A call to action

Derbados

On 14/01/2022 at 19:37, Long Time Lurker said:

Could you advise please whether any party that has (or potentially has) a claim against Derby County is involved in any decision making by the EFL, either at Board or Executive level with regard to the EFL's decision ongoing involvement with the administration and potential future of Derby County.  

If the answer is that such a party does have some involvement in the shaping of the EFL's approach and decision making with regard to the administration of Derby County, can you explain please how you ensure that no conflict of interest will arise.  

For the avoidance of doubt, please treat 'party' as referring to an organisation, or employee of that organisation, or any body or third party who could reasonably be said to be representing that organisation.

Thank you."

Following on from my query above, the EFL have responded as follows:

"Thank you for your email, we acknowledge your comments and recognise this is a concerning time for all those connected to the Club.

On Monday 17 January the EFL released a statement in the form of a Q&A from Chief Executive Trevor Birch, in order to comment on a number of recent reports, social media comment and fan communication in relation to ongoing matters at Derby County. The Q&A can be read here but a number of relevant comments from it have been provided below in order to address some of the points you raise.

The EFL is taking proactive steps to work with the Administrators to find sensible solutions that will see the Club secure a long-term future and meet the requirements as set out in EFL Regulations and the League’s Insolvency Policy.

The aims of the Insolvency Policy are to try and ensure a continuation of a football Club, the settlement of all football debts and the satisfaction of creditors. Part of the League’s rationale for requiring the settlement of creditors is to preserve competition integrity. In this respect the current situation remains challenging as Middlesbrough and Wycombe Wanderers consider their claims should be protected under the terms of the Insolvency Policy but the Administrators disagree. Further, as those claims are not yet determined, the Administrators and bidders have no clarity on the size of any (if any) liability.

The EFL is not a party to those proceedings and nor does it have a role in determining the outcome of them, however it is keen to try and resolve the current impasse. The EFL invited each of the Administrators, Middlesbrough FC, and Wycombe Wanderers to make submissions last week, and we are now in the process of reviewing those submissions with a view to identifying a route to resolve the conflict which exists between the respective positions of, on the one hand, Derby County, and on the other Middlesbrough and Wycombe Wanderers.

In respect of the make-up of the EFL Board, as addressed in Q8 of the Q&A, any EFL Board members conflicted on any matter do not take part in any discussion and are asked to leave the meeting. At present there are two Board Directors conflicted in respect of the matter with Derby County and as such do not participate or engage in any of the decisions.

As outlined in the Q&A, this is a complicated set of circumstances that requires consideration of the EFL’s broader role as the body that oversees 72 member Clubs and not just those Clubs that may be affected at any one time. To try and simplify what is a complex legal position is not simple or straightforward but we are committed to finding an appropriate solution and providing clarity on the issue as soon as possible.

Thank you for contacting the EFL"

I have gone back to them with the following:

"Thank you for the promptness of your reply.

There is one point from my original enquiry that remains unanswered.  You have said that any Board member with a perceived conflict of interest would not attend meetings where the affairs of Derby County were discussed.   However, I also asked whether there was any involvement at Executive level (and had I thought about it, I would have added Advisory level too). By Executive and Advisory, I mean was there any discussion between the EFL and Middlesbrough FC and/or Wycombe Wanderers FC, either directly with the clubs, or indirectly through their representatives, in the preparation of the papers before they were circulated to attending Board members?  Similarly, was there any contact or discussion between the EFL and Middlesborough and Wycombe Wanderers after the meetings had been held? 

If the answers to these questions was that there was no contact, can you confirm then that the issue of the statements by the EFL on Monday 17 December and Middlesborough FC on 18 December were entirely coincidental despite their similarity of not only content but also of style?  Can you also confirm that the criticisms that the statements contain of Quantuma have been arrived at independently and that their similarity, and indeed their similarity to points made by the Wycombe chairman on Radio Derby on 18 January all also coincidental?   And finally, the emergence of these communications are not in anyway driven by the criticisms made of the EFL by MPs, in particular during the emergency debate in Parliament on 18 January?

Thank you."

The EFL are just sending out the same replies now as the above response was the same as mine I think. To be honest it wasn’t worth reading as they just cut and paste from their late night statement. I think we need to keep ringing, keep sending emails and keeping making our voices heard. 

