Public Apology Required

Abu Derby

Actions speak louder than words, an apology would mean nothing, what would it change? Would anyone forgive him or say “oh you know what, that’s OK Mel, don’t worry about it”.

Sort the stadium out, stop causing even more damage and suffering on the Club. That’s pretty much the only way he could even begin to apologise to us.

27 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Actions speak louder than words, an apology would mean nothing, what would it change? Would anyone forgive him or say “oh you know what, that’s OK Mel, don’t worry about it”.

Sort the stadium out, stop causing even more damage and suffering on the Club. That’s pretty much the only way he could even begin to apologise to us.

Yep that is the only way he should proceed. Give us the stadium back and just **** off. Never want to hear from him again but he must sort the stadium

1 hour ago, jono said:

I’d much rather a public apology from the EFL for their venal, self interested failure to run a fair competition. In addition For their complete and utter lack of  understanding of sportsmanship, ethics , even handed neutrality, integrity and common decency. 

Biggest thing for me about the EFL was their total lack of professionalism during the whole process. From their disgraceful statements saying they were "disappointed" that they're own appeal system had found in our favour.

Just think about that for one minute, a professional Trade body that was "disappointed" that one of its members was not punished enough under its own procedure.....all because Rick Parry was terrified of Steve Gibson threatening to sue the EFL if they didn't punish Derby enough.

I hope that if Parry or Gibson ever step foot in Derby they will be given the reception they truly deserve.

Not interested in an apology from Morris, just do the right thing with the stadium, thats all. 

2 hours ago, GboroRam said:

I think this calls for a new thread. 

I hope Mel... 

Puts the apology on the back of the cheque he's written to repair the damage he's caused.

Edited by Rev
Didn't see the separate thread.

Nothing Mel can say will repair his actions. He didn't need to put us into administration this season, but did, otherwise we could've just taken the -9 point deduction rather than 21 and strip assets on the way.

The bloke is rancid, all the way through to his core. Any apology is going to be forced with a touch of 'woe me' so he can write it and shove it up his arse for all I care. 

8 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Biggest thing for me about the EFL was their total lack of professionalism during the whole process. From their disgraceful statements saying they were "disappointed" that they're own appeal system had found in our favour.

Just think about that for one minute, a professional Trade body that was "disappointed" that one of its members was not punished enough under its own procedure.....all because Rick Parry was terrified of Steve Gibson threatening to sue the EFL if they didn't punish Derby enough.

I hope that if Parry or Gibson ever step foot in Derby they will be given the reception they truly deserve.

Not interested in an apology from Morris, just do the right thing with the stadium, thats all. 

Agree with this and @jono it’s time to move on from Mel, all he needs to do is sort the stadium out with Team Derby.

The EFL on the other hand will still be around, so too will no backbone Parry.......for now. As for Gibson, he might have his own problems soon enough; he’ll no doubt be exerting pressure on the spineless bankers in Preston to relent on FFP pretty soon, for it’s going to be interesting otherwise if Boro miss out this season.

Final word on Morris, he will likely go down as an even worse chairman than Maxwell, not because he’s like him in character, purely down to taking us even closer to the brink of existence due to his reckless judgement on transfers, managers, the EFL etc could go on but really, just plain let us live and go man.

8 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Final word on Morris, he will likely go down as an even worse chairman than Maxwell, not because he’s like him in character, purely down to taking us even closer to the brink of existence due to his reckless judgement on transfers, managers, the EFL etc could go on but really, just plain let us live and go man.

He's a far worse owner than Maxwell. 

Maxwell did actually save us, and when he got out he left us in good hands, and in a better position than he inherited us.

3 minutes ago, Rev said:

He's a far worse owner than Maxwell. 

Maxwell did actually save us, and when he got out he left us in good hands, and in a better position than he inherited us.

Its a bit like favouring Jimmy Saville over Harold Shipman tbh. If anything, Maxwell was worse than Morris in the fact that he was corrupt enough to cheat by selling players from one of his clubs to another club he owned at dodgy prices.

Luckily, the EFL would not allow such devious people to own different clubs in different leagues and to transfer players between those clubs to get round FFP rules nowadays.......

<cough> Gumps/Greece <cough>

4 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Its a bit like favouring Jimmy Saville over Harold Shipman tbh. If anything, Maxwell was worse than Morris in the fact that he was corrupt enough to cheat by selling players from one of his clubs to another club he owned at dodgy prices.

Luckily, the EFL would not allow such devious people to own different clubs in different leagues and to transfer players between those clubs to get round FFP rules nowadays.......

Not having it.

Who was worse, Maxwell or Morris?

Mel Morris will have to wake up every day for the rest of his life and this will be the first thing he will think off......I think that will be enough, what's done is done, we move on, hopefully United as fans and as the team we have moulded for ourselves this season........the 1 positive that has come from all this is the unity....let it continue ???

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

My feelings exactly .. It is the equivalent of a referee in a post match interview saying “It’s a pity they won, I tried my best, I gave them all the 50/50 free kicks against them and awarded that dodgy penalty”  …

And then knowing the same bloke is officiating in your next game

11 hours ago, Bald Eagle&#x27;s Barmy Army said:

Can we please stop talking about Mel and focus on the future. Luckily Mel will be nowhere near. 

The problem being he will always be “near “while he or his family own the stadium. Our association with Morris has been like treading in a pile of dog mess,you can clean it off but the stink lingers for much longer.One day hopefully ( eventually )we can put all this Morris crap behind us.

I don’t my blame Mel

disagree with his actions but don’t blame him.

he did what we all wanted, chased the premier league dream in the way he knew how, and we wanted. Pump in cash, throw money at it. 

what we didn’t want, or de enough of to keep him in check was

1) try to circumvent FFP

2) set us on a cliff edge where failure meant oblivion

it’s not our fault, we trusted a man who claimed to be on of our own, a supporter thick and thin. We trusted his business acumen - this is where as a group we fans ducked up. This is why

1) he made most of his money getting lucky and selling a company who created an app - nothing to do with his business know how

2) tolerated him entering the changing room to berate the team - Rooney mentioned this in passing in a recent interview and it’s cropped up in the past (Pearson I think leaving as manager)

3) his overt attempts to circumvent FFP

had Mel not been a “Fan” we would not have stood for these (and I think others will have more examples. We ignored red flags

no opology will be forthcoming - narcissists don’t say sorry 

10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

What is it about Fat Tankers and dodgy transfers? They just seem to go together.