Mel Or Bust?

DarkFruitsRam7

Mel Or Bust?  

231 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

35 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Unfortunately he won't. That's why he has put it in administration. What he could do though is gift the stadium back to the club.

Well for me 

That is why mel was at pp and trying sort mess out before he actually leaves.

People are getting a bit emotional, they’re probably envisioning Mel sat in the directors box waving as the south stand all hail him as the saviour. There’s no way that’s going to happen, and no way a new owner will allow him any say in the running of the club. He’s not going to be able to sit in the directors box. At the very most he could pay the debt off to MSD as an interest free loan until we are in a better position to pay it back. 

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

Do you think Rangers fans share the same opinion? I don't think it's got anything to do with not appreciating history tbh 

Tbh not really bothered what rangers fans think, i was talking about derby,and i never mentioned history being appreciated, i just think its special.

Sooner the PB is confirmed the better, all this waiting has done is generate rumour after unfounded rumour. 

I really don't believe it would happen,  but if MM is involved in any consortium other than continuing to own the stadium in the short term, then I think the new owners business plan is doomed for failure if the poll is a finger in the wind of a decent cross-section of the fan base, it could lose as much as a 3rd of its support and ticket revenue overnight.

Personally,  I stopped having a ST in Maxwell's last year of ownership after not missing a game home and away in the previous 5 years out of my principles and objection to him, Mel is equally as bad, so a no-brainer for me. Football is almost lost to me anyway with how the last 30 odd years have gone and MM being involved still with so many debts unpaid would be the final straw.

2 hours ago, Kathcairns said:

Tbh not really bothered what rangers fans think, i was talking about derby,and i never mentioned history being appreciated, i just think its special.

You were talking about a general principle of whether a newly found club in the same area that existed as a natural continuation of a previous entity could maintain the same history. You posited that's not the case, I simply rebutted with the well known example of Rangers, technically a new entity but for all intents and purposes it's the same club. 

You implied it's older fans who might have a special appreciation of a club's history. It's just something I completely disagree with. 

9 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

The "This is utter tripe " comment was an early warning for your post I take it. The fact that we are heading for league One and not been able to renew players contracts has nothing to do  with EFL,  yeah right.

The Club is in Administration with £60m of debt. Where is the money coming from to renew contracts?

How responsible would it be for governing authorities to allow businesses in critical financial condition, to commit to further investment of non existent funds that can only be serviced by more borrowing?

19 hours ago, Eatonram said:

Really? When you look at who is and has been involved in football club ownership including some of our past owners then MM is a million miles from the worst. He made mistakes and decided he could no longer afford the cost of haemorrhaging cash. That is what he is guilty of. Get a sense of perspective. 

So if Mel is wanting to run the club again, what has changed?

5 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

You were talking about a general principle of whether a newly found club in the same area that existed as a natural continuation of a previous entity could maintain the same history. You posited that's not the case, I simply rebutted with the well known example of Rangers, technically a new entity but for all intents and purposes it's the same club. 

You implied it's older fans who might have a special appreciation of a club's history. It's just something I completely disagree with. 

It will take us a lot longer than it did rangers, the english leagues are a lot harder than the scottish leagues, i just cant believe people think its going to be so easy to start again and get back to where we are now.

Am I reading this right, some 'supporters' here would rather see the club liquidated, over a century of history wiped out? Academy players' dreams of hoping to be the next Plange. Our Rolls-Royce management team of Rooney-Rosenior looking for employment. Players like Buchanan who has black eyes on top of black eyes and gets concussed at least twice a game, they are off to find other teams. Shinnie who cried his heart out when shown the door. And on top of that HMRC, Dell and all other creditors not getting a penny? Pride Park would be flattened and replaced by an Aldi and the training facilities demolished to make way for some Redrow housing estate? It's bad enough that guy Beaufort1 who takes over the DET site saying he'd not go to a game ever again if Morris bought the club out of administration, even though he never goes, but some on here?

If one of the moderators here has any balls, I hope they delete the accounts of those voting liquidation ahead of someone stepping in to save our club. 

10 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

Am I reading this right, some 'supporters' here would rather see the club liquidated, over a century of history wiped out? Academy players' dreams of hoping to be the next Plange. Our Rolls-Royce management team of Rooney-Rosenior looking for employment. Players like Buchanan who has black eyes on top of black eyes and gets concussed at least twice a game, they are off to find other teams. Shinnie who cried his heart out when shown the door. And on top of that HMRC, Dell and all other creditors not getting a penny? Pride Park would be flattened and replaced by an Aldi and the training facilities demolished to make way for some Redrow housing estate? It's bad enough that guy Beaufort1 who takes over the DET site saying he'd not go to a game ever again if Morris bought the club out of administration, even though he never goes, but some on here?

If one of the moderators here has any balls, I hope they delete the accounts of those voting liquidation ahead of someone stepping in to save our club. 

Indeed. What's the point of having such power if you can't use it to take everything at face value then silence people who don't agree with you?

50 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

The Club is in Administration with £60m of debt. Where is the money coming from to renew contracts?

How responsible would it be for governing authorities to allow businesses in critical financial condition, to commit to further investment of non existent funds that can only be serviced by more borrowing?

It would be very irresponsible for the relevant authority to allow trading when there is no prospect of rescue. But The Court has appointed insolvency practitioners who should be allowed to make those decisions using their knowledge and expertise. Free from the influence of other clubs saying "it's not fair, why haven't Derby sold Tom Lawrence to poor Bournemouth for a bag of beans?"  

29 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

I was thinking "good post" until your last comment.

I find it amazing that people voted for liquidation over anything, let alone an individual person who would not be involved for long even if he did return.

Nevertheless, people are entitled to their opinion. They should definitely not be banned for expressing it.

Remember the quote:

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire/Hall

24 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

If one of the moderators here has any balls, I hope they delete the accounts of those voting liquidation ahead of someone stepping in to save our club

My My My, Opinions and Democracy looks to be a thing of the past, So a person who has cost DCFC in all probability relegation, Circa £50m of debt, Walks away with Pride Park in his pocket, Never paid HMRC their Tax of around £29m, Got into a long running feud with the Boro Chairman and your OK with a free scarf and a cup of coffee.

Just a footnote

It's not "our club" it never has been it never will be, Supporters are customers, Who are seen as cash cows for 100mins of football.

50 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

Doctor Who Reaction GIF