What happened to the day out in Preston? I would advise anyone planning on going organises on pm so no one knows when it is happening as they would all stay at home. Shame if you didn’t get to welcome Birch and Parry. Those who seemed keen should put it out there and ask others to pm and mobilise it. Would be happy to join you but can’t because of my job but think it is very worthwhile if there are enough interested.

What about a peaceful 24 hour vigil outside their HQ? A couple of fans, candles, flags, 8 hour shifts type of thing. Might be a pointless exercise but at least it would be doing something and I'm sure it would make the news hopefully bringing more attention to the cause. 

Appreciate this could end up going on for months though so probably not the best idea. Just a thought. 

On 17/01/2022 at 22:11, Rev said:

The time has come for drastic action.

I think one of us has to go to EFL HQ, and do something so dramatic that the world will sit up and take note.

My choice would be setting themselves on fire, in front of the waiting cameras.

I'd do it myself, but the headlines would no doubt be 'Rick Parry saves homeless man engulfed in fireball by patting flames out with updated copy of EFL rulebook'.

It needs a big name, any volunteers? 

I'd think the forum George Clooney lookalike doing so would create a big enough stir, even setting fire to his armchair before briefly sitting in it would do, anything to get the message heard.

C'mon @i-Ram, step up and be counted! 

Obviously you could do it at the London office, wouldn't want you to struggle bringing the chair up North on our rail network.

Nice idea but how about something more Derbiados related ~ eg find a real life ram strap it to an office chair with a copy of “bye bye baseball ground “ and eject it up though the offices window ~ hopefully when it lands on PArrys desk it passes wind in his tea and leads to confusion for him

i think setting fires is a bit over the top and far fetched and might turn the football community against us

It needs a few thousand Derby fans outside the efl or skysports news with whose in charge gibson or the efl banners . As soon as a fan is interviewed bring up why didnt gibson go after bournemouth .its this that needs highlighting and the efl wont like looking like there puppets . 

1 hour ago, LN747 said:

Nice idea but how about something more Derbiados related ~ eg find a real life ram strap it to an office chair with a copy of “bye bye baseball ground “ and eject it up though the offices window ~ hopefully when it lands on PArrys desk it passes wind in his tea and leads to confusion for him

i think setting fires is a bit over the top and far fetched and might turn the football community against us

Obviously the above comments are tongue in cheek, but I'm deadly serious with my next suggestion.

OCCUPY PRIDE PARK!

March to the ground a week on Sunday as planned, watch the game, then stage a sit in!

Just imagine the publicity if as many fans as possible stayed put after the game, for as long as they possibly could?

Just think of the Sky Cameras coming back to Pride Park after the last game of so called 'Super Sunday', hours after the end of our own game, and there were still thousands of Derby fans still in their seats, refusing to leave until the impasse had been resolved.

Then think of the cameras rolling the next morning, and we're still there!

This is our Church, this is where we heal our hurts. 

It belongs to the staff, players, fans and the wider Derbyshire community, not to a morally bankrupt chancer who's turned tail and headed into the sunset, and we'll live in it until it's returned to its rightful owners.

What a message that would send out, let's make it happen!

Edited by Rev

8 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Occupy Ayresome Park or the Riverside or wherever it is..... Or set up picket lines, leafleting the Gibson lovers.

Picket lines yes, but The Riverside stadium isn't our home.

Pride Park is, and it's been stolen from under our noses.

7 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

...by the man from the Riverside.

Actually, I blame the EFL more than anybody.

Mel and Gibson close behind.

How on earth are the EFL, or Gibson for that matter, to blame for the fact that we don't own our own ground, when before Morris got his hand on the tiller, we did?

It's all on Mel, and to suggest otherwise is disingenuous.

3 minutes ago, Rev said:

How on earth are the EFL, or Gibson for that matter, to blame for the fact that we don't own our own ground, when before Morris got his hand on the tiller, we did?

It's all on Mel, and to suggest otherwise is disingenuous.

Ok, sorry it's late. I was thinking you meant 'club' - that's even more pressing than 'ground'.

On 18/01/2022 at 07:35, TomBustler1884 said:

This needs supporting by as many people as possible. 

Also, why not encourage as many people and businesses as possible to put scarves/flags/shirts in their windows? We need to be visual too, show that the support isn't just online.

20220118_072226.jpg

Still 8000 tickets available for this one. Might be our last ever game. 

Come on.

3 minutes ago, UTFR said:

Still 8000 tickets available for this one. Might be our last ever game. 

Come on.

I'm travelling from North Lincs for this game, if there is a match I will get the missus and two kids up earlier than planned to joined in ???