CALLING MEL MORRIS

Cook1988

2 hours ago, Rev said:

Vodafone, Apple, Google, Meta, Virgin Atlantic.

I could go on.

What you are suggesting regarding those corporations, it's classed as tax avoidance, and while it's very unpalatable, it's not illegal.

What Mr Morris chose to do was to withhold tax payments that were legally due.... bad enough, he then made the conscious decision  to dump the circa £29m HMRC debt into administration. Appalling behaviour in my opinion. 

Edited by europia

3 minutes ago, europia said:

What you are suggesting regarding those corporations, it's classed as tax avoidance, and while it's very unpalatable, it's not illegal.

What Mr Morris chose to do was to withhold tax payments that were legally due.... bad enough, he then made the conscious decision  to dump the circa £29m HMRC debt into administration. Appalling behaviour in my opinion. 

It should be illegal….

14 minutes ago, europia said:

Agreed.

18 minutes ago, europia said:

Either way the end result is the same.

19 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

It should be illegal….

International commerce will ultimately lead to international taxation in the end. Maybe it'll be another 50 or 100 years, but in the end the days of "actually all of our profitable business was done on a tiny island that happens to have naff all tax and all the business we did in your country didn't make any taxable profit" are going to come to an end.

For god's sake Mel, stop pissing about and put the ownership of the stadium in a perpetual trust, administered by elected local people exclusively for the benefit of the club, city,county and country it stands in.

You took over ownership of this club on an investment equals equity basis, the Americans took a haircut to allow you to play with a grown ups trainset, now step aside and let us survive ffs.

The last owners went without seeing a penny profit, indeed massively down on their investment, now step up and do the same, even if we have to service a £15m mortgage on the ground, which you inherited, please please please leave this club in no worse state than you found it, that is surely the minimum you should do for this club!

11 hours ago, Rev said:

For god's sake Mel, stop pissing about and put the ownership of the stadium in a perpetual trust, administered by elected local people exclusively for the benefit of the club, city,county and country it stands in.

You took over ownership of this club on an investment equals equity basis, the Americans took a haircut to allow you to play with a grown ups trainset, now step aside and let us survive ffs.

The last owners went without seeing a penny profit, indeed massively down on their investment, now step up and do the same, even if we have to service a £15m mortgage on the ground, which you inherited, please please please leave this club in no worse state than you found it, that is surely the minimum you should do for this club!

Your last sentence...think that ship has sailed....

11 hours ago, Rev said:

image.gif.a4f57398aff85f9b3c587bf54eb2ce0b.gif

7 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

This is getting desperate now. It seems that as we fight to save our club, the only people left to help us that we can trust are the politicians.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, StrawHillRam said:

I never expected to hear someone say we can trust politicians ?

It's only because the only goal of the politicos is "we saved DCFC" - I'd extend my trust to them only that far because "I'm the MP who let DCFC die" isn't going to help them be re-elected, no matter how much they say "it wasn't my fault".

That's why getting them involved was a good move, far more than any hope the government would do anything (although getting HMRC behind the scenes to take a bigger hit than they'd like but never actually saying so, might also help)

• 1 month later...
On 19/01/2022 at 20:15, Cook1988 said:

Any can they get a message to mel Morris, 

Pay up for your mistakes, you caused all this not the fans 

Us Derby fans follow Derby through and through, we live for Derby County 

He is wealthy and surely he can pay 50 mill if it saves us 

According to the Sunday Times Rich List 2020, Morris is said to have amassed a fortune of £515m, making him the joint 268th richest person in the UK, and the joint 11th richest in the East Midlands.

Alot of people's mental heath will be at risk, mine certainly will be 

?

Appealing directly to Mel and reiterating the OP’s post @Cook1988.

Mel, if you still have a reasonable amount of wealth ( that’s subjective depending on a persons current situation) please do the right thing. Give the stadium away to the prospective new owner and honour at least some of the debt you have amassed. This is not a normal business transaction, it’s personal to perhaps 50k Rams fans. Do you really want the ruination of DCFC on your CV ??

I know you read this Forum.

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

Appealing directly to Mel and reiterating the OP’s post @Cook1988.

Mel, if you still have a reasonable amount of wealth ( that’s subjective depending on a persons current situation) please do the right thing. Give the stadium away to the prospective new owner and honour at least some of the debt you have amassed. This is not a normal business transaction, it’s personal to perhaps 50k Rams fans. Do you really want the ruination of DCFC on your CV ??

I know you read this Forum.

Just suggested a public statement of this same sentiment on another thread, perhaps with a banner at the games?