. Forest and the second team in Bristol will do

13 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Other team fans are as illogical about us as we are to them so who cares what they think!

This. If there's one thing that's become clear over the last few years it's how easily people follow the popular narrative without bothering to think for themselves. 12 months ago we were up there with Genghis Khan and Hitler in most people's books because that's what the media told them to think. I'm sure many of you have had the misfortune of engaging with fans of other teams on the topic only to discover how woefully misinformed they were on the charges against Derby and the reasons for the points deductions. Then a few more sympathetic articles were written about what a good job Rooney was doing under difficult circumstances and half the country wants us to stay up. It's all complete nonsense.

Most fans visiting PP have been idiots about the whole thing tbh and even going as far as wanting the club to die so they can have a party. I think we will prefer league 1 in that regard. Well untill our fans decide we are going to storm the league and other teams pick up on that and think we are entitled bamfords.