Rams v Preston Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

50 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

So that will make Bird unavailable for the next 3 games. It’s funny how we judge different players in our team. Lawerence got dogs abuse for his red card and the impact he caused by being banned for 3 games but the reaction to Max feels quite different. I’m not sure if that’s because there is a general perception that Max is a ‘nicer’ lad than TL or because he came through the academy, maybe it’s his age ( he’s played plenty of games at this level though). For the record I don’t advocate either of them being vilified but the outcome has been exactly the same.

Basically Birds was an attempted tackle and Lawrence was a deliberate stamp in temper over lack of a free kick.  That makes all the difference to me . 

Didn't think Bird's tackle was a red. He's gone in side on, admittedly both feet and one off the floor but it's the angle that counts. He's not breaking any legs with that, their guy's reaction is way over the top. I guess it's the risk you run if you dive in but I would have given a yellow.

Didn't think theirs was a red either for what it's worth. 

Great to get 3 points!

59 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

Didn't think Bird's tackle was a red. He's gone in side on, admittedly both feet and one off the floor but it's the angle that counts. He's not breaking any legs with that, their guy's reaction is way over the top. I guess it's the risk you run if you dive in but I would have given a yellow.

Didn't think theirs was a red either for what it's worth. 

Great to get 3 points!

Max bird was never ever ever sending off but theres was the same player did same to our players 3 time around there box. If we were allowed I would go to fa to get Ted card over turned.

Birds was a red. Stupid challenge to make, every man and his dog know the ref will even it up whether they mean to or not. Bielik will deputise and will make us better. I was calling at half time for Bielik for Bird and Rav for Festy. We needed control on the game, Bird plays too square and Festy slows play down too much with no purpose. 

Lovely technique again from Rav, the only player on the pitch who wouldn’t have played it over. On to the next. 

COYR

6 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Birds was a red. Stupid challenge to make, every man and his dog know the ref will even it up whether they mean to or not. Bielik will deputise and will make us better. I was calling at half time for Bielik for Bird and Rav for Festy. We needed control on the game, Bird plays too square and Festy slows play down too much with no purpose. 

Lovely technique again from Rav, the only player on the pitch who wouldn’t have played it over. On to the next. 

COYR

It was a red as a red was given, But again this is subjective by an official, As I said in a previous post...I've seen worse this season NOT given as a sending off, My feeling is the official after thinking and speaking to the other officials at HT concerning the Preston sending off had this in mind, And evened things up, Only an opinion from myself so nothing factual, Officials are aware of their mistakes and WILL if so minded make amends for what they believe was a genuine mistake...imo.

Everyone in the crowd knew as soon as Max made that tackle that he was going to be sent off. It ‘looked’ like a bad challenge, not helped by the theatrics of the ‘injured’ player and Preston’s players, who knew exactly what they were doing. It probably was reckless and a bit under control, and you can’t give refs the option to s”get their red cards out.
The problem we have in the game now is that refs have decided that every sliding tackle where the opposition players goes down is a foul for ‘dangerous play’.  I think the ref pretty much gave a free kick and card for every sliding tackle yesterday. It was noticeable that he only gave Malcolm a ‘talking to’ in the first half, for what was a great challenge from where I sat. I assume that’s because he knew as soon as he’d blown he’d made a mistake. He was quick to get his card out for similar challenges.  

Even helping us out with a sending off, the officials were awful. There was a funny moment in the first half (I think) where Alsop clearly cleared the ball into touch from behind the goal line (right next to the linesman - if was at least a foot out and would’ve been a corner). The lino literally shrugged, looked at the ref, obviously without a clue what to do, and gave a throw in. Useless the lot of ‘em.

Their number 21 also deserves an Oscar for his performance as ‘injured man’, including theatrical leg wobble when he got up.  Ref ate it up.

Edited by LazloW

10 hours ago, Orphanram said:

So that will make Bird unavailable for the next 3 games. It’s funny how we judge different players in our team. Lawerence got dogs abuse for his red card and the impact he caused by being banned for 3 games but the reaction to Max feels quite different. I’m not sure if that’s because there is a general perception that Max is a ‘nicer’ lad than TL or because he came through the academy, maybe it’s his age ( he’s played plenty of games at this level though). For the record I don’t advocate either of them being vilified but the outcome has been exactly the same.

Reaction was that it was a 50/50 tackle that Bird mistimed. In real time it didn't look like a red , but photos now suggest otherwise. 

Bit different to someone deliberately elbowing another player. Also I think Lawrence has had a lot of chances , is captain and we really do not have anyone else who can score goals, although Ravel has started to find his shooting boots at last.