LG 1 appropriate transfer suggestions

BuckoBeast

2 hours ago, alram said:

Has there been any proper rumours about outgoings? I haven’t seen anything concrete

No, but it seems to be apparent that Coventry have been interested in Sibley for a bit and there due to lose Hyam so will have funds and Burnley for Knight has been doing the rounds all summer.  Mike Ashley has been round at David Clowes house a few times .  That's concrete from a source I have who's very reliable .  Bit odd but there you go.  Additional investment maybe.  

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

No, but it seems to be apparent that Coventry have been interested in Sibley for a bit and there due to lose Hyam so will have funds and Burnley for Knight has been doing the rounds all summer.  Mike Ashley has been round at David Clowes house a few times .  That's concrete from a source I have who's very reliable .  Bit odd but there you go.  Additional investment maybe.  

Neathier are going derby come out and said  neathier are for sale.

14 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Laim has said could upto 4 new players coming it.

I take vryda back or chris martin back not played brsrotil city has he since signed new contract with then.

As already mentioned, Vydra is still injured, he also turned down a new offer from Championship Burnley as it wasn’t enough.

Martin will cost a fee I’d expect, we can’t pay fee’s I don’t think.  Plus we already have a Chris Martin type player in McGoldrick.

14 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

More concerned about outgoings.  Can see us losing a Knight or Sibley late on and a striker or right back of a 'certain value' being part of a deal .  We can't spend money but can probably do this if an offers good enough.  Be some old fart with 10 goals left in them whose 'averaged 20 goals a season over his career' but just 20 in the last 4 years.  You know it's coming. 

Unless I've misunderstood things, we have a wage cap and can't pay transfer or loan fees. The wage cap will be set to bring the club into profit on a conservative estimation of turnover. I doubt that estimation would have included the excellent attendances that we have had so far. It certainly won't have included a lucrative trip to Anfield. We absolutely must be running at a profit.

I believe that the business plan restrictions are set for at least this season and maybe even next. Therefore, whatever transfer fees we make won't actually help anything other than the balance sheet. We could get £20m for Knight and not be able to spend a penny of it - although Mr Clowes might get a well deserved dividend. The only way I can see us selling  any first team player is if they are desperate to leave - unless there's some sort of swap deal available (if that's even allowed).

8 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

In my opinion mighten is like a firework, impressive for a short time but fizzles out to nothing.

He is a good sub to have because he can be unplayable for 10 minutes but he generally does nothing after that initial burst.

Cooper won the World Cup with England U17, lets hope he is wrong about Mighten or our job just got a little bit harder.

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Shef We’d fans are ecstatic because Florists have just loaned Alex Mighten to them . A player Cooper thinks will go on to play in the Prem. We could really do with a striker pronto.

He's been round their first team for 3 years with various loans and out of position players taking his spot at championship level.  I think thats optimistic.  Bit of a road runner with little end product. Road runner might be enough in this league though. 

46 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He's been round their first team for 3 years with various loans and out of position players taking his spot at championship level.  I think thats optimistic.  Bit of a road runner with little end product. Road runner might be enough in this league though. 

He’s not been on loan before. Dobbin is settling in well now . A couple of more prem loanees please?

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

He’s not been on loan before. Dobbin is settling in well now . A couple of more prem loanees please?

I assume we weren't that interested in Cannon from Everton or  he'd be here as it benefits them playing together at one club. Unless a championship club are keen.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's Lyle Taylor.  Forest are desperate to get rid of a raft of players and it would suit him to come here and help us get promoted to annoy them.  Seems that type of shithousery would suit his personality.  Not sure he's the ideal character- the way he refused to play for Charlton when they had a chance of staying up was piss poor but based on our Byrne/Buchanan s*** show it may be coming the norm.