How many points to stay up

Archied

9 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

If we can get it back to 6 points with say three games to go I think we will do it. Our last 3 look winnable. 3 points behind going into the final game will give us a chance. We have Cardiff at home, they have Luton away.

And did you meet Alice, in Wonderland?

1 hour ago, Jortat said:

I reckon we will stay up .

I just have a feeling we will beat Fulham and then win away at QPR ?

Then Reading will wobble then collapse.

Yes I have been drinking all afternoon but I don’t think this has clouded my judgment ??

Onwards and upwards.

COYR ????

Erm, yes it has

2 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

And did you meet Alice, in Wonderland?

It goes without saying that if the gap gets any bigger than what it is now then we are toast.

Really we've got to get it back to 6 points as soon as possible. By hook or by crook we've got to beat Fulham on friday night.

I'm just targeting that last game of the season. If we can go into it within 3 points of Reading, the chance is there to stay up. You never know our goal difference might save us.

9 hours ago, RipleyRich said:

In reality if Reading get 1 more point it`s all over over bar the shouting.

That means 4 wins, or 3 wins and 1 draws without Reading getting any additional points and relying on goal difference. That`s just not going to happen.

I bet Barnsley thought that in 19/20.

5 hours ago, Brammie Steve said:

We can offer to take the 15 extra points deduction now and start next season with a clean sheet.

You know it makes sense!

Reading will stay up either way!

Those barstewards at the EFL not letting us bend the rules and take the deduction when we want to. Don’t they know how important we are!?

17 hours ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Those barstewards at the EFL not letting us bend the rules and take the deduction when we want to. Don’t they know how important we are!?

Wasn’t it Leeds that put themselves into administration before the end of the season, when the points deduction wouldn’t change the outcome, forcing the efl to then create the rule that you can’t pick and chose when you take your deduction. Ducking Leeds screwing us over again. 

and unlike us, where the elf realised the loophole, changed the rules and then retrospectively punished us based on the new rules, Leeds got away Scot free. 

We’ve just got to somehow get it to the last game, which means we need to gain 6 points on Reading over the next 4 games. They are away to Luton last game who may need to win to make playoffs. That is a tough game. 

Readings run in - Sheff Utd (A), Swansea (H), Hull (A), West Brom (H), Luton (A)

Reading could easily lose next 2. Sheff U going for playoffs Swansea are in good form. Hull are a mixed bag anything could happen, and same with Baggies, I don’t fancy them in the last game. 7 points from that run in and we’re screwed, but if they got 4 points, we would need to win 4 draw 1 from our remaining games, 5 or 6 points then we would need to win all 5 realistically.

I think we will likely need a result from every game. Another defeat and don’t think there’s any way back.

Its the longest of long shots

With the run in Reading have you would expect them to pick up between 3-6 more points i think. If they pick up 3 that leaves us needing 12 points from 5 games. It's not impossible but it is unlikely. We're also a point behind Barnsley and they have a game in hand. They still have Peterborough at home, Blackpool and Preston at home, all of which are winnable. We need to win all our home games which i actually think is doable and then pick up a win away from home (I think Blackpool is possible). It needs all the chips to fall our way but we're not yet finished. 

2 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Ah well, playing for pride now. Fair play to Reading, they stepped it up just when they needed to. I’ll be there at QPR on Monday to cheer the boys on still. Almost a relief for it to be nearly over tbh.

Looks like we will definitely need new words for the Allez Allez Allez song now.

Over to you creative boys and girls.