The Doomsday scenario - or - Frank does us over again

IslandExile

There are bad things beneath the surface at Everton - some decent managers have failed to turn it around.

It looks like Frank is also going to be unable to turn the stricken tanker and keep it off the rocks.

I love what Rooney is saying about staying with us in order to rebuild the club. However, he has also said that he now feels ready to manage in the Premier League (the lad does not lack confidence).

I cannot really imagine Rooney turning Everton down for a second time. This time it would not be the "beauty pageant" as he called it last time when he didn't fancy being interviewed for the post - it will be a straightforward job offer.

And, whatever the squad say about wanting to stay, the takeover will not happen soon enough to keep the vulture agents from the door. Heads will be turned, contracts with other clubs signed and our squad decimated. The rebuilding process - for Rooney or anyone - will be a long one.

It gets worse. If Rooney is tempted to Merseyside, will CK follow through with his acquisition?  He has openly said that Rooney is a big part of the attraction. The presence of Rooney's agent (spelling: Strefford?) as part of the "gang of three" (along with CK and Cook) suggests the connection between CK and Rooney may be stronger than seen publicly.

So, if Rooney goes and CK does pull out, then it clears the way for the opportunistic Ashley to make a late, low ball bid.

Obviously that's better than liquidation. But I would feel a lot less enthusiastic about the future than I would be under a CK/Rooney leadership.

Let's hope it doesn't happen.

Come on Frank - save Everton and your job.

CK, get the deal done.

Players stick around and learn under Rooney.

Rooney deliver us from the bad times.

COYR ?

Everton aren't in "good" condition should they be relegated.  One of the highest spenders in Europe with nothing to show for it, players they'll "struggle" to offload, big "debts" and commitment to building a new stadium.

Don't think Rooney would be "offered" the same wages as we're paying and the Everton job would "be" a poisoned chalice.

Edited by Naughty James

2 minutes ago, Naughty James said:

Everton aren't in "good" condition should they be relegated.  One of the highest spenders in Europe with nothing to show for it, players they'll "struggle" to offload, big "debts" and commitment to building a new stadium.

Don't think Rooney would be "offered" the same wages as we're paying and the Everton job would "be" a poisoned chalice.

Don't discount the fact that their owner is a complete idiot.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

14 minutes ago, Naughty James said:

I "agree"

If Everton come calling next season he'll go. I don't blame him but i can't see him turning down his boyhood club for a second time. Everton would steamroller the championship and it would give him time to polish the squad up for the premiership. 

Everton are relegated ?‍♀️, Do they stick with FL or move for WR, Isn't football a theatre full of drama and romance.

What credentials has WR got, Got a shed load of players and turned them into a band of Brothers, Given our youth an opportunity(not much option tho aye)shown the door to those who don't like or have a poor attitude...Holmes and Ebosele, Not afraid to call a spade a spade, All in all I think WR has done a tremendous job at DCFC.

Everton are a real basket case, Yes WR is an Everton boy, Then again FL was a Chelsea man, That worked out well didn't it, Have the Everton players given up?, Are some looking to next season at pastures new, Evertons debt makes DCFCs debt look tiny, Dele Ali could eventually cost the toffees £40 million, But what's in his contract? a sell me clause if Everton are relegated?, New stadium, Players jumping ship, Loss of £150 million plus if relegated...my that's some task for the next Manager even if they stay up I can see FL out of work again. 

If he goes he goes. He’s been in the trenches with the players and fans this year but he owes us nothing.

If the noises about him building something at Derby with what seems like a consensus with CK are true then great but we don’t know how big the pull for Everton is. 

I can see Frank getting sacked before the end of the season in a desperate bid by the owner to save them. Burnley have just done it. 
Frank is a good time guy. He’s great when things are great but when Mount got injured and we lost form Frank didn’t respond well to criticism at that time. Fortunately Mount came back and we managed to get to Wembley.

