Boro (A) Match Thread

B4ev6is

40 minutes ago, David said:

I'll probably get slated for this, but my initial reaction upon hearing it on RD... and backed up by seeing it here... is:

I don't like it!

Yeah yeah... kid... hero... I get that.

But there's a time and a place for kids meeting/getting selfies... in fact, quite a few times and places, with a bit of planning... but this particular time and place just ain't it.

I can only assume the usual, and added security, were all surrounding "Curly Sue and The Parmolettes"? 

When do 8 year olds become 12 year olds become 15 year olds become knife wielding thugs?  Who is drawing that line, and where is it being drawn?
He didn't shout Rooney over from nearby seats, or hold up a begging Banner... He literally ran half the length of the pitch (Assuming he came from the same place he returned to?)

No.  This gets a big thumbs down from me.
Shame on the matchday security.
Shame on the boys parent(s)/guardian(s) (whether they were there or not, and whether they were encouraging it or not).

Sad to see Rooney play along with it, instead of shooing the lad away, or at least stepping back, but it's fair to say, he's actually in a no-win situation there, and I can fully understand his reaction, so I'm loathe to "Shame" him too. 
He should not be put in that position.

?

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

One plus from today, I came out of that completely melee that was our away crowd in one piece.

Those stewards deserve bloody medals! 

And where were the police? Out of the way down at the front filming it all. 

Glad you’re Ok Angie, it all kicked on the way back, police finally earning their money batons drawn, lots of stones and bricks being thrown at us. Just like the old days. On the way out now for a pint or three.

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'll probably get slated for this, but my initial reaction upon hearing it on RD... and backed up by seeing it here... is:

I don't like it!

Yeah yeah... kid... hero... I get that.

But there's a time and a place for kids meeting/getting selfies... in fact, quite a few times and places, with a bit of planning... but this particular time and place just ain't it.

I can only assume the usual, and added security, were all surrounding "Curly Sue and The Parmolettes"? 

When do 8 year olds become 12 year olds become 15 year olds become knife wielding thugs?  Who is drawing that line, and where is it being drawn?
He didn't shout Rooney over from nearby seats, or hold up a begging Banner... He literally ran half the length of the pitch (Assuming he came from the same place he returned to?)

No.  This gets a big thumbs down from me.
Shame on the matchday security.
Shame on the boys parent(s)/guardian(s) (whether they were there or not, and whether they were encouraging it or not).

Sad to see Rooney play along with it, instead of shooing the lad away, or at least stepping back, but it's fair to say, he's actually in a no-win situation there, and I can fully understand his reaction, so I'm loathe to "Shame" him too. 
He should not be put in that position.

?

If I was a steward I say to the kid come back at full time I will make sure you get a picture with rooney.

"...I thought it was quite an even game first half," Rooney said.

"I felt we had bits of control of it and we got the equaliser, and we were OK, and then we concede two sloppy goals we need to look at.

"I take responsibility for the result because I tried something with Tom Lawrence and Luke Plange, to leave them high up the pitch and try and play a little bit on the counter attack, and that didn't pay off. I take full responsibility for that.

"It is a disappointing result. Middlesbrough are a good team but I didn't feel there was that much between the two teams."

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I just hope the EFL upgrade Crooks yellow to a red.

No chance is there.

They can't, because Dean has already made his decision. If he hadn't given anything for it, then they could go retrospective. Although that's not going to happen, given the number of non-retros which have already taken place.

Just now, DavesaRam said:

They can't, because Dean has already made his decision. If he hadn't given anything for it, then they could go retrospective. Although that's not going to happen, given the number of non-retros which have already taken place.

Can you teach him the offside rule now, I've tried but he still doesn't get it 

Well that was fun. sloppiness cost us, can’t complain and was always going to happen against someone. Big decision didn’t go our way (surprise, surprise) fans awesome especially last 15 mins. Bring on Peterborough, big game and lets hope we can sell out again, can’t wait. COYR? we’ll fight till the end ??

26 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Glad you’re Ok Angie, it all kicked on the way back, police finally earning their money batons drawn, lots of stones and bricks being thrown at us. Just like the old days. On the way out now for a pint or three.

Sorry to hear that but pleased you got back to the hotel okay. Enjoy your evening. 

38 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Not our day. Poor for the 1st and 4th, unlucky with the 2nd, 3rd was bad defending. Our goal was a right fluke anorl - shocking keeping to let that in, no idea why he allowed himself to become unsighted. Think the scoreline flattered them but they were the better side - good pressing in particular and deserved the win.

Don't think Crooks' challenge was that bad, don't know why Rams TV were going on about it as if it was crime of the century - yellow was enough for me. Mike Dean was generally rubbish, but don't think it favoured either side.

No harm done with other results going our way and we move on to the Posh game, which is massive. Their midweek meeting with Reading is equally important really (and Hoilet should be banned for the Royals too).

UTR.

Well, even Radio Teeside felt Crooks was a lucky boy to stay on….

1 hour ago, Patrick Rams said:

Not the result we wanted obviously but looking at the others scores it could've been a lot worse.Bad news? Irate Reading fans invade the pitch and attempt to attack the manager... that'll be the cue for his sacking and then a new manager bounce!

Read weeks ago they cannot afford to sack him

"...There are two ways this can go. I have seen so many managers and players take the easy route out, and they [Derby] are certainly not taking the easy route out, they are alive and kicking, and we have had to play well today to get a result.

"They got it back to 1-1 and it really evened itself up. We took a couple of big moments just before half time that gave us a big advantage, but they fought to the end. 

"They are fighting for the manager and the supporters, and for them to be in contact or in touch is a brilliant achievement and I am sure it is an achievement that is not finished yet.

"They are going to really push at the back end of the season because of the attitude, the leadership of the manager, and the assistant manager, and most importantly the attitude of the group. We have had to play well to get that result."

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"...There are two ways this can go. I have seen so many managers and players take the easy route out, and they [Derby] are certainly not taking the easy route out, they are alive and kicking, and we have had to play well today to get a result.

"They got it back to 1-1 and it really evened itself up. We took a couple of big moments just before half time that gave us a big advantage, but they fought to the end. 

"They are fighting for the manager and the supporters, and for them to be in contact or in touch is a brilliant achievement and I am sure it is an achievement that is not finished yet.

"They are going to really push at the back end of the season because of the attitude, the leadership of the manager, and the assistant manager, and most importantly the attitude of the group. We have had to play well to get that result."

Redeemed himself with his pre-match comments. Bit of gamesmanship may have been at play there. 

2 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Enjoy your post match Happy Meals boys. Don't forget, mummy says if you're not late home then you can stay up and  play with the toy you get with your meal. 

Screenshot_20220212-132746_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220212-132746_Samsung Internet.jpg

Who's this fearsome crew?