Highlight of the Season

SamUltraRam

Despite what has ultimately been a disastrous season, we all know that there have been many highlights

There are obvious ones, but for me 

• the 1st home win of the season against Stoke City back in September. Mel had just put us into administration & the fans who were hurting, took us to a new level with our support - we have maintained those levels of support ever since
  • Reading away - 2-0 down & 5 minutes to go & my mate wanted to leave so we could beat the traffic. No, I said, we'll score 3 goals - nearly right

So what's your highlight of the season ? Whether it be a moment, a whole match, a player or something more general

Was just thinking about this. What a season.

Bielik’s goal was special - the emotion of the day, the tosspots in the away end, the lateness of the goal. What a celebration that was.

Lawrence’s goals against Sheff Utd on another difficult day - sheer class.

The atmosphere at the Fulham game. Defiance, belief.

Sibley’s late winner against P’Boro.

Fozzy wiping the ball on the towel was class.

I have enjoyed this season more than any in a very long time. The fans, players and management have been superb. A proper bond that will be difficult to maintain or replicate but hopefully we will. I love this football club.

I'm pretty sure there'll be a special moment or two next Saturday to throw into the mix as well.

For me, currently it has to be Bielik's equaliser vs Brum. Absolute scenes all round when that went in. If he isn't here next season, he will always be remembered for that goal. No other moment could have better summed up the 'Fight to the end' spirit.

9 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

I'm pretty sure there'll be a special moment or two next Saturday to throw into the mix as well.

25,000 sombreros all being thrown simultaneously skywards, as a final hoorah to The Champions... with a little bit of one last "Duck You" to The EFL thrown in for good measure!

? 

What a bonkers season we’ve just had, but so many great memories. We were on a big family break in September in Bournemouth when we had the administration news and we’re devastated.  Saturday afternoon a group of us were on the beach watching the scores come in then  seeing that we’d beat Stoke  we all were cheering like mad, everyone around us staring at us like we were nuts! 
Beating Bournemouth, great match, Bieliks goal shutting up the brummies, Curtis rising up for the Reading goal, Curtis just being Curtis, Sibleys late winner , Ravel finding a home, all the youngsters who have stepped up and became men. 
Beating Fulham, incredible atmosphere, the March before the Birmingham game, the team and fans camaraderie, Rooneys pride and dignity despite everything that’s been chucked at him, and finally Blackpool away, what an emotional final away day in this league for a short while, I’ll never forget it. 
Let’s make it one more good one on Saturday and end on a high! 

Already said the march but the support at Blackpool was incredible. The turn out at Moor Farm when the players returned from QPR after relegation was confirmed. The campaigning including the petition.

It all says the highlight has been the support for this historic, magnificent, glorious football club. Outstanding.

But Rooney, the staff and the players in the face of everything have been immense.

There isn't one highlight. As @eccles the ram said earlier in this thread, the whole season has been a highlight.

Edited by IslandExile

1 hour ago, RIMBAUD said:

Bieliks goal v brum.

Yep.

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Coming around the corner at The Cockpitt, or whatever that junction is called nowadays, and looking up over the flyover...

IMG_1203.thumb.jpeg.de6cbb49353b7b6c3db44fd5a841b3dc.jpeg

Brought a tear to my eye.
No photo will ever give justice to that mental image I have etched on the top shelf of my memory bank.
  ?

And this, had a tear in my eye seeing people assembling in the market place but ended up quite near the back so turning on to Pride Parkway was something I will never forget.