Luke Plange - signed for Palace & loaned back

Jram

Just now, Crewton said:

So him waiting till the summer before signing for another team benefits DCFC how?

You seem to constantly be losing my original point. Do try to keep up. My point is, once again - the Palace chairman is doing it because it's good for his football club. I am taking issue with him receiving praise as if he is doing us an act of kindness. He is not. End point. 

25 minutes ago, Andicis said:

What's the value of a young striker scoring plenty of goals in the Championship? Plenty higher. Palace aren't doing anything from the goodness of their hearts, that is pure PR. 

20 = plenty.

3 = a start.

Hyperbole much?

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

You seem to constantly be losing my original point. Do try to keep up. My point is, once again - the Palace chairman is doing it because it's good for his football club. I am taking issue with him receiving praise as if he is doing us an act of kindness. He is not. End point. 

Of course he's signing Plange because it benefits his football club - but he's at least being helpful to us, and gracious with it - no ducker else is. He didn't have to lend him back to us for the season. You're out of touch with reality I'm afraid.

This is what one of our relegation rivals thinks of this deal : 

So Derby's "fire sale" resulted them in losing none of their players for the rest of this season, and pocketing £1M.

Frankly, whoever the administrators are they have done a better job in this window then many people who are nominated as Director of Football!

1 minute ago, Crewton said:

Of course he's signing Plange because it benefits his football club - but he's at least being helpful to us, and gracious with it - no ducker else is. He didn't have to lend him back to us for the season. You're out of touch with reality I'm afraid.

He probably did have to loan him back. Did you consider the admins had that as a necessity in making a deal? As you quote, we aren't just accepting any deal, we could have said no. 

Yep, I suppose it's handy cash for a player we nicked from Arsenal and the loan-back deal is a kicker too, but it's also another knee to the nads from Parry and Co. Had we been allowed to extend his contract, he might have been leaving in the Summer for 3 or 4 times what we're getting for him now.

Still, beggars can't be choosers and that cash could well prove critical. That said, I'm just now waiting for the inbound PR piece from the EFL blathering some mealy-mouthed shizzle about how they hope this 'clearly illustrates their full intent to support and guide the club forward to a more sustainable business model' and what good ducking eggs they all are for allowing the loan-back. 

Somehow, it's worse getting a 'favour' from the EFL than a kicking. The notion of those Bamfords giving us any kind of help at all makes me feel like I need a wash.

#wefighttotheend

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Hoping we get to see the Jack goal-machine tbh. Whilst Plange looks decent it baulks making other teams players better - which Rooney is already doing with Plange. Still we get to benefit to the tune of £1m (hopefully). Maybe when we're out of all this we'll benefit even more financially from some astute transfer dealing. I reckon there's plenty of young talent out there for us to attract.

I’d rather we sold Stretton than Plange …Plange has only got better since his introduction and his goal Sunday was brilliant …I just don’t see Stretton as being a top goalscorer for us …

also Plange’s lay off for Lawrence was it in the box late in the game Sunday was again great play …think he’s miles in front of Stretton but just my opinion 

I don’t think we can underestimate the player’s role in this. Do you want to go back to London to join an Prem team? Yes please.

He’s been great for us but he’s only been with us for a relatively short period of time. He’s got the opportunity to join a team in the Prem. Rooney said he couldn’t stand in Williams’ way. I imagine the same applies for Plange, except we get to loan him back. It’s crap for our long term prospects but for the short term, it’s invaluable.

Wouldn't look too deep into what Steve Parish is saying. I expect when they made the offer it included exploring the option of loaning back, because the administrators haven't been listening to any bids otherwise.

Is it that hard to believe that he is just saying that he's pleased the deal benefits both clubs and that he wishes us the best? Of course it benefits Palace, that's not in doubt. He didn't have to say anything at all.

It was a nice gesture. That's all it was. Doesn't mean he's trying to pretend he's doing us a favour, it was just a nice touch.

Gutted with that regardless of any loan, we shouldn’t have been forced into ANY of this in January.

Should have been a takeover underway weeks ago, Boro & Wycombe should have been sorted months ago and that Diallo should have been scoring a winner for us this weekend

Plange possibly worth tens of millions later down the line and twitter’s bending over backwards to thank the Palace chairman for saying something nice about us. They tried to buy him off us for 300K!

For us to be so close to getting in the survival race is immensely frustrating. Those lads will fight their hearts out to keep us up and may well do it but they didn’t deserve to have the task made even harder. Couldn’t even keep Jags on 3.5kpw, disgusting from the EFL.

12 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'm not sure if we have separate departments for academy scouting, but whoever is in charge of bringing in academy cast-offs is doing a brilliant job.

In fact, isn't it Mel's stepson?

Me neither, not a clue how we have arranged that. Usually there's only one data analytics team, and then there's multiple ways to have the rest done from "sleeping scouts" to more typical setup. 

Most of the data analysis and visualization is done by agents nowadays so that eases scouting teams job quite a bit.

1 minute ago, Leicester Ram said:

Gutted with that regardless of any loan, we shouldn’t have been forced into ANY of this in January.

Should have been a takeover underway weeks ago, Boro & Wycombe should have been sorted months ago and that Diallo should have been scoring a winner for us this weekend

Plange possibly worth tens of millions later down the line and twitter’s bending over backwards to thank the Palace chairman for saying something nice about us. They tried to buy him off us for 300K!

For us to be so close to getting in the survival race is immensely frustrating. Those lads will fight their hearts out to keep us up and may well do it but they didn’t deserve to have the task made even harder. Couldn’t even keep Jags on 3.5kpw, disgusting from the EFL.

Agree...and also can't help thinking that we do miss Jagielka , he was brilliant for us and taking nothing away from Stearman do think Jags is a big loss and he was lined up to sign and stay....but the parasites and EFL helped this happen....

7 hours ago, S8TY said:

I’d rather we sold Stretton than Plange …Plange has only got better since his introduction and his goal Sunday was brilliant …I just don’t see Stretton as being a top goalscorer for us …

also Plange’s lay off for Lawrence was it in the box late in the game Sunday was again great play …think he’s miles in front of Stretton but just my opinion 

Was that an option then?

How much of Stretton have you seen, how many games has he played for the first team?

8 hours ago, Crewton said:

You don't know how much they've paid. Also if Plange scores more goals between now and the end of the season how much would his value have increased? They've come in before there's an 'auction'. They won't lose even if they sold him on in a seasons time. They want us to play him and make him a better player.

I'd rather we'd sold him and signed an experienced striker - but I don't suppose the EFL would allow that.

Edited by RoyMac5

13 hours ago, Rev said:

He's left now. 

I believe Steve Bould gave Derby the nod about Plange.

12 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Nah. He’s gone, and is now down in the Führerbunker letting Mel know what a great football owner he could have been if it wasn’t for COVID.

Left in October according to his LinkedIn. Despite our feelings towards Mel, I think it’s difficult to argue that his stepson did anything other than an excellent job based on our track record of youth recruitment.

BE0AEB43-B4F4-4CBA-93E2-CD183C0A3E35.thumb.jpeg.9a46a74a32c9543702a3f38687085342.jpeg

Given that none of us had even heard of Luke Plange this time last year there's some over-reaction on here! 

We gave him a chance to rebuild his career when Arsenal threw him on the scrap heap and he's grabbed it with both hands. 

He's cost us very little, just a small wage and a few months' coaching. Not like he's been with our academy since forever.

I hope he tears up this league for the rest of the season and he goes on to be a big player for Palace. 

Good move for both clubs at this time.