Luke Plange - signed for Palace & loaned back

Jram

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Not really that classy, he swooped in and got a much more valuable asset at a low rate, I'd have rather got the correct value for Plange than the soppy statement, frankly! 

What is Plange's correct value considering he was going to be worth £0 in the summer and hadnt played first team football 4 months ago?

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

What is Plange's correct value considering he was going to be worth £0 in the summer and hadnt played first team football 4 months ago?

What's the value of a young striker scoring plenty of goals in the Championship? Plenty higher. Palace aren't doing anything from the goodness of their hearts, that is pure PR. 

Not sure how people assume Rooney was against this. Yes if it was just a transfer I’d imagine he would be angry, but we still have the player for the season that matters and money in our pocket.

Chances were that we get to the end of the season, he’s out of contract and signs for a Premier League (or another Championship club) and we have nothing.

We still get the player for the season that matters AND a huge amount of money towards that £5/6m for the season.

I don’t even think Plange would be getting a game under normal circumstances where Rooney could have brought in his own players. 

Some seem to have forgotten that he didn't look like an £8M player against Forest. 

We need a decent wodge of cash and we needed to keep all our players at the club for the remainder of the season, which we've done. It looks like we've received a similar fee to that which Wigan got for Joe Gelhardt, who was rated higher than Plange. If so, we've not done badly in the circumstances for a player we only signed in the summer.

What's the value of a young striker scoring plenty of goals in the Championship? Plenty higher. Palace aren't doing anything from the goodness of their hearts, that is pure PR. 

He has played 9 first team games in his career, scored 3 goals which is decent, but he is out of contract in 5 months so please tell me what his value should have been in your opinion and based off what?

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

He has played 9 first team games in his career, scored 3 goals which is decent, but he is out of contract in 5 months so please tell me what his value should have been in your opinion and based off what?

The reason his contract is low is due to the situation we find ourselves in, so again another reason why it's just opportunistic for circumstances. Young players are valued from potential, more than anything else. He's clearly got high potential, hence why Premier League clubs are after him. I don't know his value, it's higher than 1 million. Dressing it up with a nice statement doesn't make it anything other than a cynical business move.

2 minutes ago, Crewton said:

You're very naive then.

What could be construed as naive in my comment, that I'd have rather had the value for the player than a PR statement? I didn't say I expected we would get that, just that I don't think Parish should be winning praise for that. 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

So is that about 7 young players we have lost to premiership clubs in the last couple of years? - truly fantastic if they had been sold for big premiership money but sadly that’s not the case.

Man City - Delap

Man Utd - Sharpe, Kaba, Scanlon 

Liverpool - Gordon

Brighton - Ryan

Watford - Eze

Chelsea - Williams

Palace - Plange

What could be construed as naive in my comment, that I'd have rather had the value for the player than a PR statement? I didn't say I expected we would get that, just that I don't think Parish should be winning praise for that. 

He's winning praise for structuring the deal in a way that gives us all the money up front and allows us to pick the same side on Wednesday. Also, he offered us more than joke money, unlike the other bids we've turned down, for a player he could sign in the summer for a titful of compensation.

Just now, Crewton said:

He's winning praise for structuring the deal in a way that gives us all the money up front and allows us to pick the same side on Wednesday. Also, he offered us more than joke money, unlike the other bids we've turned down, for a player he could sign in the summer for a titful of compensation.

He structured the deal in a way it would be attractive and accepted by admins. In the summer he'd have had a lot more competition for the signature. I think it's more naive to believe the Premier League football club was doing something out of the goodness of their heart and not for their own benefit, frankly. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

He structured the deal in a way it would be attractive and accepted by admins. In the summer he'd have had a lot more competition for the signature. I think it's more naive to believe the Premier League football club was doing something out of the goodness of their heart and not for their own benefit, frankly. 

His contract runs out in the summer. Palace could have signed him for nothing then. ?

Just now, Crewton said:

His contract runs out in the summer. Palace could have signed him for nothing then. ?

Like I said - if you wait to the Summer you'll have plenty more clubs to compete with, he's free to go wherever. It's a risky move. As I said in my previous post. 

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The reason his contract is low is due to the situation we find ourselves in, so again another reason why it's just opportunistic for circumstances. Young players are valued from potential, more than anything else. He's clearly got high potential, hence why Premier League clubs are after him. I don't know his value, it's higher than 1 million. Dressing it up with a nice statement doesn't make it anything other than a cynical business move.

But who is to say his contract would have been any different out of admin? Gordon & Delap both turned down new deals for prem interest so imo Plange would have done the same. We have got 1m each for them as they were all going to be out of contract, seems to be the going rate.

Had he had a 3yr deal then yes he would be worth more obviously, but he didnt, he was going to be out of contract so 1m plus add ons for someone we would have got nothing for in 5months and we still get to keep him for those 5months is a good deal imo

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

But who is to say his contract would have been any different out of admin? Gordon & Delap both turned down new deals for prem interest so imo Plange would have done the same. We have got 1m each for them as they were all going to be out of contract, seems to be the going rate.

Had he had a 3yr deal then yes he would be worth more obviously, but he didnt, he was going to be out of contract so 1m plus add ons for someone we would have got nothing for in 5months and we still get to keep him for those 5months is a good deal imo

He probably would have turned down a deal. My point is that a player on a short term contract because we are limited in our ability to do more than that is still likely worth much more just as a player, the circumstances lowered his value significantly. That's the point. You're reinforcing it, his true value is higher. Palace are still getting a bargain, and they know it otherwise they wouldn't have gone ahead with it.