QPR vs Derby County matchday thread, Monday 18th April, 3pm

Carl Sagan

26 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Anybody saying the away form killed us - you can’t expect that amount of youth to adapt to Championship football that quickly. Playing away is totally different to playing at home, especially with a thin bare squad. 

Rooney has done an unbelievable job and without his hands tied, I fully trust him to bring in players who will smash league one next season. 

No time for feeling down and deflated- it’s time to roll our sleeves up and prepare as a football club to come straight back up. 

Absolutely. Still 3 games to go…time to keep heads up. 

So, Lawrence sent off for two yellows after commiting only 2 fouls all game.

The first was a result of the ref not giving the foul against Ebiowei. Fair yellow though.

The second was Austin running I to Lawrence, Lawrence .asking no obvious movement to block him off. Not even a foul in my opinion. 

This is also after being the victim of two nasty challenges. One of which would have been a straight red if he was wearing a Derby shirt.

It took us two seasons last time we were in division 3 (now L1) under a very good manager in Arthur Cox whose player recruitment was excellent. This time the expectation already seems to be we will win promotion next season (even Neil Warnock has just said that on sky). I think we will be competitive next season  but the recruitment this time is perhaps even more difficult and critical than it was back then. I’ve seen a lot of L1 football this season and we will have to adapt - some pace will be vital. FWIW I was watching us then and the promotion win against Rotherham was one of the best nights at the Baseball ground so there’s a lot to look forward to but our expectations need to be realistic. 

What fee would we have got? Also maybe he thought/ hoped things would change. Maybe no actual offers were made? Maybe it wasn't impacting on him until the last few weeks. I don't think that any should get on the back of anyone who played their part this season - ultimately it isn't their fault that Derby have been relegated.

17 minutes ago, Finch said:

Worst owner regrettably. Even the 3 amigos didn’t manage to do so much damage. Remember Morris’s assertion that administration was the best option. Clown.

To be fair to TC Morris he always said he’d get us out of the division. Knob. 

6 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

He's been off it ever since he signed the pre contract, very disappointing 

I’d say it’s more that he’s been poorly utilised since he signed the pre contract. 

He’s very right footed (which is something he’s going to have to improve) and we played him on the left until the Fulham game where we played him on the right and he looked a different player, much improved performance.

I can’t understand why we bothered playing him, it was beyond pointless sticking him out on the left. It was such a waste of a position may as well have shot ourselves in the foot for the good it did!

I wouldn’t bother playing him now anyway as we need to give games to the youngsters we think can do well next season.

4 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I’d say it’s more that he’s been poorly utilised since he signed the pre contract. 

He’s very right footed (which is something he’s going to have to improve) and we played him on the left until the Fulham game where we played him on the right and he looked a different player, much improved performance.

I can’t understand why we bothered playing him, it was beyond pointless sticking him out on the left. It was such a waste of a position may as well have shot ourselves in the foot for the good it did!

I wouldn’t bother playing him now anyway as we need to give games to the youngsters we think can do well next season.

Don't think we will see him again after Rooney interview, need to find out who wants to stay and play them alongside more of the youngsters for the last 3 games