Rob Couhig on Sports Scene at 6

Ellafella

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

We need Ed Dawes to make him sweat. 

That won't happen, he wont have agreed to come on and be grilled, it will be an opportunity for him to air his grievances directly to Derby fans through the local media. 

I personally haven't listened to the other podcasts he has appeared on, so will be interested to hear his side, which I mostly expect to be finger pointing towards the club.

Who knows, maybe he uses this as a chance to air his grievances but follows it up with a public withdrawal of his claims, with an apology for the distress it may have caused the fans. Not that I hold much hope, but we'll see. 

10 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Simple answer to the question of why claiming against Derby and not the EFL would be the starting point however Ed Dawes will hopefully be doing their homework right now as they obviously have a reason for this and Ed needs to counter it.

Needs to remain respectful as well - and I hope they don't have any callers who will just insult him. 

He has his reasons (they're obviously wrong!) but he has them and hopefully he will see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I’d be shocked if he was answering callers questions. The best we’ll get is Dawes asking questions live, most likely it’ll be a pre-recorded piece.

This guy has run for office in the US a number of times, he failed miserably everytime, however he will have a decent level of media savvy from those experiences.

20 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It is clear that Admin were going to blow Boro & Wycombe out of the water with the 'new' Insolvency law. They'd have separated them from the other creditors and made sure they got nothing.

The above is I imagine also why they hadn't been in touch with them? Not gonna drop them a line saying by the way we've gotcha!

Yep I think you’re right. I guess at this point there’s so many twists and turns, it’s hard to know who or what to believe. Let’s hope the admins have something up their sleeve cause boro and the EFL seem mighty confident over this shambolic episode.  

30 minutes ago, David said:

That won't happen, he wont have agreed to come on and be grilled, it will be an opportunity for him to air his grievances directly to Derby fans through the local media. 

I personally haven't listened to the other podcasts he has appeared on, so will be interested to hear his side, which I mostly expect to be finger pointing towards the club.

Who knows, maybe he uses this as a chance to air his grievances but follows it up with a public withdrawal of his claims, with an apology for the distress it may have caused the fans. Not that I hold much hope, but we'll see. 

?‍♂️ Step into the real World @David please. 

58 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

So EFL statement last night, Boro Statement this afternoon, MPs discussing in Parliament and now Rob Coughig is gonna be on Sportscene at 6pm, so all key players apart from Quantuma will have aired their views

To be fair, they've made their position clear: they want the claims dropped, or the EFL to allow them to apply normal administration law and basically dissolve the claims as part of the process. The last couple of days have seen the situation properly aired and a wider audience realise what's going on. That has led to some panicked and defensive statements put out from the EFL and Boro, and MPs giving them a pretty good going-over. Quantuma's position has improved through saying nothing.

That said, think we need to hear from them pretty soon on continuing talks with the EFL (not sure what we've got to discuss with Boro, but if necessary them too), restating the legal position and the case for the resolution they want, and hopefully something positive on interim funding. 

Edited by vonwright

25 minutes ago, Half fan said:

Let's hope Quantuma aren't busy selling Tom and Jason for enough cash to see out the season.

This will not remove the two Swords of Damocles from above the prospective buyers.

And it will ensure League 1 football next season.

If we've not been liquidated by then.

Said in jest I hope.

Surely, if we can't make the Boro and Wycombe claims go away before the 1st Feb deadline, then nobody will buy us and we will be liquidated. So no amount of selling players will help.

Unless of course, selling those two players (and quite possibly all of the remaining players) is simply a means of putting as much money into the pot as possible - during this transfer window, their last opportunity to do so - to help to partly pay off creditors once we have been liquidated - and in the event they believe they can't win this fight, isn't that the sole purpose of the administrators?

I am certainly more optimistic having watched the debate in parliament this afternoon, but it is just so hard without knowing the true positions / intentions of all of the interested parties.