The Doomsday scenario - or - Frank does us over again

IslandExile

6 hours ago, IslandExile said:

There are bad things beneath the surface at Everton - some decent managers have failed to turn it around.

It looks like Frank is also going to be unable to turn the stricken tanker and keep it off the rocks.

I love what Rooney is saying about staying with us in order to rebuild the club. However, he has also said that he now feels ready to manage in the Premier League (the lad does not lack confidence).

I cannot really imagine Rooney turning Everton down for a second time. This time it would not be the "beauty pageant" as he called it last time when he didn't fancy being interviewed for the post - it will be a straightforward job offer.

And, whatever the squad say about wanting to stay, the takeover will not happen soon enough to keep the vulture agents from the door. Heads will be turned, contracts with other clubs signed and our squad decimated. The rebuilding process - for Rooney or anyone - will be a long one.

It gets worse. If Rooney is tempted to Merseyside, will CK follow through with his acquisition?  He has openly said that Rooney is a big part of the attraction. The presence of Rooney's agent (spelling: Strefford?) as part of the "gang of three" (along with CK and Cook) suggests the connection between CK and Rooney may be stronger than seen publicly.

So, if Rooney goes and CK does pull out, then it clears the way for the opportunistic Ashley to make a late, low ball bid.

Obviously that's better than liquidation. But I would feel a lot less enthusiastic about the future than I would be under a CK/Rooney leadership.

Let's hope it doesn't happen.

Come on Frank - save Everton and your job.

CK, get the deal done.

Players stick around and learn under Rooney.

Rooney deliver us from the bad times.

COYR ?

Stretford worked with CK on his Preston bid so has clearly got close to him. Stretford will doubtless have a financial interest in the CK takeover (and maybe also in Rooney staying with us?). I’d think Rooney is very strongly influenced by Stretford and perhaps Stretford will persuade him that now is not the time to take on Everton. If Rooney fails at a big club he might not get another job quickly and Stretford must be keen on the Derby deal going ahead

Is a CK, Stretford, Rooney combo what we want? No idea. 

If Rooney bails, and CK walks, is Ashley still interested? He may be a less messy option. But as costs and interest mount we must be running out of time to change horses 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Bedwetting now at the thought of Rooney leaving us for another club.

Why don't we just accept that there are better managers out there rather than focus on some potential catastrophe of biblical proportions. 

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

No the "doomsday" that I was referring to was that Rooney leaving may lead to CK pulling his bid.

That could then lead to liquidation or a last gasp bid from Ashley.

Sorry, I did not make it clear enough in my original post.

I was wetting my bed about a possible series of events that could lead to CK withdrawing his bid to purchase the club.

That could lead to liquidation.

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Sorry, I did not make it clear enough in my original post.

I was wetting my bed about a possible series of events that could lead to CK withdrawing his bid to purchase the club.

That could lead to liquidation.

It wasn't directed at yourself as it seems a number of posters haven't read your original premise properly or just chose to ignore it and replied as though it was just Rooney leaving which was the issue. 

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

I don't know that. Purely speculation on my part. Just outlining a possible - and plausible - series of events that could lead to CK withdrawing his bid to purchase the club.

But, anyhow, I refer you to an answer I gave earlier.

I'm well aware that the purpose of the forum is to share ideas and opinions with fellow Derby fans. But personally I think this is something that is not worth speculating on. I think its over-suspicious, slightly irrational and worrying about something that just isn't there.

31 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I'm well aware that the purpose of the forum is to share ideas and opinions with fellow Derby fans. But personally I think this is something that is not worth speculating on. I think its over-suspicious, slightly irrational and worrying about something that just isn't there.

Err, ok

Edited by IslandExile

5 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I don't want to be facetious...but it did, Spending time in the Med with his family and friends for weeks while we were wondering what his next move was, This greatly hampered MM in hiring Philip Cocu in time, He can do one as far as I'm concerned, It's only his boyish looks and being able to converse into a camera lens that has got him into management...yep I do not like him ? 

Agree, bit like the maclaren fiasco will he, won't he.

We know Ashley has the money. We know Ashley wouldn't want to waste time in League One, but wants to compete with the big boys in the Premier League. We know Ashley has gained a lot of experience of running a football club, after a very bad start.

I would take Ashley over Kirchner (who we really don't know if he's got the money) every time.

11 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

If Everton come calling next season he'll go. I don't blame him but i can't see him turning down his boyhood club for a second time. Everton would steamroller the championship and it would give him time to polish the squad up for the premiership. 

Yes I tend agree, the mess at DCFC will probably not be resolved in time to have a competitive crack at L1, so when a club like Everton comes in, Rooney will take it.  

9 hours ago, Needlesh said:

Let's look on the bright side.

Burnley continue their upturn in form. Everton, spurred by the sense of injustice and urgency of their situation, finallally get it sorted and string a few wins together.

This leaves leeds. Losing a narrow one at Palace tonight, followed by Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea, they fall away to complete a final day humiliation at Brentford and relegation. Nice.

Busy singing songs about Derby tonight and our relegation.  They may need to consider their own issues after the next round of games. 

in-your-head-dolores-oriordan.gif

On 25/04/2022 at 13:00, Anon said:

Yes, Everton may well be in a real mess if they go down, but I think we may currently be in the biggest glass house in the history of the world if we think the perilous financial state of another employer would stop Rooney leaving.

It will be admirable if Rooney does choose to stay on here, but league 1 will be a slog for us initially. If I were his agent, I'd be pleading for him to take any port in a storm. His stock is high right now, but football is extremely fickle. A poor start in league 1 would negatively effect his job prospects.

Rooney has impressed me very much with his attitude,I reckon he has the savvy to see that unlike playing being a manager has a much longer potential window ( unlike frank ) ,he seems in no mad rush to run before he can walk ,he could easily commit 3 to 4 years at a club like derby achieve cult status and respect in the game and the bigger jobs will be there for him still waiting because of his name unlike frank who jumped for the bigger jobs way way way before he was ready or learnt enough about himself as a manager and he has been found wanting ,

if Rooney left tomorrow he would leave with my thanks and respect for how he has conducted his self as manager through all this , personally I now hope he stays as I believe he has what it takes to become a very good manager for us and his name on top of that will go a long way to keeping our club in the limelight and able to get players we might not without him

Edited by Archied

On 25/04/2022 at 13:46, Unlucky Alf said:

I don't want to be facetious...but it did, Spending time in the Med with his family and friends for weeks while we were wondering what his next move was, This greatly hampered MM in hiring Philip Cocu in time, He can do one as far as I'm concerned, It's only his boyish looks and being able to converse into a camera lens that has got him into management...yep I do not like him ? 

Getting thinner on top by the game , if he lasts the season he’s gonna look like a newborn Benjamin button 

On 25/04/2022 at 13:53, Needlesh said:

Let's look on the bright side.

Burnley continue their upturn in form. Everton, spurred by the sense of injustice and urgency of their situation, finallally get it sorted and string a few wins together.

This leaves leeds. Losing a narrow one at Palace tonight, followed by Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea, they fall away to complete a final day humiliation at Brentford and relegation. Nice.

Well, I'm not saying this is happening, but...