CALLING MEL MORRIS

Cook1988

I doubt he will show his face anywhere near the city again.

What he has done is unforgivable and I have not seen one bit of remorse.

He cast us off knowing full well the situation. He is never going to come back to resolve this.

This will be his legacy forever. Either the man who killed the Rams or the one who nearly did.

Edited by kingsy1884

come on everyone on here knows deep down he was/is a fan

yes its gone down the wrong path and lots of mistakes have been made!!

But come on

you dont chuck £200m at your hometown club if you not a fan, all this talk of he wanted the fame baalocks hes a ultra high net worth individual do you really think he was bothered, the only fame he wanted was the adulation of gettting Derby to the prem!

46 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

How much did Mel put in??, we owe an awful lot of money and don’t own our assets… makes you wonder. IMO he needs to be held fully accountable, there is no way he should be able to wash his hands of us after all this. 

I'm with you. Still to be reliably proven how much he's lost personally by this. Just my opinion and fag packet maths but it's nowhere near 200 million. 

2 hours ago, observer said:

But come on

you dont chuck £200m at your hometown club if you not a fan, all this talk of he wanted the fame baalocks hes a ultra high net worth individual do you really think he was bothered, the only fame he wanted was the adulation of gettting Derby to the prem!

How do you know he invested 200 mill of his own money 

6 hours ago, observer said:

But come on

The maverick approach to the clubs finances is unforgivable. The previous DCFC owner opted to not pay HMRC, racking up a debt of almost £30m, which he then dumped into administration. I find that highly offensive. I have run a company and always paid the tax due, whether I agreed with the taxation policy or not. No doubt most, if not all Rams fans have to pay their taxes. As well as the financial shambles he chose to make an enemy of the EFL, then left the battlefield. That act in itself has a significant bearing on todays problems. Everyone makes mistakes, but they shouldn't be confused with conscious decisions made by people who know exactly why and what they are doing. 

Edited by europia

Where are you?

"...Rooney will emerge with metaphorical credit in the bank whatever happens but for now sees a bigger picture. He sees a proud club on their knees, a city holding its breath.

As for his anger, that is reserved for the club’s former owner Mel Morris, the man who gambled everything on reaching the Premier League and lost.

‘He is why we are in this situation,’ said Rooney. ‘I am sure the fans would agree. He did not speak to me when he was at the club.

‘I don’t like to waste my breath on that anyway. He has moved on and left us in a very difficult situation. I am sure he is enjoying his life at home.

‘Other people are now trying to fix this and I am just trying to fix it from a football point of view.

‘If we can get the right people in then this club can be great again. But right now survival is the most important thing.’"

Edited by RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Where are you?

"...Rooney will emerge with metaphorical credit in the bank whatever happens but for now sees a bigger picture. He sees a proud club on their knees, a city holding its breath.

As for his anger, that is reserved for the club’s former owner Mel Morris, the man who gambled everything on reaching the Premier League and lost.

‘He is why we are in this situation,’ said Rooney. ‘I am sure the fans would agree. He did not speak to me when he was at the club.

‘I don’t like to waste my breath on that anyway. He has moved on and left us in a very difficult situation. I am sure he is enjoying his life at home.

‘Other people are now trying to fix this and I am just trying to fix it from a football point of view.

‘If we can get the right people in then this club can be great again. But right now survival is the most important thing.’"

It's difficult not to love him, isn't it?

On 20/01/2022 at 15:59, observer said:

But come on

Speak for yourself. To me he comes across as a typical businessmen who saw a chance to make a quick buck getting to the Premier League after the QPR game.

I dont think he cares about the club at all based on his recent actions and allegedly investing £200 mill is nothing when you get that much for one season in the prem. It certainly doessnt make him a fan just because he piddled all his money away on stupid decisions

22 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Could/would any true fan be able to walk away from the club in this state? Especially if you’re the one who put it on the brink of extinction?

I’m not trying to defend Mel for the serious mistakes he’s made (I’ve done that before and since regretted it) but I’m not entirely convinced he’s just walked away. For example, according to the BAWT Twitter extract earlier, the club are not currently being charged any rent for use of the ground. I just hope it’s literally being provided rent free rather than the rent due continuing to accrue with an extortionate rate of interest being applied.

The only way I can see Mel could possibly raise his head again is if he owned up to the mistakes he’d made or allowed to happen under  his stewardship and to be generous to the club, once a new owner is secured, regarding the stadium.

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It's difficult not to love him, isn't it?

What I really like about Rooney is his basic decency. Don't walk away from a mess you made, take responsibility for the people affected by your decisions, don't run away and hide. Just basic stuff you learn as a kid. Footballers always get accused of letting the money and fame go to their heads, of losing touch, of lacking a basic moral compass. And Rooney had a lot more fame and money than most. And yet he's stuck with us at an incredibly difficult time, managing under huge restrictions, putting his reputation at great risk (let's be honest even a lot of Derby fans thought he was failing at one point), because he thinks it's the right thing to do. 

If he goes to Everton I'll remember him as a great manager for us, and a great man. (Yep I'm ignoring his personal life!)

Edited by vonwright

Very kind of Morris that he will apparently give any new owner first option on the stadium!!

It was a badly worded question by Radio Derby when Morris said he had put in 20 million, they originally asked how much have you lost and then before he could answer, repeated the question as how much have you put in, so I would take that as being money put in and certainly not lost, if you can believe what he says after all the goings on that is.

Edited by peakram

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Where are you?

Rooney's not daft that's been abundantly clear from the moment he came into the club.

Unlike some posters on this forum who still try and irrationally defend Morris. Delusional. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Rooney not daft that's being abundantly clear from the moment he came into the club.

Unlike some posters on this forum who still try and irrationally defend Morris. Delusional. 

I two-edged sword though not having the owner speak to you in your very first management job. The good side of it being Morris didn't get to interfere like he did with other managers! ?

Edited by RoyMac5