Rams v Preston Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

Sorry my photo was blurred, I used my phone to take a zoomed in photo of a 'pause'  in the Quest's coverage of the game. But in my opinion it still shows Bird's sole of his boot making contact with the player's right shin. Fortunately for the player, he was standing on his other leg at the time, had Bird had made contact with his standing leg, I think that we could have been talking about a serious injury.

It did, it was 100% a red card, those that think otherwise should go to Specsavers………now let’s focus on their penalty and the two covering defenders ?

Some people seem to be undervaluing Plange's contribution yesterday. I thought he held the ball up and laid it off under extreme pressure from their defenders very well.

Also had the sharp shot that Iverson saved before the goal and had the presence of mind to chest it back into Morrison's path. 

His best game for a while, imo. 

4 hours ago, Chester40 said:

No idea how you and @RoyMac5are using those images to support the idea it definitely wasn't a red?!

He slid in, out of control, with his studs showing and caught him block-tackle style just below the knee whilst he was stood still. So It's a red card all day long nowadays. 

Yeh, it looked worse than it probably was, Max's a nice lad, the player made a meal of it, refs are inconsistent, the ref wanted to even things up, impact wasn't too firm etc etc etc...but let's be honest, that's generally a red card in the modern game.

Obvious he would be sent off the moment it happened

No point in appealing

but Max realised what was happening after lunging, his legs were bent, and he took the sting away. Not dangerous  

On 02/04/2022 at 07:25, Mucker1884 said:

Genuine question... and not specifically aimed at the individual poster...

Are these only "unprecedented circumstances" due to social media? 
Is this one worse than the last time we so very nearly went under, or does it merely (for want of a better word) appear to be more perilous this time, as there is more information/misinformation/rumour/opinion/hearsay available via the interweb?
Are the figures involved this time relatively higher than last time, and/or the situation more critical this time around?

Genuine question, as I know very little about the Stuart Webb thing, despite being around back then.  From a business survival pov, are we in it a lot deeper this time? 

It's all becoming rather bleak, and I'm reluctant to be flippant, and assume all will end well, but is it genuinely unprecedented?   ?‍♂️

?

It is unprecedented, certainly in the manner of how the club has arrived at the current dire financial situation. Also the humiliation and shame the club and supporters have been exposed to. In the main, due to the actions of one individual. Just my take on things. 

15 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

It did, it was 100% a red card, those that think otherwise should go to Specsavers………now let’s focus on their penalty and the two covering defenders ?

Try telling that to half of the South Stand!  The second it landed, I winced and said to the lad next to me "that's him off", much to the astonishment of the herd of ingrates behind me who I think wanted to lynch me for telling the ref it was a red.  Fair's fair, he got two decisions right during the game, but the rest of it.....he was utterly pants

Edited by Ovine_Interferer
missed a word lol

58 minutes ago, Ovine_Interferer said:

Try telling that to half of the South Stand!  The second it landed, I winced and said to the lad next to me "that's him off", much to the astonishment of the herd of ingrates behind me who I think wanted to lynch me for telling the ref it was a red.  Fair's fair, he got two decisions right during the game, but the rest of it.....he was utterly pants

You think theirs was a red???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Red card for Max all day long. It was a poor challenge, he lunged in, slid in out of control and his foot was high. He can have no complaints. And no point freeze framing things and looking at things in millimetres, the referee doesn't have that benefit, he has to judge in that split second, so that's what we need to judge him on.

I think we actually got the rub of the green (for once) with their red - Preston had a decent argument that there were two covering defenders. It's taken a few watches on telly to come to the conclusion that the ref got it right, but it was a close call. 

5 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Red card for Max all day long. It was a poor challenge, he lunged in, slid in out of control and his foot was high. He can have no complaints. And no point freeze framing things and looking at things in millimetres, the referee doesn't have that benefit, he has to judge in that split second, so that's what we need to judge him on.

I think we actually got the rub of the green (for once) with their red - Preston had a decent argument that there were two covering defenders. It's taken a few watches on telly to come to the conclusion that the ref got it right, but it was a close call. 

The ref didn't have the benefit of freeze frame for either decision and in real time at the pace he was travelling, Tom looked through on goal. He would have got his shot away before anyone else got near him, that's why it was a red. 

Bird's challenge looked a red too in real time.

I have no complaints with either sending off.

8 hours ago, angieram said:

The ref didn't have the benefit of freeze frame for either decision and in real time at the pace he was travelling, Tom looked through on goal. He would have got his shot away before anyone else got near him, that's why it was a red. 

Bird's challenge looked a red too in real time.

I have no complaints with either sending off.

Yes, I think you're right. Very hard for me high in the South Stand to get a clear sense of where Preston defenders were, it looked from miles away like they were covering, but a closer look on the telly you're right he would have got a shot on.