Billy Sharp Chants

J-Abz

1 hour ago, TomBustler1884 said:

I hate that chant, I hate all Rams fans are associated with it. 

I'm sure when he lost his kid, we raised money for the cause and he even singled us out for our support.

Hes a player I would have loved to have signed for us, he would have been a fan favourite.

To see the state of things now with our fans accusing him of something disgusting, and him hoping the club goes bust is pretty depressing tbh.

You have a lot of hate to give! Do you hate all fans of all clubs that sing offensive chants or do you just save it for Derby fans?

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

There seems to be a genuine acceptance amongst some of the younguns today to call people a n*nce, sex offender, or to use the "check his hardrive" slur.

I do love banter and I genuinely don't like Billy Sharp, but for me personally, I will never and can never be comfortable with 'banter' about child abuse.

Its not banter though is it that's the issue.

That form of office "banter" at work went out with square wheels and quite rightly has been recognised for masquerading as banter when in fact it was horrific personal abuse.

I reckon people seem to have got Billy Sharp mixed up with that other chap what’s his name who was at Sheffield Utd. I think it’s a bit embarrassing singing a song about someone that hasn’t really done anything wrong apart from score a shed load of goals against us. I think he’s a good goal scorer although thankfully he had a day off yesterday.

Ched Evans I think his name was.

1 hour ago, Ramslad1992 said:

What ever happened to sticks and stones will break my bones? ? 

I don’t condone the song but if he reacts like he does fans will do it even more. 

I've taught both my children...now 45 and 40 years old, It is better to hurt someone with a verbal put down than a smack in the gob, A smack in the mouth soon heals...words don't.

To point/chant at the death of a child, I'd break that teaching, I'd smack them so hard they'd wish their parents had never met.

I mean the first time it was going round I thought it was a bit daft and not all that funny.

It's definitely funny seeing how much it winds him up. It only gets funnier the more he reacts. And he had a terrible game yesterday because of it.

Surely a player of his experience should learn to just focus on his game rather than getting wound up about what is clearly a baseless daft song?

It's in the same category as the Collymore song. Rubbish banter but if it gets on their nerves you have to admit, it's a good chuckle

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

There seems to be a genuine acceptance amongst some of the younguns today to call people a n*nce, sex offender, or to use the "check his hardrive" slur.

I do love banter and I genuinely don't like Billy Sharp, but for me personally, I will never and can never be comfortable with 'banter' about child abuse.

This is the crux of the issue.

These are the new playground insults of today's youth and, as a natural evolution, they now seem to be doing the rounds at a lot of football stadiums.

I don't for one second believe that it's malicious in that anyone thinks he's actually a sex offender, nor is it aimed at him because of the tragic loss of his child.

Unfortunately, he reacts and this creates a vicious cycle where we'll probably keep singing it to him for as long as his playing career lasts.

Just now, Scott129 said:

This is the crux of the issue.

These are the new playground insults of today's youth and, as a natural evolution, they now seem to be doing the rounds at a lot of football stadiums.

I don't for one second believe that it's malicious in that anyone thinks he's actually a sex offender, nor is it aimed at him because of the tragic loss of his child.

Unfortunately, he reacts and this creates a vicious cycle where we'll probably keep singing it to him for as long as his playing career lasts.

What you've just said has horrible overtones of the Eric Cantona incident. So it's perfectly acceptable for a professional to receive dogs abuse about their nationality, parenthood etc for 90 minutes which they have to accept as custom and practice but the moment they do anything to respond in turn then they are the social pariah. 

14 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I mean the first time it was going round I thought it was a bit daft and not all that funny.

It's definitely funny seeing how much it winds him up. It only gets funnier the more he reacts. And he had a terrible game yesterday because of it.

Surely a player of his experience should learn to just focus on his game rather than getting wound up about what is clearly a baseless daft song?

It's in the same category as the Collymore song. Rubbish banter but if it gets on their nerves you have to admit, it's a good chuckle

No way is it in the same category as the Collymore chant. It is far far worse.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

What you've just said has horrible overtones of the Eric Cantona incident. So it's perfectly acceptable for a professional to receive dogs abuse about their nationality, parenthood etc for 90 minutes which they have to accept as custom and practice but the moment they do anything to respond in turn then they are the social pariah. 

I don't personally condone or join in with the chants.

I'm just giving my two cents on why other people do ?‍♂️

I have to agree , working with young people it is a new insult that they don’t see the same way as us older generation do - I think they use nonce etc as it’s one of the few words the think they are allowed to say without fear of arrest 

it’s a stupid chant but is used by various clubs not just Derby - it’s nothing to do with his child 

The best way of dealing with these insults Is ignoring , laughing at or rolling with them - as soon as you react they’ve got you - I though Billy would be able to do one of these but obviously unaware of the new nuances in insulting language used by kids these days - language does change from generation to generation - I don’t swear but the way the F and C word is used by footballers in particular shows this - disgusting words but it’s ok they don’t mind them but other words they don’t use is a no no - I’m sure it will change again in 10 years 

4 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

From my NE Corner seat, I heard nothing, and have never (knowingly) heard the song and/or know what the hell the words are.

Reading the posts on here, I think it best not to ask!

It does appear though, regardless of comments on here, that it offends the intended recipient, and that's enough for me to add my ? to those singing it, encouraging it, and/or condoning it.

On 27/12/2021 at 22:06, Van der MoodHoover said:

We've got a scout in Ireland? 

Didn’t think ours went further than crewe..... ?

I’m NE Corner too, right at the back..

only heard “were Derby boys, we’re on a bender..”

”she said no Billy, she said no..”

wouldn’t waste my energy chanting at opposition players, only backing our own.

5 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Odd comment, no, not a fan of chants like that at anyone by anyone, regardless of club.

There is a big difference between not being a fan and hating.

Sheff utd fans were singing a similar song to a Hull player, so presumably you hate them. 

I think the attempts to justify acceptance of this chant as just being part of youth culture are pathetic and I am disappointed that people aren't doing more to stop it happening. 

These young people don't exist in isolation - many of them will be attending games with friends and family.

You need to speak up against this continuously and tell people why it is unacceptable. 

Like all forms of abuse, doing nothing is not an option. 

I have never been as disappointed with some on this Forum as I am today.

2 hours ago, LN747 said:

...it’s a stupid chant but is used by various clubs not just Derby...

It is not used by Derby, or any other football club.

It may be used by individuals... numerous individuals in some instances... who by chance may well be attending a football match, but no, it is most definitely "used by football clubs"!