LG 1 appropriate transfer suggestions

BuckoBeast

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

Not a striker, and many sub appearances. 

Yes, he's more of a winger or "wide-forward", but a goal every 500 minutes of playing time still isn't particularly impressive, or even suggests he's made much of an impact when he's had his chance. There's always a chance of course that this loan spell will do for him what the loan at Lincoln did for Johnson, but he has something to prove I think. 

2 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Knight 2 year deal v v close, doesn’t want to leave and is 100% committed to the project LR has put forward to him. Bird in new contract talks too. Told he’s eager to stay too. Unsure how far along his talks are. Best news this window of it happens 

If keeping them pair meant we couldn’t sign anyone else I’d take it all day, then just hope everyone chips in with some goals! 

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

Mighten could do well at L1 level, but 4 goals in 56 appearances at Championship level isn't exactly setting my teeth on edge. That's half the strike rate of Jack Stretton who some posters want rid of.

It's more the fact he struggles to kick a ball that would put me off, I'm amazed he's got 4 goals in all honesty! 

He was put through one-on-one in one of our games and somehow managed to miss the goal by a good 5ft. Not saying he won't improve with game time, but I've been constantly staggered with just how poor he is when I've seen him. Theo Robinson-esque. 

I've got my fingers and toes crossed for some attacking players. I did want a right back, but I feel like Rosenior has struck gold with Knight in that position, especially given the way we play, because he's our biggest mismatch. He pops up in different pockets on the pitch and keeps us high up the pitch. I think we need some bodies for those front three positions - ideally a couple. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

It's more the fact he struggles to kick a ball that would put me off, I'm amazed he's got 4 goals in all honesty! 

He was put through one-on-one in one of our games and somehow managed to miss the goal by a good 5ft. Not saying he won't improve with game time, but I've been constantly staggered with just how poor he is when I've seen him. Theo Robinson-esque. 

I've got my fingers and toes crossed for some attacking players. I did want a right back, but I feel like Rosenior has struck gold with Knight in that position, especially given the way we play, because he's our biggest mismatch. He pops up in different pockets on the pitch and keeps us high up the pitch. I think we need some bodies for those front three positions - ideally a couple. 

I would say the flexibility of Knight (and Sibley) means we only need 1 more signing in the RB, RW, AM and LW positions. 
Sign a RB and Knight becomes an attacking option (RW/AM/LW).
Sign an AM, Knight stays at RB, Sibley plays on the wing.
Sign a winger, Knight stays at RB and Sibley stays at AM.

CF being the only other position we need to recruit for, with McGoldrick playing at AM/SS.

1 hour ago, EraniosSocks said:

Any incomings trav? 

I'm going for zero incomings.

Just the average transfer deadline day really.

If anything someone random like Cybulski will go out on loan and heads will be scratched as the striking department is further depleted.

(I have everything crossed this isn't close to be true).

5 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

What a signing this could be. Would rather have had him 5 years ago, but juke at League one could be brilliant. I’m sure he’s ineligible For 2 games though

No his ban ended last night against norwich

5 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

What a signing this could be. Would rather have had him 5 years ago, but juke at League one could be brilliant. I’m sure he’s ineligible For 2 games though

No his ban ended last night against norwich