The Doomsday scenario - or - Frank does us over again

IslandExile

Wayne has done a good job this season with all the problems he and the squad have had to endure. It’s a miracle we got to three or four games left before we were formally relegated.

However, let’s not kid ourselves that he is the only manager who could do a job for us next season. We’re effectively starting from a clean slate and, even in our position, I think there’d still a be a queue of decent experienced managers who would want to take us on.

More than happy for Wayne to stay. But, if he does go, I hope it’s early on and he doesn’t do a Frank and mess us about, particularly with all the new players we’ll need to bring in.  New manager needs to come up with his list of frees and cheap signings that can make a competitive team.

I wouldn’t blame him if he did leave too. Everton in the Championship would be almost as an attractive proposition as The Rams in League 1 (?). 

19 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I don't want to be facetious...but it did, Spending time in the Med with his family and friends for weeks while we were wondering what his next move was, This greatly hampered MM in hiring Philip Cocu in time, He can do one as far as I'm concerned, It's only his boyish looks and being able to converse into a camera lens that has got him into management...yep I do not like him ? 

I also think is no accident that Jodi Morris is not at Everton with him when you look at results. They are either a good team or I think Jodi is the one who does all work with Frank the poster boy. Also liked how Jodi continued to comment/like on Derby stuff plus his 5 a side team but Frank didnt seem to give a you know what

Doomsday; Wayne Rooney leaving ?

Come on, he’s done a pretty good job holding everything together, and I will always admire and be appreciative of him for that, but really has he actually proven anything yet?  We don’t even know if he is as good as Lampard, and let’s face it that fraud hasn’t done much to merit his elevated managerial status. The truth could well be that both Rosenior and Morris (Jody) are better than them. Time will tell. The safer bet  is someone like Nigel Adkins or Gareth Ainsworth who play decent football, and have some knowledge of what might be needed to get ourselves out of the lower leagues.

15 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Doomsday; Wayne Rooney leaving ?

Come on, he’s done a pretty good job holding everything together, and I will always admire and be appreciative of him for that, but really has he actually proven anything yet?  We don’t even know if he is as good as Lampard, and let’s face it that fraud hasn’t done much to merit his elevated managerial status. The truth could well be that both Rosenior and Morris (Jody) are better than them. Time will tell. The safer bet  is someone like Nigel Adkins or Gareth Ainsworth who play decent football, and have some knowledge of what might be needed to get ourselves out of the lower leagues.

Have you seen Wycombe play?

If you take everything Rooney's said then even if offered again now, I'm not sure he'd go as he seemed set on taking us forward for at least another year, not least getting more managerial experience.  IF the CK deal doesn't go through though, and say Ashley steps in, then it could be a different result as Rooney and CK seem to genuinely like each other, sharing the same vision .  Not sure the same would be said of a relationship with Ashley and if offered in that situation I suspect he may go. 

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Have you read this - or any other - Internet forum?

The whole point of them is to fill our empty lives with idle chat, wild speculation and provocative ideas.

You grip whatever you like. I am merely passing the time of day with thoughts of what might happen. Good day to you.

good-day-fez.gif

1 hour ago, Ramifications said:

I was speaking to an Everton fan earlier today about Rooney. He told me, "No, we don't want him. He's just got a club of Derby's stature, relegated." 

I agree Everton shouldn’t really want him as he’s unproven but to say “he’s just got a club of Derby’s stature, relegated” suggests the person knows next to nothing about our circumstances.

4 hours ago, IslandExile said:

There are bad things beneath the surface at Everton - some decent managers have failed to turn it around.

It looks like Frank is also going to be unable to turn the stricken tanker and keep it off the rocks.

I love what Rooney is saying about staying with us in order to rebuild the club. However, he has also said that he now feels ready to manage in the Premier League (the lad does not lack confidence).

I cannot really imagine Rooney turning Everton down for a second time. This time it would not be the "beauty pageant" as he called it last time when he didn't fancy being interviewed for the post - it will be a straightforward job offer.

And, whatever the squad say about wanting to stay, the takeover will not happen soon enough to keep the vulture agents from the door. Heads will be turned, contracts with other clubs signed and our squad decimated. The rebuilding process - for Rooney or anyone - will be a long one.

It gets worse. If Rooney is tempted to Merseyside, will CK follow through with his acquisition?  He has openly said that Rooney is a big part of the attraction. The presence of Rooney's agent (spelling: Strefford?) as part of the "gang of three" (along with CK and Cook) suggests the connection between CK and Rooney may be stronger than seen publicly.

So, if Rooney goes and CK does pull out, then it clears the way for the opportunistic Ashley to make a late, low ball bid.

Obviously that's better than liquidation. But I would feel a lot less enthusiastic about the future than I would be under a CK/Rooney leadership.

Let's hope it doesn't happen.

Come on Frank - save Everton and your job.

CK, get the deal done.

Players stick around and learn under Rooney.

Rooney deliver us from the bad times.

COYR ?

How do you know that IF they go down and IF they sack Lampard, they will turn to another young, inexperienced English manager in Wayne Rooney?

I wouldn’t say the minute hand on the doomsday clock has moved too much in our favour despite CK’s movement.  

The spectrum on how next season could go is the fullest of any clubs in any of the top 4 divisions. 

Liquidation >>>>>>>>>>>>promotion 

An interesting few months ahead.

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

How do you know that IF they go down and IF they sack Lampard, they will turn to another young, inexperienced English manager in Wayne Rooney?

I don't know that. Purely speculation on my part. Just outlining a possible - and plausible - series of events that could lead to CK withdrawing his bid to purchase the club.

But, anyhow, I refer you to an answer I gave earlier.

3 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Have you read this - or any other - Internet forum?

The whole point of them is to fill our empty lives with idle chat, wild speculation and provocative ideas.

You grip whatever you like. I am merely passing the time of day with thoughts of what might happen. Good day to you.