A call to action

Derbados

13 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

info on email addresses for individuals...

EFL "house style" for email addresses appears to be initial letter of forename, surname, then @efl.com
eg Rick Parry is rparry@efl.com 

Just sent an e mail  to above address " Dear Mr Parry please show some common sense and stop this campaign which seems to have the intention of seeing DCFC going into liquidation " and it seems to have been delivered

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Sending emails to EFL is useless.

But ringing during office hours blocks the phonelines. Every call has to be answered and takes up the time of a member of staff and occupies a line that other staff or customers might be needing. It's very disruptive.

I think we could be keeping EFL, Middlesbrough and Wycombe quite busy for a few weeks if we all get stuck into this.

Agreed. I had 11 minutes and 7 minutes with someone yesterday! If people are unable to do any work as they're dealing with our complaints, I think this can be very disruptive and can make a big difference. In effect, paying people to listen to us! 

Sent my email to Parry. I do feel though we need somehow to orchestrate crowd funding and quickly. In fact Im surprised that hasn't started as soon as Administration. Please BAWT, RAMSTRUST, PUNJABI anyone with a bit of organisation behind them, please kick this off, there are thousands of people who would chip in, some very rich people too....

Edited by Eatonram

12 minutes ago, Archie said:

Agreed. I had 11 minutes and 7 minutes with someone yesterday! If people are unable to do any work as they're dealing with our complaints, I think this can be very disruptive and can make a big difference. In effect, paying people to listen to us! 

How did the calls go Archie, just fobbed off or anything remotely constructive?

18 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

How did the calls go Archie, just fobbed off or anything remotely constructive?

Didn't expect a great deal. I was put through to someone who listened (and agreed in places) to my complaints. I felt the better for it and certainly made my feelings known without being rude or impolite. 

I will ring her back on Monday and see how her weekend was. 

38 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Sent my email to Parry. I do feel though we need somehow to orchestrate crowd funding and quickly. In fact Im surprised that hasn't started as soon as Administration. Please BAWT, RAMSTRUST, PUNJABI anyone with a bit of organisation behind them, please kick this off, there are thousands of people who would chip in, some very rich people too....

??

Whilst I appreciate it will be likely treated with contempt - I have sent the following email to Mr Parry and Mr Birch - it will get us no further forward I’m sure - but at least I’ve got it off my chest!!!  And now I can get behind the team this afternoon.

See you at 3pm COYR!!! ?

“Like many other Derby County fans - I gravely concerned by the current situation threatening my football club and I hope you are able to provide some clarity.  In a statement issued by our Administrators they state: 

“The difficulty and currently, in our view, the last remaining significant obstacle is to deal with certain claims that are very much disputed but which we are being advised by the EFL cannot be currently compromised notwithstanding statute says otherwise.” 

It is this paragraph which concerns me most. In essence it appears that the EFL Board is overriding statutory law in order to punish Derby County beyond what is fair and reasonable. I’d therefore like to ask the following:

1. Is the statement made by the administrator’s of Derby County FC factually correct? 

2. If so, can you confirm which body within the EFL has reached this conclusion?

3. Can you provide confirmation that this body has full independence in so far as any member of the Board or its nominated sub-committee which maybe presiding over this matter is not conflicted by way of ownership / interest / contract / membership of or to any of the parties bringing claims against Derby County?

4. Can you share the specific articles of law or other legally binding agreement that are being relied upon to override what might be considered statute. 

5. Please provide evidence of how the EFL is acting impartially and has applied lessons learned from the sad demise of Bury FC in the handling of this particular matter. 

6. Please provide evidence of how the EFL is working to protect the interest of the thousands of innocent football fans affected by this ongoing punishment of Derby County Football Club. 

On this point, it should be made clear that Derby County is more than a name, more than a pawn in an egotistical, power play - it’s an important part of many peoples lives - it does a huge amount to support the community it serves. The majority of these fans are victims and are angered and frustrated at the prior owners handling of matters. 

So my final ask, is please do not let the actions of the privileged few be an incentive to punish thousands of innocent victims. The mental anguish you are causing the thousands of people now needs to stop. You have a duty of care which extends beyond your fiduciary duty to the member clubs.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this note.”

13 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Yes indeed. However,

I have emailed and asked him (politely), if he wants to be remembered as one of the people who killed a founder member of the Football League.

Had a reply from Rick Parry

Thanks for your email.

Let me assure you that the EFL is acutely aware of the history and importance of Derby County.

We are not being pressured into anything at all.

