How many points to stay up

Archied

The current state of play makes it seem like we need to get to 40-42 to survive. Even if we win 5 of the last 6 at home that will still leave us 4-6 points short. I think if we don't get something tonight and win against Barnsley it's going to look very difficult. After-all we could still go to the bottom of the table if Peterborough pick up a point from their game in hand. I think we've looked a little tired in the past couple of games and this could be when the lack of squad depth really is kicking in and starting to punish us. 

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Despite only picking up 1 win in the 3 games since this post, we're only 1 point behind my plotted target. In fact, my prediction factored in losing tonight and 2 of the 3 games after that.

image.png.a241d9defeb95fb52f8e30c90c78555d.png

We're also only 5 points behind my previously plotted path  after matchday 24 (when the end of season target was 45 points)

Still only 1 point behind my prediction.

It’s still possible but it’s going to require around 2 points per game to have any chance. We might need Reading to do us some favours.

Personally I think we will need 42 points which means we need to win 7 out of the last 11 games and we’re going to need to start winning away.

Wins: Barnsley (H), Coventry (H), Preston (H), Swansea (A), Bristol City (H), Blackpool (A), Cardiff (H)

Defeats: Bournemouth (A), Blackburn (A), Fulham (H), QPR (A)

If we need more than 42 points then we’re going to need something from these 4 matches.

The players aren’t giving up so I still believe but it’s looking very very difficult now.

Edited by BramcoteRam84

On 01/03/2022 at 22:04, Ghost of Clough said:

Still only 1 point behind my prediction.

In February last year we started on a diabolical run of one win in 14 games and Wayne ran out of ideas how to turn things round. How does that scenario fit in with your graph?

On 01/03/2022 at 16:31, Ghost of Clough said:

Despite only picking up 1 win in the 3 games since this post, we're only 1 point behind my plotted target. In fact, my prediction factored in losing tonight and 2 of the 3 games after that.

image.png.a241d9defeb95fb52f8e30c90c78555d.png

We're also only 5 points behind my previously plotted path  after matchday 24 (when the end of season target was 45 points)

Tracking against my prediction quite well. Only got Millwall (draw predicted) wrong from the last 5 games. 

Only 1 point predicted from the next three games. Anything more than that will be a bonus.

image.png.d7c1bb432e1be87cb6519bf13106a6a2.png

13 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Having to beat Cardiff on the last day of the season would make it our cup final. Before then - if Forest stuff Reading for us on Saturday we would really appreciate it. We know they love playing us really and would miss us if we dropped.

Three points for Forest could get them in the playoff spots with a couple of other results going the right way. They’ve got everything to play for. 

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Tracking against my prediction quite well. Only got Millwall (draw predicted) wrong from the last 5 games. 

Only 1 point predicted from the next three games. Anything more than that will be a bonus.

image.png.d7c1bb432e1be87cb6519bf13106a6a2.png

What the difference between the Derby predicted and Derby new lines please 

On 02/03/2022 at 08:20, Charliegeorge1962 said:

We could well stop up there are enough points to play for, but realistically I can't see us going into promotion form, Millwall was the game we should have won and then that would have given us confidence but instead its gone the other way.

I only hope Ashley saves us now from going bust.

COYR

I had forgotten about the whole admin/PB fiasco.  Thanks for the reminder ?

On 14/02/2022 at 19:16, RadioactiveWaste said:

Think it'll be unusually low, I'm going to say 36 and it's us who do it.

Hull have now got 37 points with 10 games to go. Pundits are saying they are not safe. I must agree , 44 points must be the target as Reading only need 5/11 wins to get that.

3 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Hull have now got 37 points with 10 games to go. Pundits are saying they are not safe. I must agree , 44 points must be the target as Reading only need 5/11 wins to get that.

I don't think reading will get that many.

It's possible i was being overly low in my earlier guess, 44 would be plenty though i think.