But would Rooney go there. It seems he’ll have a lot of clout here a lot more autonomy than perhaps at Everton and we won’t be on his back if we don’t bounce straight back up. 

I think he’ll stay.

28 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Don't discount the fact that their owner is a complete idiot.

I think we'll have to hope Everton realise that appointing a relatively inexperienced manager (Rooney has never managed Premier League players and their egos. His relative success has been built on a team of academy graduates and freebies) was a mistake. But, as you say, their owner is an idiot.

If I was an Everton supporter I probably wouldn't want Rooney as manager just yet.

If Everton are relegated they come down with the largest wage bill in the history of football, eight players on over £100k a week and a total in excess of £100m – if these sports' wage sites are somewhat credible. They would be the only club never to be totally covered by Parachute Money. 

Personally, I can't see what benefit it would be if Wayne took over now. Most of their best players would be sold off, those left are not Championship material. A few years down the line, yes, but now after 118 seasons in the top division I can only see a Sunderland in them.

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I think we'll have to hope Everton realise that appointing a relatively inexperienced manager (Rooney has never managed Premier League players and their egos. His relative success has been built on a team of academy graduates and freebies) was a mistake. But, as you say, their owner is an idiot.

If I was an Everton supporter I probably wouldn't want Rooney as manager just yet.

Would you be happy losing Rooney to them if we got "Lampard" back?

Wayne has plenty of time on his side to step up and manage Everton and Man U, look at how early Frank went to Chelsea which could be his only chance there.

Moshiri is the major problem at Everton listening to their fans and I can’t see Wayne wanting to get involved with that at the moment.

As long as CK honours any guarantees given to Rooney then I think he’ll stay for a while yet. 

Just now, Seth's left foot said:

The next two weeks are key, Burnley have a couple of favourable games coming up.

if Everton can take what they did most of yesterday into remaining games, they'll be fine. I actually thought they were better team until Liverpool scored. Caused a few issues but just seemed to lack a clinical finish. They should do better against lesser opposition. The trick is raising their game against lesser opponents.

The problem is, that should Everton go down and Frank leaves, Rooney will be a prime candidate for a number of reasons including his ‘fresh’ knowledge of the championship.

FWIW, I don’t think he would go there yet, unless they promised him a great amount of cash to spend. I suspect Rooney had a career trajectory plan in his head that at this moment will look more like Steven Gerrards…i.e. Derby to a well run solid top half premier league side (like a Villa) then,  if he does well, Man Utd.

If he did go to Everton, I’m not sure that I think premier league egos will be too much of an issue, given the fact he was a far better player than all of them there, and I suspect he’d win a ‘shows us yer medals’ challenge.

6 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

If Everton are relegated they come down with the largest wage bill in the history of football, eight players on over £100k a week and a total in excess of £100m – if these sports' wage sites are somewhat credible. They would be the only club never to be totally covered by Parachute Money. 

Personally, I can't see what benefit it would be if Wayne took over now. Most of their best players would be sold off, those left are not Championship material. A few years down the line, yes, but now after 118 seasons in the top division I can only see a Sunderland in them.

I think I read somewhere that they don't have any wage cut clauses in their players' contracts in case of relegation. That's a massive oversight, as pretty much every club that's gone down in recent years has had them.

The only doomsday scenario is cK goes the way of Erik Alonso and the club is liquidated.

Semi-doomsday is Ashley comes in immediately prior to liquidation.

Rooney leaving would be a negative but something that can be overcome.

I agree with those above - if Everton make a straightforward offer of "be our manager" he'll go. He wasn't prepared to interview amongst a field of candidates whilst burning his derby squad when they needed to believe in him.

11 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I think I read somewhere that they don't have any wage cut clauses in their players' contracts in case of relegation. That's a massive oversight, as pretty much every club that's gone down in recent years has had them.

Don't forget Everton are one of the big five that will never go down when they forced the premier league on everyone.  At least that's what they told everyone prior to Hans Segers in 97.  Bites you on the arse at some point