What we are doing is following our own regulations consistently and without any prejudice.

What we are not doing is briefing selectively when there are many complex issues to be resolved.

Regards

Rick Parry 

5 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Thanks for your email.

Let me assure you that the EFL is acutely aware of the history and importance of Derby County.

What we are doing is following our own regulations consistently and without any prejudice.

What we are not doing is briefing selectively when there are many complex issues to be resolved.

Regards

Rick Parry 

Basically not doing a thing help us then.

5 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Thanks for your email.

Regards

Rick Parry 

Are they selectively briefing the media though? Percy and Nixon seem to be getting information from somewhere don’t they. I would ask for the regulations that state that vexatious claims have to be considered when they have no merit in their own regulations, their own arbitration or in law. Perhaps I will if I get time. 

21 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Thanks for your email.

Regards

Rick Parry 

Excellent stuff, I have also cut and pasted one of @i-Ram's excellent post on the admin thread and sent it to Parry, we need to all do a lot of cut and pasting of your earlier post and @Dava75 awesome post sending to anyone we can thing of being relevant, I think we need to create a list so we can all plough through them...

1. rparry@efl.com

2. etc

Edited by Philmycock

35 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Thanks for your email.

Regards

Rick Parry 

Didn't mention the Admin claim that they are going against the law (statute) by refusing to let the Club exit administration then?

41 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Thanks for your email.

Regards

Rick Parry 

And i'll wager he was typing that with his nose while sitting back supping a cup of tea

47 minutes ago, Dava75 said:

Whilst I appreciate it will be likely treated with contempt - I have sent the following email to Mr Parry and Mr Birch - it will get us no further forward I’m sure - but at least I’ve got it off my chest!!!  And now I can get behind the team this afternoon.

See you at 3pm COYR!!! ?

“Like many other Derby County fans - I gravely concerned by the current situation threatening my football club and I hope you are able to provide some clarity.  In a statement issued by our Administrators they state: 

“The difficulty and currently, in our view, the last remaining significant obstacle is to deal with certain claims that are very much disputed but which we are being advised by the EFL cannot be currently compromised notwithstanding statute says otherwise.” 

It is this paragraph which concerns me most. In essence it appears that the EFL Board is overriding statutory law in order to punish Derby County beyond what is fair and reasonable. I’d therefore like to ask the following:

1. Is the statement made by the administrator’s of Derby County FC factually correct? 

2. If so, can you confirm which body within the EFL has reached this conclusion?

3. Can you provide confirmation that this body has full independence in so far as any member of the Board or its nominated sub-committee which maybe presiding over this matter is not conflicted by way of ownership / interest / contract / membership of or to any of the parties bringing claims against Derby County?

4. Can you share the specific articles of law or other legally binding agreement that are being relied upon to override what might be considered statute. 

5. Please provide evidence of how the EFL is acting impartially and has applied lessons learned from the sad demise of Bury FC in the handling of this particular matter. 

6. Please provide evidence of how the EFL is working to protect the interest of the thousands of innocent football fans affected by this ongoing punishment of Derby County Football Club. 

On this point, it should be made clear that Derby County is more than a name, more than a pawn in an egotistical, power play - it’s an important part of many peoples lives - it does a huge amount to support the community it serves. The majority of these fans are victims and are angered and frustrated at the prior owners handling of matters. 

So my final ask, is please do not let the actions of the privileged few be an incentive to punish thousands of innocent victims. The mental anguish you are causing the thousands of people now needs to stop. You have a duty of care which extends beyond your fiduciary duty to the member clubs.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this note.”

Brilliant ?

https://www.efl.com/-more/all-about-the-efl/efl-board/

The EFL Board of Directors is responsible for providing the organisation's strategic direction. 

The Board consists of nine directors, six of whom are divisional representatives elected by member Clubs. The divisional representatives include three directors from Championship Clubs, two from League One Clubs and one from a League Two club. The remaining three directors are independent of Clubs.

Rick Parry - Chairman

Trevor Birch - Chief Executive

Debbie Jevans CBE - Senior Independent Non-Executive Director

Simon Bazalgette - Independent Non-Executive Director

Club representatives

Nicholas Randall QC - Championship - Nottingham Forest

Peter Ridsdale - Championship - Preston North End

Neil Bausor - Championship - Middlesbrough

Jez Moxey - League One – Burton Albion

Steven Curwood - League One - Fleetwood Town

John Nixon - League Two – Carlisle United

All emails are first initial, surname @efl.com, eg tbirch@efl.com