A call to action

Derbados

Long-lime lurker here (former Ramsnetter and season-ticket holder, back in the day), now riled enough to be more proactive to save our club, and raise awareness with as wide a community as possible (given the paucity of coverage by BBC etc).

Sorry if it's been mentioned elsewhere but, given Quantuma's reluctance (or budgetary inability) to appoint lawyers to fight our corner, is there any prospect of any of our larger local law firms taking any action, either pro bono or through crowdfunding?  David Williams is Chairman of Geldards (located on Pride Park) and is a former Director.  Any other suggestions?

Up the Rams.

15 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

ITV central has spent a good 10 minutes talking about Derby County and the struggles the club are facing. They have mentioned a fund raiser on just giving. Is this a time for the forum to get behind this?

12 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

To raise 7 million?

10 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

Surley it is worth trying?

Maybe use whatever is raised to buy Euro-Millions lottery tickets 

23 hours ago, CheshRam said:

Long-lime lurker here (former Ramsnetter and season-ticket holder, back in the day), now riled enough to be more proactive to save our club, and raise awareness with as wide a community as possible (given the paucity of coverage by BBC etc).

Sorry if it's been mentioned elsewhere but, given Quantuma's reluctance (or budgetary inability) to appoint lawyers to fight our corner, is there any prospect of any of our larger local law firms taking any action, either pro bono or through crowdfunding?  David Williams is Chairman of Geldards (located on Pride Park) and is a former Director.  Any other suggestions?

Up the Rams.

Great idea, has anyone got a contact with Williams or other lawyers?

20 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Who's available for a weekday meet at the EFL office in Preston. Pointless doing it on a weekend when there's no one there.

I'll take a days annual leave to go. Can we get enough to go to make it worthwhile and newsworthy?

If this can be arranged, this can be effective. Their office is in a residential area 5mins from train station and a good chippie. It could panic them into action if you can guarantee enough people going. 

1 hour ago, Archie said:

If this can be arranged, this can be effective. Their office is in a residential area 5mins from train station and a good chippie. It could panic them into action if you can guarantee enough people going. 

Seem to remember on the Crystal Palace documentary on Amazon that they did something similar at the FA headquarters and it was a major turning point for them.

The time has come for drastic action.

I think one of us has to go to EFL HQ, and do something so dramatic that the world will sit up and take note.

My choice would be setting themselves on fire, in front of the waiting cameras.

I'd do it myself, but the headlines would no doubt be 'Rick Parry saves homeless man engulfed in fireball by patting flames out with updated copy of EFL rulebook'.

It needs a big name, any volunteers? 

I'd think the forum George Clooney lookalike doing so would create a big enough stir, even setting fire to his armchair before briefly sitting in it would do, anything to get the message heard.

C'mon @i-Ram, step up and be counted! 

Obviously you could do it at the London office, wouldn't want you to struggle bringing the chair up North on our rail network.

19 minutes ago, Rev said:

The time has come for drastic action.

I think one of us has to go to EFL HQ, and do something so dramatic that the world will sit up and take note.

My choice would be setting themselves on fire, in front of the waiting cameras.

I'd do it myself, but the headlines would no doubt be 'Rick Parry saves homeless man engulfed in fireball by patting flames out with updated copy of EFL rulebook'.

It needs a big name, any volunteers? 

I'd think the forum George Clooney lookalike doing so would create a big enough stir, even setting fire to his armchair before briefly sitting in it would do, anything to get the message heard.

C'mon @i-Ram, step up and be counted! 

Obviously you could do it at the London office, wouldn't want you to struggle bringing the chair up North on our rail network.

I really didn’t know you lot had a rail network up north. I thought that new HS2 route, causing so much inconvenience with noise and construction traffic when I pop into my favourite bistro in Camden, was the start of giving you lot a bit of infrastructure up that way, and what do the politicians call it? Yeah, that’s it, levelling up.

l have been prepared to do my bit, indeed only yesterday I had my wife in a dinghy in Littlehampton bay, with a Rams flag at half mast, and an EFL flag flying above on which I had crudely drawn a skull and crossbones. Only a few people stopped to ask me what was going on, me explaining it was a symbolic protest. One Cockney down for the day said it was certainly a bollics protest, but would be happy to give my wife one, and all of the others hadn’t heard of Derby. They had heard of Wayne Rooney though, most suggesting that as he has a lot of money why don’t I go ask him to put his hand in his pocket.

To be honest I am a bit tired of getting out of the old chair to partake in calls for action. It only feels like 18 months ago I was being asked to bang a saucepan on my doorstep with a bloody wooden spoon for my daughter and her NHS workmates. To do my bit for you though, and to show further willing, I have just rang her to see, on a quid pro quo basis, whether she can get all NHS staff to draw some rainbow pictures with a either a Save the Rams or Duck the EFL slogan and stick it in their front windows. Hopefully that will do the trick ?

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I really didn’t know you lot had a rail network up north. I thought that new HS2 route, causing so much inconvenience with noise and construction traffic when I pop into my favourite bistro in Camden, was the start of giving you lot a bit of infrastructure up that way, and what do the politicians call it? Yeah, that’s it, levelling up.

l have been prepared to do my bit, indeed only yesterday I had my wife in a dinghy in Littlehampton bay, with a Rams flag at half mast, and an EFL flag flying above on which I had crudely drawn a skull and crossbones. Only a few people stopped to ask me what was going on, me explaining it was a symbolic protest. One Cockney down for the day said it was certainly a bollics protest, but would be happy to give my wife one, and all of the others hadn’t heard of Derby. They had heard of Wayne Rooney though, most suggesting that as he has a lot of money why don’t I go ask him to put his hand in his pocket.

To be honest I am a bit tired of getting out of the old chair to partake in calls for action. It only feels like 18 months ago I was being asked to bang a saucepan on my doorstep with a bloody wooden spoon for my daughter and her NHS workmates. To do my bit for you though, and to show further willing, I have just rang her to see, on a quid pro quo basis, whether she can get all NHS staff to draw some rainbow pictures with a either a Save the Rams or Duck the EFL slogan and stick it in their front windows. Hopefully that will do the trick ?

I'll put you down as a maybe, then?