Stadium buy out

keithred

1 hour ago, keithred said:

I understand the cynicism and I agree that this should have happened months ago.

'Red' is the start of my surname.  Nothing sinister there.

I don't want anyone to give me £1,000.  We need someone like a Derby solicitor to set up an organisation that can deal with the investments.

It's a hard time to ask for money, I accept, but something's got to happen in order to break this logjam.

Perhaps we could ask Geldarts LLP. No, scrub that, we owe them a quarter million.

Its a nice thought Keith, but no thanks. I know this forum is only a microcosm of the Rams fanbase, but whilst having a 1/20,000th share of PP would be nice, can you imagine if the management executive quorum was:

@B4ev6is

@RoyMac5

@Curtains

@kevinhectoring

@one_chop

image.png.c00657bbb943e0fb7d710211bb4dc619.png

Personally, I think that the thread raises an interesting point! What is Derby County worth to each fan?

I think it's worth more than £1,000 to me.

If it were a choice between finding £1k, or losing the club, then I think that I'd sell some stuff and raise £1k.

It's hard to put a value on the club, but considering all of the rubbish that I buy, and the money that I waste, the value to me of Derby County is probably quite high!

PS. Maybe, the average value to most people is given by the cost of a season ticket; i.e. how much they're prepared to pay each year.

5 hours ago, keithred said:

We cannot allow the take over of our club being stymied by the problem caused by the fact that Mel Morris still owns Pride Park.

What we need is a fans' buy out of the ground.   I suggest the following:

If enough fans are prepared to invest £1,000 each, I reckon we can easily reach an amount for the stadium which Mel will accept.  Those investors become shareholders of the ground.  A management committee is appointed with liaison with the new club board.  A regular lease is agreed and set up, giving the investors a return on their investment.   The terms of the lease give the club takes full responsibility for maintaining the stadium, including policing on match days, etc.

Can anyone seea problem with this scenario?  We need to get this moving asap.

Great Idea given that it could push a deal through.

1 Whether we like it or not the club owners need a share in the club.  50/50 seems right. 

2 The stadium may not be worth the money paid.   The preferred bidder clearly has an idea of what it is worth and may have to raise it under conditions of sale.

3  Not forgetting that the big boys take all the risk and rewards.  Any investor would do so on the basis of all investments.  If you can't afford to lose it the don't invest.

18 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

Personally, I think that the thread raises an interesting point! What is Derby County worth to each fan?

I think it's worth more than £1,000 to me.

If it were a choice between finding £1k, or losing the club, then I think that I'd sell some stuff and raise £1k.

It's hard to put a value on the club, but considering all of the rubbish that I buy, and the money that I waste, the value to me of Derby County is probably quite high!

PS. Maybe, the average value to most people is given by the cost of a season ticket; i.e. how much they're prepared to pay each year.

I don't think it's as simple as that. How much each fan would be prepared to pay is more defined by how much they can afford to pay. Any millionaires on here could easily afford a few hundred pounds but that doesn't mean the club is worth more to them than it is to us mere mortals. 

5 hours ago, keithred said:

I understand the cynicism and I agree that this should have happened months ago.

'Red' is the start of my surname.  Nothing sinister there.

I don't want anyone to give me £1,000.  We need someone like a Derby solicitor to set up an organisation that can deal with the investments.

It's a hard time to ask for money, I accept, but something's got to happen in order to break this logjam.

1.  There's still time.

2.  You need to change your surname by deed poll.

3.  Have you any idea just how busy we Derby solicitors are?  Ye Gads, man!  But go on then... just this once...  you can all send me your money.  PM me for bank details.

4.  Sorry to hear about your logjam.  Good luck with that.  

6 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I don't think it's as simple as that. How much each fan would be prepared to pay is more defined by how much they can afford to pay. Any millionaires on here could easily afford a few hundred pounds but that doesn't mean the club is worth more to them than it is to us mere mortals. 

I agree with you, it depends upon everyone's individual circumstances.

Is Derby County more important to some people than their car, for example. Or worth more than a week's holiday. Or worth more than a monthly takeaway.

For me, I'd claim that the club is of greater value than my old second hand car. But would I really sell my car, if it would save the club? I'm not sure!

I'm currently unemployed, but I think that I would find £1k if it meant saving the club - and if the club would die without it - because I think that the club's worth more than £1k to me - but that doesn't mean everyone could do that.

On 06/05/2022 at 09:15, duncanjwitham said:

Your first problem is that you need to find about 20,000 Derby fans, with £1k spare, during the biggest financial squeeze in recent memory.

Who knows, you might need more. No one knows how much Mel is asking for.

On 06/05/2022 at 12:19, Dan_Ram said:

Could stick it on my Amex... although i think the limit is 17.5k so might need to give them a quick call to up it.

Mel might have entertained the idea of taking money off the fake sheik and the fella who put pictures up of someone else’s house. But even he wouldn’t accept Amex ??