Life is politics, life is complicated

Bob The Badger

18 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

It just is.

I feel depressed at the moment.

My entire mood is conditioned by outside circumstances.

I like to discuss it with Derby fans.

I know that makes no logical sense.

But it makes emotional sense to ME.

I'm ok with being banned, I'm over this poo

Chin up Bob, it's going to be just THIS THREAD IS NOW LOCKED

26 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

It just is.

I feel depressed at the moment.

My entire mood is conditioned by outside circumstances.

I like to discuss it with Derby fans.

I know that makes no logical sense.

But it makes emotional sense to ME.

I'm ok with being banned, I'm over this poo

Lets discuss how we could talk about politics/current affairs etc without resorting to personal abuse. There's no way @David will relax the rules on abuse so we'd somehow have to agree to disagree without resorting to calling each other names and constantly reporting posts or being offended.

We have proven in the past that we cannot be trusted, so lets have a chat about how we could do this like grown ups.

9 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Lets discuss how we could talk about politics/current affairs etc without resorting to personal abuse. There's no way @David will relax the rules on abuse so we'd somehow have to agree to disagree without resorting to calling each other names and constantly reporting posts or being offended.

We have proven in the past that we cannot be trusted, so lets have a chat about how we could do this like grown ups.

Personally I'm feeling pretty  anxious about the whole thing too, and agree with Bob - feels like talking about it would help

1 minute ago, Stive Pesley said:

Personally I'm feeling pretty  anxious about the whole thing too, and agree with Bob - feels like talking about it would help

Invite posters you'd like to discuss things with via DM, and discuss it there.

43 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

If Vlad is on this forum a bit of abuse is called for don't you think?

I’m pretty pissed off by it all. I was just sorting life out after the pandemic, new website for my new company going live next week, and now the latest global disaster. I’m in the army reserves, so pretty concerned that it’s going to completely duck up my plans for the next few months.

at a time when we need to be coming together as a global community against climate change, against pandemics, and other global threats, this is going to set international relations back years, and we don’t have years to be wasting. Russia are a big player in the global game, and we need to be on the same side. This pointless imperialism is not helping anyone. 

In response to @RevI, personally, like to be able to dive in and out of threads. As well as seeing the opinions of people I'd rarely talk to via DM. I don't want an echo chamber like DMs create.

I know I'm an opinionated ducker but I genuinely do like being challenged. In fact, I love it!

With this topic,  I doubt there are even that many contrary opinions tbh, it's just nice to chat. 

2 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

In response to @RevI, personally, like to be able to dive in and out of threads. As well as seeing the opinions of people I'd rarely talk to via DM. I don't want an echo chamber like DMs create.

I know I'm an opinionated ducker but I genuinely do like being challenged. In fact, I love it!

With this topic,  I doubt there are even that many contrary opinions tbh, it's just nice to chat. 

I was reading between the lines of Utchs post previous to mine, and suggesting a way forward for those interested.

I don't see why it shouldn't be a topic on here, but it's @David's gaff so it's his rules, and I can see his point that this is a football forum, and the topic will be discussed far and wide on other publically available forums.

It would be nice to debate a wider range of topics than currently allowed, especially because membership of this forum gives us all a common ground away from the topic being discussed, but that's obviously not the way it's panned out in the past, so I can see why it's not allowed.