How many points to stay up

Archied

9 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

I have not given up hope yet . 5 wins from 7 is not impossible. But Wayne has got to come up with a Bielsa type system , that will blow teams away.

Is that similar to the Ponzi scheme that sounds like we had going on at the club 

On 03/03/2022 at 11:09, Ghost of Clough said:

I don't predict we'll go on a run of 1 win in 14 games though

After 1 win in 7 , with 7 games left Simon Jordan has come out and Sid “Rooney is doing the same thing as he did last season”. It’s crunch time for the graph. You have us down for a win v Preston . This is the biggest “Must win “ of the season.?

On 30/03/2022 at 16:09, jimtastic56 said:

After 1 win in 7 , with 7 games left Simon Jordan has come out and Sid “Rooney is doing the same thing as he did last season”. It’s crunch time for the graph. You have us down for a win v Preston . This is the biggest “Must win “ of the season.?

They call me Nostradamus ?

13 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

This week I fear will seal it. Reading have found form and play back- to- back home games against Stoke (midweek) and Cardiff City. With us at Swansea City, I can see the gap being 9 points with only five to play by next Sunday.

My thoughts exactly, on paper we could get 12 points from our remaining 6 but to go 9 points behind with 5 to play is mentally tough.   

A miracle at Swansea would seriously turn up the heat.

I've crunched the numbers...if Reading have a really poor end to the season as we all hope...let's say win 1.. draw 3..lose 3..I think we can agree that's terrible form..that would leave them on 40 points. That would mean the Rams needing to finish really strongly.. 3 wins and 3 draws which would also leave us on 40 points and put us just above Reading on goal difference.A massive ask and I've not even mentioned Barnsley.

Edited by Patrick Rams

Reading have 2 home games next, stoke Tuesday,  Cardiff Saturday.  That late equaliser today was massive for them. We really need Stoke to beat them now, so they feel the pressure next Saturday....and we have to beat Swansea away!!!... also our next 3 games are really tough ..our last 3 games are very winnable...hopefully we are still in the mix come our last 3 games.

21 minutes ago, Sheff Ram said:

If my maths is correct. This means Reading would have to win 4 (or win 3 and draw 3) from their final 7 games... 

I don't see that happening.

I think we're looking at something in the early 40s, which I think is still a huge ask for us (4/5 wins from 6)

I think that's a tall order. If our form over Feb and March was marginally better then we'd be well in contention.

However, if we can just get to the final day within 3 points, all bets are off!

2 hours ago, Patrick Rams said:

I've crunched the numbers...if Reading have a really poor end to the season as we all hope...let's say win 1.. draw 3..lose 3..I think we can agree that's terrible form..that would leave them on 40 points. That would mean the Rams needing to finish really strongly.. 3 wins and 3 draws which would also leave us on 40 points and put us just above Reading on goal difference.A massive ask and I've not even mentioned Barnsley.

Yes you did just now.