Billy Sharp Chants

J-Abz

1 hour ago, EnzaRam said:

He was clearly upset by it after he came to clap their fans after the match today. I thought it started with their ex-keeper Henderson a few year's back, I don't know why then, but it seems to have moved onto Sharp.

If it's anything related to his dead child (sorry to put it like that, but if we avoid that, I think we might miss the gravity of how awful it might be) then it's totally out of order and we should all be ashamed. 

Sorry - I phrased that badly. The chant is clearly *at* him. What I meant was he probably doesn’t think it was created specifically to target him and make a genuine accusation - it’s young lads saying stupid things that they probably shouldn’t rather than a deliberate accusation. 

My bad. 

7 hours ago, ossieram said:

It's not a chant I'd sing or agree with, but some Derby fans are really up themselves if they think our fans are going to be the only ones in the country not to sing tasteless or hurtful songs.

Hey I’d rather be ‘up myself’ and hope that our fans can handle a couple of shandies without feeling the urge to start calling someone a rapist/sex offender. 

but that’s just me. Proper up myself. Expecting a bit of decency. Up myself. 

5 hours ago, Rampant said:

It's pathetic and should shame us all. Some fans are absolute weapons. He has every right to have a low opinion of our club.

Forest with the Phillpot chant

Liverpool with the Munich chant

United with the Hillsboro chant

Clubs with the Bradford chant

United with a Billy Bremner chant

Derby alledgedly with the Doherty chant

I could go on, But you get my gist, Fans around the world will do this to wind up piss opposition supporters off, It aint something new, Yes it's tasteless, So is a football oragisation trying to cripple a member football club

I hate that chant, I hate all Rams fans are associated with it. 

I'm sure when he lost his kid, we raised money for the cause and he even singled us out for our support.

Hes a player I would have loved to have signed for us, he would have been a fan favourite.

To see the state of things now with our fans accusing him of something disgusting, and him hoping the club goes bust is pretty depressing tbh.

From my NE Corner seat, I heard nothing, and have never (knowingly) heard the song and/or know what the hell the words are.

Reading the posts on here, I think it best not to ask!

It does appear though, regardless of comments on here, that it offends the intended recipient, and that's enough for me to add my ? to those singing it, encouraging it, and/or condoning it.

Those who find the paedo/sex offender chants acceptable need to have a cold hard look at themselves in the mirror. Your equivalents a few years ago used to think chants about "pa*is" "w*gs" "ni**ers" and general sexual slurs about gays and women acceptable too. 

A wind-up can be both funny and effective - I remember the BBG crowd winding up the likes of Alan Ball and Gazza to the extent that they both got themselves sent off - they didn't have to accuse them of being paedos to do that. 

Be a bit more creative and a have a bit more decency lads. You're proud of your team, have some pride in yourselves too. 

Edited by Crewton

15 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Those who find the paedo/sex offender chants acceptable need to have a cold hard look at themselves in the mirror. Your equivalents a few years ago used to think chants about "pa*is" "w*gs" "ni**ers" and general sexual slurs about gays and women acceptable too. 

A wind-up can be both funny and effective - I remember the BBG crowd winding up the likes of Alan Ball and Gazza to the extent that they both got themselves sent off - they didn't have to accuse them of being paedos to do that. 

Be a bit more creative and a have a bit more decency lads. You're proud of your team, have some pride in yourselves too. 

billy sharp aside, there are no parallels between sexuality/race and horrible deviant sexual behaviour.  

There seems to be a genuine acceptance amongst some of the younguns today to call people a n*nce, sex offender, or to use the "check his hardrive" slur.

I do love banter and I genuinely don't like Billy Sharp, but for me personally, I will never and can never be comfortable with 'banter' about child abuse.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

There seems to be a genuine acceptance amongst some of the younguns today to call people a n*nce, sex offender, or to use the "check his hardrive" slur.

100%, hopefully it's something they grow out of.

2 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Hey I’d rather be ‘up myself’ and hope that our fans can handle a couple of shandies without feeling the urge to start calling someone a rapist/sex offender. 

but that’s just me. Proper up myself. Expecting a bit of decency. Up myself. 

Can I suggest you take up following netball.