Stadium buy out

keithred

We cannot allow the take over of our club being stymied by the problem caused by the fact that Mel Morris still owns Pride Park.

What we need is a fans' buy out of the ground.   I suggest the following:

If enough fans are prepared to invest £1,000 each, I reckon we can easily reach an amount for the stadium which Mel will accept.  Those investors become shareholders of the ground.  A management committee is appointed with liaison with the new club board.  A regular lease is agreed and set up, giving the investors a return on their investment.   The terms of the lease give the club takes full responsibility for maintaining the stadium, including policing on match days, etc.

Can anyone see a problem with this scenario?  We need to get this moving asap.

5 minutes ago, keithred said:

We cannot allow the take over of our club being stymied by the problem caused by the fact that Mel Morris still owns Pride Park.

If enough fans are prepared to invest £1,000 each, I reckon we can easily reach an amount for the stadium which Mel will accept.  Those investors become shareholders of the ground.  A management committee is appointed with liaison with the new club board.  A regular lease is agreed and set up, giving the investors a return on their investment.   The terms of the lease give the club takes full responsibility for maintaining the stadium, including policing on match days, etc.

I see where the problem is

a) I’m not giving you a thousand pounds Keith

b) I don’t have a thousand pounds to throw away on a  ‘Nigerian Prince’ model. Have you seen the state of everything at the minute

c) I’m not giving you a thousands pounds Keith

Edited by TuffLuff

6 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

I'd do it but this process needed to start 8 months ago with a figurehead like Gadsby behind it.

I'm not even sure enough Derby fans would trust Gadsby tbh.  If we genuinely wanted this to happen, the best route is probably the council buying the stadium, with the intention of them properly setting up some kind of charitable trust or something, that fans can buy into.  A rando on the internet (no offence, Keith), or even a private businessman, is not going to be able to convince enough people to part with enough money. At best, you're going to end up with the situation where  small number of people end up putting in the bulk of the money, and then you're forever arguing about who should have control over decision making etc.

I understand the cynicism and I agree that this should have happened months ago.

'Red' is the start of my surname.  Nothing sinister there.

I don't want anyone to give me £1,000.  We need someone like a Derby solicitor to set up an organisation that can deal with the investments.

It's a hard time to ask for money, I accept, but something's got to happen in order to break this logjam.

5 minutes ago, keithred said:

I understand the cynicism and I agree that this should have happened months ago.

'Red' is the start of my surname.  Nothing sinister there.

I don't want anyone to give me £1,000.  We need someone like a Derby solicitor to set up an organisation that can deal with the investments.

It's a hard time to ask for money, I accept, but something's got to happen in order to break this logjam.

Well go and duck a duck, Harry Rednapp, Big mates with MM, Cooked a plan over a glass of whine on his Sandbanks veranda. 

I'M OOOOOT!

1 hour ago, keithred said:

I don't think Mel wants to sell the stadium.

Maybe he has decided to lease it out, taking a bit of profit each time and then sell it for much more than the rumoured 20 million at a later date.

I've been told by more than 1 person (who probably read it on Twitter) that Mel Morris is refusing to play ball with CK and he wants Mike Ashley to buy both club and stadium. No idea if that's true, but it wouldn't suprise me if, a bit like Gibson, this is a battle of egos and Mel is smarting because CK called him a "Duck Job" on Twitter.

Bird Attack GIF