LG 1 appropriate transfer suggestions

BuckoBeast

On 22/08/2022 at 21:51, BramcoteRam84 said:

We’ve signed a player in James Collins who scored 25 goals for Luton last time he played in League 1, he then bagged 15 in the championship the following season. Had a bad time at Cardiff but several factors there namely the manager who brought him in they got rid of. Proven at this level and will get goals because he does the right things

Hope your prediction proves to be correct. 

Andre Wisdom, Martin Kelly, Cyrus Christie, Michael Hector, Nabby Sarr, Massimo Luongo, Dale Stephens, Danny Drinkwater, Izzy Brown, Scott Sinclair, Robert Snodgrass, Aaron Lennon, Adama Diakhaby, Marc McNulty, Adama Diomande, Andy Carroll, Oumar Niasse

All still free agents, would do a decent job at this level imo.

45 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Andre Wisdom, Martin Kelly, Cyrus Christie, Michael Hector, Nabby Sarr, Massimo Luongo, Dale Stephens, Danny Drinkwater, Izzy Brown, Scott Sinclair, Robert Snodgrass, Aaron Lennon, Adama Diakhaby, Marc McNulty, Adama Diomande, Andy Carroll, Oumar Niasse

Christie and Brown would both serve a purpose. 

Christie to be a solid right back at league 1 level and in Brown's case to have the ability to operate in all 3 of the attacking positions behind the striker. 

To throw my hat in to the ring in relation to potential targets i think we could do a lot worse than George Hirst on loan from Leicester. 

7 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Christie and Brown would both serve a purpose. 

Christie to be a solid right back at league 1 level and in Brown's case to have the ability to operate in all 3 of the attacking positions behind the striker. 

To throw my hat in to the ring in relation to potential targets i think we could do a lot worse than George Hirst on loan from Leicester. 

Daniel Jebbison would be decent on loan too

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Daniel Jebbison would be decent on loan too

That's a good shout, although I think he's in and around The Blades first team this season, so doubt they would loan him out.

@TomTom92also made a good suggestion for George Hirst.  

From the other list then it would have been Michael Hector but we are well covered in his position - nothing else really appeals.  Maybe Andy Carroll, if he would play for peanuts.  

Cheers

Gangway D from the terrace

3 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Niasse was released by Burton as not good enough so might remove him from that list ?

4 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Didn’t stand out at non league level in the SPL….can’t see him doing anything much for us ?

Agreed, he had a dreadful record in his three full seasons at Celtic;

16/17 - 25 goals and 10 assists in 50 games.

17/18 - 18 goals and 17 assists in 55 games.

18/19 - 17 goals and 6 assists in 55 games.

Overall - 60 goals and 33 assists in 160 games - 93 goal contribution in 3 seasons is dreadful. 

Would love Izzy brown; was fantastic at Huddersfield the year they got promoted had an awful time since I think.

The only bit I remember of him after Huddersfield is him taking the free kick against us in the last minute at Elland road in the PO semi final and thankfully skying it.