Liam Rosenior

CBRammette

Rosenior always fills me with confidence everytime I hear him speak. Looking forward to see what he can do this season.

Made it sound like Bielik is staying with us for the season as well even if he is sort of injured. Things could change of course, but Bielik was immense last time he played in league one, so hope he does stay.

Tbf it were well good. Watery eyes, unkempt beard. Stress, long hours, hay-fever, sweat, emotion. Gratitude for unseen work.  Lovesick over Wayne.  Bowled over by the fans.   All things I can relate to.

Internsting he singles out 2 youngfellas, Carlos Richards and erm the other guy.

Edited by Andrew3000

On 06/07/2022 at 22:06, maydrakin said:

I am hugely looking forward to seeing Rosenior as the new manager.  That said, I just hope the crowd gives him plenty of slack.

There’s been a huge amount of optimism over the last few days and I worry that may translate into a less supportive atmosphere if we don’t hit the ground running.

We need to be patient and ensure we back the team like we did last year, when there was only zero expectation.

Spot on. I always remember the back-to-back promotions under Arthur Cox. After the promotion back to Division Two, our first game was against Oldham at home and we lost 1-0 at the BBG. It brought on gloom amongst many in the fanbase for what may lie ahead. It turned out to be the only home defeat of the season. We won the league, six points clear of Portsmouth and nine clear of Oldham who missed out in third place as there were no play-offs then. That also brought the Oldham home defeat into perspective for they weren't a bad side.

I feel pretty good about the transfer business we've done this week with the promise of more to come. But we're not going to be able to gauge our chances until we get some way into September. The team needs time to gel with so many changes.

However, I'm willing to stick my neck out and say that if we are there or thereabouts at the end of September then the Rams are going up. Bring it on.

COYR

22 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Spot on. I always remember the back-to-back promotions under Arthur Cox. After the promotion back to Division Two, our first game was against Oldham at home and we lost 1-0 at the BBG. It brought on gloom amongst many in the fanbase for what may lie ahead. It turned out to be the only home defeat of the season. We won the league, six points clear of Portsmouth and nine clear of Oldham who missed out in third place as there were no play-offs then. That also brought the Oldham home defeat into perspective for they weren't a bad side.

I feel pretty good about the transfer business we've done this week with the promise of more to come. But we're not going to be able to gauge our chances until we get some way into September. The team needs time to gel with so many changes.

However, I'm willing to stick my neck out and say that if we are there or thereabouts at the end of September then the Rams are going up. Bring it on.

COYR

Being a bit pedantic here but 86/87 was the first year of the play offs.  3rd, 4th and 5th in Div 2 plus 4th bottom in Div 1.  It was the first time the top flight was reduced to 20 teams.

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

22 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

COYR

er HUMM.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1987_Football_League_play-offs

Edited by I DONT MIND